Check your account email address ×

60% of people being admitted to hospital with #COVID19 in England have had two doses of a coronavirus vaccine,

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, Plissken said:

If you’ve never had COVID, it makes sense to get the vaccine.  Even if you do end up catching a delta variant or something your effects will be reduced and then you’ll come out of that with ultimate immunity. Delta would basically act as a third booster shot so pretty good deal really.  

:lmao:Does that come with a cape?

10 hours ago, irv said:

The Manitoba one I assume? IIRC, they also stated in order to have a positive test, a lab culture medium must also be included and when they did that, only 44% of the positive test cases were actually positive.

I also find the hypocrisy of the covid cases something else as well. When telling us (the media/gov't) about covid cases and deaths, there is never any mention of the age, commodities of individuals, etc, just this many caught it and this many died but when there are breakthrough cases that cause hospitalizations and deaths after the vaccinations, they are real quick to tell us those things or tell us the cause was unrelated to covid. 

A total of 10,262 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine breakthrough infections had been reported from 46 U.S. states and territories as of April 30, 2021. Among these cases, 6,446 (63%) occurred in females, and the median patient age was 58 years (interquartile range = 40–74 years). Based on preliminary data, 2,725 (27%) vaccine breakthrough infections were asymptomatic, 995 (10%) patients were known to be hospitalized, and 160 (2%) patients died. Among the 995 hospitalized patients, 289 (29%) were asymptomatic or hospitalized for a reason unrelated to COVID-19. The median age of patients who died was 82 years (interquartile range = 71–89 years); 28 (18%) decedents were asymptomatic or died from a cause unrelated to COVID-19. Sequence data were available from 555 (5%) reported cases, 356 (64%) of which were identified as SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern,§ including B.1.1.7 (199; 56%), B.1.429 (88; 25%), B.1.427 (28; 8%), P.1 (28; 8%), and B.1.351 (13; 4%).

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7021e3.htm

That's significantly higher than the mortality rate prior to the jab coming out. :news:

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

It should! :) 

Keep in mind the vaccine does something to natural immunity.   Once vaccinated you can no longer donate plasma/antibodies.  Something fishy about that which is being completely ignored.  I wonder if someone sick with covid who already had the jab can receive the natural antibody treatment?

https://www.redcrossblood.org/local-homepage/news/article/covid-19-vaccination-guide-blood-donation.html

Can I donate COVID-19 convalescent plasma if I have received the vaccination?

At this time individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccine are not able to donate convalescent plasma with the Red Cross. The Red Cross is working as quickly as possible to evaluate this change – as it may involve complex system updates. Please know, the Red Cross is committed to building a readily available inventory of convalescent plasma to ensure patients battling COVID-19 have all treatment options available to them.

Edited by Highmark
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Keep in mind the vaccine does something to natural immunity.   Once vaccinated you can no longer donate plasma/antibodies.  Something fishy about that which is being completely ignored.  I wonder if someone sick with covid who already had the jab can receive the natural antibody treatment?

https://www.redcrossblood.org/local-homepage/news/article/covid-19-vaccination-guide-blood-donation.html

Can I donate COVID-19 convalescent plasma if I have received the vaccination?

At this time individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccine are not able to donate convalescent plasma with the Red Cross. The Red Cross is working as quickly as possible to evaluate this change – as it may involve complex system updates. Please know, the Red Cross is committed to building a readily available inventory of convalescent plasma to ensure patients battling COVID-19 have all treatment options available to them.

Basically each successive vaccination dosage or natural infection would over write your previous upgrade.  So your most recent “thing”, that’s what rev level your antibodies are operating at. At least I’m pretty sure that’s how it works.  

28 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Basically each successive vaccination dosage or natural infection would over write your previous upgrade.  So your most recent “thing”, that’s what rev level your antibodies are operating at. At least I’m pretty sure that’s how it works.  

Not so sure you are right when comparing natural antibodies to the mRNA induced immunity.  Its obvious the natural immunity is somewhat universal but the mRNA is likely specific to the person.   Pretty clear natural immunity is far greater than the jab so I don't know how that would be called an "upgrade."   You don't find it suspicious that people who created natural immunity can no longer give the antibody rich plasma?

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Pretty clear natural immunity is far greater than the jab so I don't know how that would be called an "upgrade."   You don't find it suspicious that people who created natural immunity can no longer give the antibody rich plasma?

Herd immunity hasn't exactly worked out so well. The posterchild Sweden is still pushing for vaccines.

20 hours ago, Plissken said:

If you’ve never had COVID, it makes sense to get the vaccine.  Even if you do end up catching a delta variant or something your effects will be reduced and then you’ll come out of that with ultimate immunity. Delta would basically act as a third booster shot so pretty good deal really.  

l50xfVQ.gif

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Plissken said:

Keep telling yourself that. People who have already gotten their shots will be asked to get boosters annually, if not sooner, even if they get covid. I bet probably half of the people that I know, that have had covid, still got the shots like complete fucking idiots. 

2 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Keep telling yourself that. People who have already gotten their shots will be asked to get boosters annually, if not sooner, even if they get covid. I bet probably half of the people that I know, that have had covid, still got the shots like complete fucking idiots. 

You guys all sound so scientific. My uncle told me the same thing! 

8 hours ago, SSFB said:

I suspect that's regular for you. :news:

:bc:

Sometimes, it’s hard to tell if somebody is being literal or sarcastic.  I enjoy the humor either way, I just want to try and learn the intellect of the person making me laugh.  :lmao:

• 5 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 11:25 PM, Plissken said:

Looks like I’ve been right all along  :ashamed:

“People who contract a breakthrough infection after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine may acquire a "super immunity" to the virus, researchers from the Oregon Health & Science University found.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/covid-19-infection-after-vaccine-may-create-super-immunity-study-finds/2711209/%3Famp

• Haha 1

Does that include me and my wife ? Double Pfizer vax’d followed later by contracting China Flu twice ? Not too super if you get it twice I’d think.

Edited by CFM

1 hour ago, CFM said:

Does that include me and my wife ? Double Pfizer vax’d followed later by contracting China Flu twice ? Not too super if you get it twice I’d think.

I think you answered your own question but I’d caution against extrapolating.  

Consider for a moment the advice of Dr. Rogan.  

“You know what I think you should do? I think you should get vaccinated and then get sick.  This is why: because then you got the vaccine protects you from a bad infection and then you get COVID so then you get the robust immunity that’s imparted from having the actual disease itself.”

• Haha 1