Check your account email address ×

Meme thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

It's insane, and a perfect example of the entitlement mentality.

I don't fuck around with shitty service or attitude.  It rarely happens, but I'll by-pass the server and complain to the manager and usually get our meal for free or discounted.

A good server can make good money. 

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I don't fuck around with shitty service or attitude.  It rarely happens, but I'll by-pass the server and complain to the manager and usually get our meal for free or discounted.

Especially in this environment.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Shitty service is the norm.  We actually  follow servers and bartenders to different places when they leave. They take care of us , without the shit attitude, like they are doing us a favor. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Shitty service is the norm.  We actually  follow servers and bartenders to different places when they leave. They take care of us , without the shit attitude, like they are doing us a favor. 

So you're probably a big tipper when deserved. I'm that way also. Good servers don't forget big tippers.

If I'm at a resort or someplace? I can usually tell who's a good server and I get the ball rolling right away and basically never have to ask for anything during our stay. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

So you're probably a big tipper when deserved. I'm that way also. Good servers don't forget big tippers.

If I'm at a resort or someplace? I can usually tell who's a good server and I get the ball rolling right away and basically never have to ask for anything during our stay. 

Yup.  A good bartender/ server knows party people and takes care of them. Spend a lot of money and tip good. 

No tolerance for a shitty attitude. I am nice and respectful….you better be the same. 

• Like 1

Back over 20 years ago my Army buddy used to rip $100 in half, give 1 part to the waitress, and tell her as long as the glasses stayed full she got the other half, on top of the tips we gave her per drink.

I got really hammered with that dude.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Back over 20 years ago my Army buddy used to rip $100 in half, give 1 part to the waitress, and tell her as long as the glasses stayed full she got the other half, on top of the tips we gave her per drink.

I got really hammered with that dude.

Good times for sure!

I use to love getting hammered with the boys. I just need 2 or 3 days to recover now. It just isn't worth it! :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HSR said:

Screenshot_20230708_110043_Facebook.jpg

I watched two guys doing something like that years ago, 2 extension ladders at 2nd floor level, ladder jacks on each ladder and another extension ladder extended out from one ladder jack to the other ladder jack... I was waiting for the ladder they were using as scaffolding to snap in the middle, they did put a 2x10 over the ladder rungs so they didn't fall thru the ladder rung holes....... Safety 1st.......... :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Good times for sure!

I use to love getting hammered with the boys. I just need 2 or 3 days to recover now. It just isn't worth it! :lol:

The stories I could tell of going on our 2 weeks training in the summer.... we used to show up at the rifle ranges the next morning and have the medics give us IVs..... brings you right back to the front....

No Army vehicles for us when we went to Seattle, gave us rental vouchers... came back from Hertz in 2 sub 500 mile Cadillac DeVilles.... funniest thing ever is a Caddy screaming down a tank trail... :lol:

Drove an old Lincoln stretch limo from Maine to North Carolina... blew an axle seal on the way... good times.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

The stories I could tell of going on our 2 weeks training in the summer.... we used to show up at the rifle ranges the next morning and have the medics give us IVs..... brings you right back to the front....

No Army vehicles for us when we went to Seattle, gave us rental vouchers... came back from Hertz in 2 sub 500 mile Cadillac DeVilles.... funniest thing ever is a Caddy screaming down a tank trail... :lol:

Drove an old Lincoln stretch limo from Maine to North Carolina... blew an axle seal on the way... good times.

I kid you not. We did the IV trick as well!

:lol:

27 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I kid you not. We did the IV trick as well!

:lol:

There is an IV bar in town... next time I'm hung over...

Although I quit drinking...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I love it when people talk about all the fun they used to have.  Lord have mercy on my next 30 years. 

I should be dead, in jail or on a terrorist watch list, depending on who you ask.... :lol:

• Haha 1

Tried jumping a kaserne wall in Germany that during a curfew situation, wound up face down with a baton in my neck by a squad of mps... almost got tossed out of school for that one...

I would say 'good times', but yeah, no....