Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

What a great Xfinity series race!! Gragson with an EPIC burnout!!

He burned her right down to the rims! 
The best part of that finish is that Gragson won it clean and got himself into the Final 4….kid has his ups and downs but you have to love his honesty and passion for the sport.👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 hours ago, Doug said:

Another little trivia.  Allan Kulwicki nascar's 1992 champion's first feature win was in my home town.

FB_IMG_1622508327672.jpg

Very cool…love this kind of stuff. I’m in a Dick Trickle group on FB and it’s neat how much his fans still love the guy and pay tribute to him.👍🏼🇺🇸

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Bowman, Byron, Dillon

I should probably take Dillon but I’m a big fan of fellow Michigander Erik Jones.👍🏼🇺🇸

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Very cool…love this kind of stuff. I’m in a Dick Trickle group on FB and it’s neat how much his fans still love the guy and pay tribute to him.👍🏼🇺🇸

Here's the car (1957) my dad use to help out with and take me along when they would work on the car.  The 66 Chevelle is the 57 frame reworked 66 Chevelle body and 427 big block.  I've never raced other than pack the track and some hot laps but worked on a crew until 2000 in dirt late models when the driver retired.

Dave Conger #20 pic1.jpg

scan0115.jpg

FB_IMG_1624930478920.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Here's the car (1957) my dad use to help out with and take me along when they would work on the car.  The 66 Chevelle is the 57 frame reworked 66 Chevelle body and 427 big block.  I've never raced other than pack the track and some hot laps but worked on a crew until 2000 in dirt late models when the driver retired.

Dave Conger #20 pic1.jpg

scan0115.jpg

FB_IMG_1624930478920.jpg

That is really cool…sounds like a good time.👍🏼

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They show the Trickle tribute park or whatever they call it? In his home town. We stopped at it when we were passing through one time. Pretty neat. 

I met Dick a few times. He was as genuine as they come. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend said:

They show the Trickle tribute park or whatever they call it? In his home town. We stopped at it when we were passing through one time. Pretty neat. 

I met Dick a few times. He was as genuine as they come. 

Yessir...Rudolph, WI I believe....very cool you were able to meet him.👊🏻🇺🇸

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Used up all the top drivers….

Bowman, Buescher, Jones

24 minutes ago, Doug said:

👍way to go Bowman.

From personal experience Denny is ass.  

Hell yeah...1st, 8th and 9th....wasn’t expecting that.👊🏻🇺🇸

Pulling for Larson to win the championship.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yessir...Rudolph, WI I believe....very cool you were able to meet him.👊🏻🇺🇸

Did not matter who you were. He would shoot the shit with anyone. Kenny Wallace, Ken Schrader are same way. All from the same mold. 

• Like 2

The poor announcers trying to create drama while Larson whips the field with ease.

I saved a Larson pick for this race since way back in the season. Its been so obvious he would win this race and the championship.

The entire situation from last year now seems even more ridiculous than it did then.

He was such a horrible person for saying the "N" word to a friend while playing a video game that he was banded from the sport. A year and a half later he's the champion and the face of Nascar for the next year.  Fuck me.  :roflcrying:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The poor announcers trying to create drama while Larson whips the field with ease.

I saved a Larson pick for this race since way back in the season. Its been so obvious he would win this race and the championship.

With the season he has had, there is no way he shouldn't be champion.  Same with Truex's championship with Furniture Row. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

With the season he has had, there is no way he shouldn't be champion.  Same with Truex's championship with Furniture Row. 

No doubt. He earned this championship, he deserved it without question. But a flat tire today at the wrong time could have put him out of the running. I appreciate what the Chase has brought to the sport but I still struggle with the potential down side it creates.

• Like 1

I like Larson because it doesn't matter if it's a midget, sprint car, dirt late model or nascar the guy can drive and win.  I would have been fine with Truex or Elliot as the champion also.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

No doubt. He earned this championship, he deserved it without question. But a flat tire today at the wrong time could have put him out of the running. I appreciate what the Chase has brought to the sport but I still struggle with the potential down side it creates.

Same.  I'm thinking a racer, in theory, could win a championship without a top 5 finish all year.

I'm pretty sure someone won a Truck series championship without a win and Newman came damn close to doing it too.

They are trying to create Super Bowl like excitement and drama, but it is so far removed from all other forms of racing, I struggle with it.

You could theoretically win every race in a season and finish second at the last one and loose the Championship to a guy who has done just good enough to keep making the cut.

• Like 1