Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

Toyota Supra announced for NASCAR XFINITY Series competition

Toyota announced the Supra will compete in the NASCAR Xfinity Series in 2019, when it will make its competition debut at Daytona to begin a maiden voyage that will vault the iconic spots car back into the spotlight.

Rumors of the Supra's return have been circulated for years. Recent hints, have alluded to the return of Toyota's famed sports car, but the NASCAR announcement confirmed the speculation.

"When you talk Toyota and cool cars, the Supra is the first thing that comes to mind for many auto enthusiasts," said Ed Laukes, group vice president of Toyota Division Marketing. "The Supra's return in production form is huge news, but now we're also going to see this iconic sports car return to American motorsport. From a marketing perspective, it's important to have a race car that evokes the dynamism and character of its showroom counterpart. We're confident we've accomplished that with Supra, and we hope racing fans the world over will proudly cheer its success on track."

Using a familiar playbook that has led to race wins and championships, Toyota and TRD, U.S.A. (Toyota Racing Development), the manufacturer's race engineering arm, worked hand-in-hand with Calty Design Research, Inc. to develop a Supra race car for NASCAR competition. Calty, Toyota's U.S. design studio, and TRD worked to match the styling and emotion of the Supra and build a race version that fits within NASCAR's competition template.

"We've had tremendous success working with Calty to develop race cars that match the look, feel and excitement of their showroom counterparts," said David Wilson, president of TRD. "We're confident Calty and TRD have developed another race car, Supra, that is capable of winning races and championships. For Supra to be racing in NASCAR just speaks to how important this vehicle is to us, and that we believe Supra can be a bona fide championship winner."

r396975_1296x518_5-2.jpg&w=920&h=368&sca

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Qualifying on now...Dillon looks like he might win the pole...come on Bowyer!!! 

Bowyer on top for now...McDowell doing well....he goes to the top. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

Wow what a finish.....NASCAR takes win away from rookie Justin Haley for going below the double yellow line to make a pass...Larson gets the win. Sadler 2nd.

13 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Xfinity going green.....really liking Dale Jr. on these broadcasts.:thumbsup:

:iagree:   He brings a unique perspective, not only as a former driver, but also a historian of the sport :thumb:

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Come on Sadler!!:thumbsup:

That's who I was pulling for, too.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wow what a finish.....NASCAR takes win away from rookie Justin Haley for going below the double yellow line to make a pass...Larson gets the win. Sadler 2nd.

I felt bad for Haley, but he broke the dbl ylw rule even though he didn't need to go that low :(

1 minute ago, ckf said:

:iagree:   He brings a unique perspective, not only as a former driver, but also a historian of the sport :thumb:

That's who I was pulling for, too.

I felt bad for Haley, but he broke the dbl ylw rule even though he didn't need to go that low :(

Right but that almost works in his favor IMO.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right but that almost works in his favor IMO.

I was with you on that last night until one of the announcers said, " If you step out of bounds in the NFL even though you didn't need to, you're still out of bounds".

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was with you on that last night until one of the announcers said, " If you step out of bounds in the NFL even though you didn't need to, you're still out of bounds".

Yeah I know but Kenny Wallace is on my side and if that were Dale Jr. He gets the win....jus sayin.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

The rule is dumb imo....but is there to stop the big crashes at the end of the race.

Just now, DAVE said:

The rule is dumb imo....but is there to stop the big crashes at the end of the race.

Agreed on both....still a helluva  move by Haley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah I know but Kenny Wallace is on my side and if that were Dale Jr. He gets the win....jus sayin.

I agree that FranceCar hasn't been all that consistent with their calling of rules violations over the years. But I do think they have gotten a little better over the past year or two. At least we don't have a bunch of debris cautions anymore.