Check your account email address ×

Ecoboost smashes the dick out the corvette's mouth at Lemans

3 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

man you are scary thick on this deal.:lol:

Overhead cams are way better also.

They are way better, but the camero eats the Mustangs lunch right now for some reason. And it just has a shitty pushrod engine 

1 minute ago, Sludgey said:

They are way better, but the camero eats the Mustangs lunch right now for some reason. And it just has a shitty pushrod engine 

Have you seen this tang deal yet?

This Dealer Sells Brand-New, 727-HP Supercharged Mustangs for $40,000

A Roush supercharged 2016 Ford Mustang GT with more power than a Hellcat, for less than a nicely-optioned Camaro SS? Believe it.

landscape-1462823043-stango.jpg

•  

MAY 9, 2016
  •  
  •  
  •  

Most aftermarket tuners only list the price for their conversions; it's up to you to provide the car. So when we first read about an Ohio Ford dealership selling 727-horsepower, 610 lb.-ft supercharged Ford Mustangs for under $40,000, we figured that was the cost of the upgrade—you provide the Mustang. 

Turns out, that's not the case. At Lebanon Ford of Lebanon, Ohio, you can walk in the door with $40,000 cash, and walk out with a brand-new Roush supercharged Mustang GT that makes more power than a Hellcat. Now that's a gosh-dang bargain. 

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a29116/this-dealer-sells-brand-new-727-hp-supercharged-mustangs-for-40000/

3 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Yeah it's disappointing tbh love Ford tho love my cobra 

My little stock wrx will beat your stock cobra...but hey I know it's unfair because I have dual OH cams and a turbo and probably a lighter car.

but it's only a 4 banger.

subaru should have to use a push rod motor.

Edited by Capt.Storm

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

My little stock wrx will beat your stock cobra...but hey I know it's unfair because I have dual OH cams and a turbo and probably a lighter car.

but it's only a 4 banger.

subaru should have to use a push rod motor.

My cobra is DOHC too!

Just now, Momorider said:

It's almost like you clowns think overhead cams and turbo charging is something new :lmao: 

Didn't Ford have an OHC engine in the firebird in the 60's? I think Ford also had a turbo in an Oldsmobile in the 50's.

• Gold Member
36 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

I agree with you man but they should be able to beat the dirty old pushrods without restricting them

They did beat the dirty old GM v8 that wasn't restricted.  The v6 ford for the next race at the canadian tire challenge will essentially have no boost as regulated by the ISMA so the corvettes big honking can at least see the taillights of the GT in the race.

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

They did beat the dirty old GM v8 that wasn't restricted.  The v6 ford for the next race at the canadian tire challenge will essentially have no boost as regulated by the ISMA so the corvettes big honking can at least see the taillights of the GT in the race.

yeah I know the Ford got unrestricted. It helped them eek a win over a restricted GM. Excited as a Ford fan but secretly disappointed

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Momorider said:

It's almost like you clowns think overhead cams and turbo charging is something new :lmao: 

Ford is the only domestic that has been able to do either correctly.  That is why GM is using the ford 10 speed transmission in their newest and highest performance camaro cause they will soon have ecoboost like ford that require a superior transmission to handle all the power the ford v6 that GM top performance cars will have in the future.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

yeah I know the Ford got unrestricted. It helped them eek a win over a restricted GM. Excited as a Ford fan but secretly disappointed

Nope  Ford was restricted big time at lemans.  Limited boost, added weight.  They have even penalized performance more for this weekends race of fords V6.  After this weekends Ford win they are going to have to BOP fords little v6 turbos to suck air out of the cylinders instead of pushing it into the cylinders to level the performance with the inferior GM corvette.

Edited by BOHICA