Check your account email address ×

Ecoboost smashes the dick out the corvette's mouth at Lemans

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do you blame him?

No but if his wife is what she says she is ..she should have divorced him years ago..that shows something about her all by itself imo.

Edited by Capt.Storm

• Gold Member

Appears ford was sand bagging on the power figures it released for the 2017 f150 ecoboost....  Rumor is it will be significantly more then initially reported.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2016/07/2nd-gen-2017-ford-f-150-3-5l-ecoboost-v6-will-have-significantly-more-than-365-hp-and-450-lb-ft-unconfirmed/

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Appears ford was sand bagging on the power figures it released for the 2017 f150 ecoboost....  Rumor is it will be significantly more then initially reported.

http://www.tfltruck.com/2016/07/2nd-gen-2017-ford-f-150-3-5l-ecoboost-v6-will-have-significantly-more-than-365-hp-and-450-lb-ft-unconfirmed/

I watched the vids..Ford really seems to have it going on!

Surprised to see 10.5-1 compression on a turbo motor.

• Gold Member

Ford gt drivers understand the need tor severely hamper the the GT through BOP and give the corvette's an advantage.  The GT drivers know if they were allowed to race straight up they would dominate with their ford v6's over the big honking v8 gm's.  Even with reverse boost and the turbo's sucking air out of the cylinders the GT's still qualified 2 and 3 just fractions of seconds off of the big huge v8 GM for tomorrows race

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2016/07/09/scott-maxwell-wins-continental-challenge-while-ford-struggles-with-weight-in-lemans-class.html

Briscoe, a veteran of sports car and IndyCar racing (he filled in last season for James Hinchcliffe), wasn’t particularly upset at the turn of events.

“If there was no (balance of performance), we’d probably be six seconds faster than the field,” he said, “so it’s a necessary evil. Honestly, Corvette, Porsche, they’ve been at a bit of a disadvantage the last three races so we knew some changes were going to be made. But I think the changes were bigger than anyone expected.

On 7/8/2016 at 11:42 PM, Capt.Storm said:

Well still have not talked to my nephew but I did lift this pic from my sisters FB.

13528776_1100417163338115_91426799747494

Nice truck. He needs to tint those front windows to match the factory privacy glass on the rest of the truck 

31 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Maybe its illegal to tint front windows there.....

yeah..you can have some tint but not much.

The front/side windows on my exploder are to dark but the cop let me off a few years ago ..still the same.

explorer002_zpsf662717f.jpg

Edited by Capt.Storm

12 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

The front/side windows on my exploder are to dark but the cop let me off a few years ago ..still the same.

Exploder looks good...i thought it was a 2 dr...did you by another?

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Exploder looks good...i thought it was a 2 dr...did you by another?

I think when you were here I had a black 95 one..still was a 4 door though..just was a 4.0 stick.

I have had this 01 5.0 for like 4 years now.

• Gold Member

Even with negative boost and tons of weight the ford gt won against the unrestricted big honking v8 powered corvette.  BOP may want to consider pulling spark plugs on the ford v6 to balance the performance down to what the corvette can run unrestricted with their v8's.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ford-takes-strategic-gtlm-win-at-ctmp/

1 minute ago, Capt.Storm said:

I think when you were here I had a black 95 one..still was a 4 door though..just was a 4.0 stick.

I have had this 01 5.0 for like 4 years now.

10-4 rubber ducky :bc:

Edited by DAVE

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Even with negative boost and tons of weight the ford gt won against the unrestricted big honking v8 powered corvette.  BOP may want to consider pulling spark plugs on the ford v6 to balance the performance down to what the corvette can run unrestricted with their v8's.

Awesome..... Better drop in the 2.7 to give GM a chance :lol: 

5 hours ago, Capt.Storm said:

Makes a big difference 

IMG_20160707_130315203.jpg

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

3 hours ago, dz246 said:

:lol: Pour Fudgy & Analreciever 

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, dz246 said:

the NA 2.0 in my daughters ford focus would be where they need to put the ford's at to balance the performance to the gm v8's.  2.7 ecoboost is to potent for gm v8's to compete with.

On July 8, 2016 at 6:20 PM, f7ben said:

the faggot cant even fathom simple things like snowmobile engine alignment and he is going to claim to be a pro race car driver :lol:

:lies:you can't comprehend anything it seems. I never said I was pro I said you would have to be one to catch up to the amount of track time I had you Bipolarhooknose imbicile know nothing FUCK 

Edited by Momorider

• Gold Member

375 hp and 470 ftlbs and a 10 speed.  I bet gm will have an ecoboost in there pickups soon so they can compete.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1104932_ford-releases-power-figures-for-next-generation-ecoboost-3-5-liter-v-6

i would guess gm will drop the 6.2 from their trucks since it such a small volume motor.