Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racinfarmer said:

I can't imagine there are many people who quit watching NASCAR just because of the broadcast team whichever channel has assembled.  

I agree with that as well....it is refreshing listening to Junior, Burton and that crew but I watched the first half of the season  as well.

Today in francecar , one to many Waltrip's  in the booth. brian france has cooked his golden goose like a master chef.  Every driver is plain low fat vanilla, E sr.  would never survive in today's corporate  francecar. They ruined Bristol . A small savvy racer just can't make the show . Superspeedway racing has and will be a wreck fest. I like the short tracks and road course races. francecar  badly needs a tough as nails racer(s) like the Alabama gang or Jimmy Spencer or a young Tony Stewart back in the mix. Kyle Busch is a great wheel man , after race fighter , not so much

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Today in francecar , one to many Waltrip's  in the booth. brian france has cooked his golden goose like a master chef.  Every driver is plain low fat vanilla, E sr.  would never survive in today's corporate  francecar. They ruined Bristol . A small savvy racer just can't make the show . Superspeedway racing has and will be a wreck fest. I like the short tracks and road course races. francecar  badly needs a tough as nails racer(s) like the Alabama gang or Jimmy Spencer or a young Tony Stewart back in the mix. Kyle Busch is a great wheel man , after race fighter , not so much

And should not have his Cup championship.  

Edited by racinfarmer

17 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Concur with all of that.

39 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't agree with the rule that allowed it, but he won according to the rules in place at the time. Or was that another rule that got made up as they went along?

1 minute ago, ckf said:

I don't agree with the rule that allowed it, but he won according to the rules in place at the time. Or was that another rule that got made up as they went along?

Dont believe so....top 35 thing was in place from the beginning i think.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Dont believe so....top 35 thing was in place from the beginning i think.

He got a waiver from NASCAR.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He got a waiver from NASCAR.

It was top 30 before the chase...im not seeing a waiver thing....but im sure you will find it. :lol:

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

It was top 30 before the chase...im not seeing a waiver thing....but im sure you will find it. :lol:

You knew I would..... :lol:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nascar-auto-racing/thatsracin/article45980390.html

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

He won according to the rules in place, but what other race series can you miss 1/2 the year and still win the championship?

The whole thing is dumb....

Kurt Busch, Jamie Mac, Denny Hamlin

picked them Tuesday, what happened to Hamlin that he’s starting 36th?

Just now, Blackstar said:

Didn't pass inspection so he didn't make a qualifying run.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Nothing serious, I picked him too. Along with 2 field fillers.

That bonehead Shrub has to start in the back because he missed driver intros. 

Nevermind....wrong Kyle. :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

That is a damn good crowd that any short track would love to have.  

The 2 dirt tracks i went to when i went back east were packed.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

The 2 dirt tracks i went to when i went back east were packed.

I would say that isn't the case in the midwest at pretty much every weekly track and even most of the specials.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

I would say that isn't the case in the midwest at pretty much every weekly track and even most of the specials.

Cough cough....imca

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Cough cough....imca

We have IMCA, WISSOTA, USRA, USMTS and even some UMP.  The sanctioning bodies are usually not the problem, and the biggest weekly car counts tend to be at IMCA sanctioned tracks.