Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I see that the Chevy teams are still not up to speed at the mile and a half's. The 3 car was the top Chevy in qualifying in 13th.  

Yeah I really don't understand why they are struggling so badly at this point of the season and it's pretty bad when RCR has the fastest Chevy and not Hendrick.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah I really don't understand why they are struggling so badly at this point of the season and it's pretty bad when RCR has the fastest Chevy and not Hendrick.

I thought they would have figured it out months ago. And to think, everyone thought the Ford's would struggle to keep up with the Toyota's & Chevy's :lol:

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I thought they would have figured it out months ago. And to think, everyone thought the Ford's would struggle to keep up with the Toyota's & Chevy's :lol:

No kidding....unreal how good the Fords have been. Here's something else I was thinking about the other day....what is going to happen when owners like Joe Gibbs, Richard Childress, Rick Hendrick, etc....decide to hang it up? All of them are getting up there in age and Hendrick has had health problems as well. Also Hendrick and Childress are links to the NASCAR that older fans are familiar with...when they start leaving the stands will be more empty than they are now.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No kidding....unreal how good the Fords have been. Here's something else I was thinking about the other day....what is going to happen when owners like Joe Gibbs, Richard Childress, Rick Hendrick, etc....decide to hang it up? All of them are getting up there in age and Hendrick has had health problems as well.

Gibbs son is basically running his show now....Austins Dad will run RCR...and Chad Knaus will run Hendrick.

;)

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Gibbs son is basically running his show now....Austins Dad will run RCR...and Chad Knaus will run Hendrick.

;)

JD Gibbs has some sort of brain issue I thought..are you sure he is running things  or is there another son? As for Mike Dillon that poor bastard never even gets a mention from his own kids much less Richard. :lol:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

JD Gibbs has some sort of brain issue I thought..are you sure he is running things  or is there another son? As for Mike Dillon that poor bastard never even gets a mention from his own kids much less Richard. :lol:

Oh i didnt know that about JD. :(

Mike plays a big part I think...hes a hell of a guy imo.

9 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Oh i didnt know that about JD. :(

Mike plays a big part I think...hes a hell of a guy imo.

I like Dillon as well...maybe he prefers staying out of the spotlight.

I can't find anything real current about his condition but doctors say it may have something to do with his college football playing days....sad deal.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/nascar/os-daytona-500-joe-gibbs-brian-schmitz-0222-20160221-column.html

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Motorsports related , Are state of the art racing venues needed everywhere ?  https://www.dragzine.com/features/editorials-opinions/question-of-the-week-are-state-of-the-art-racing-venues-necessary/   :read:

Racers and fans want pretty much the same things: good racing, fair rules and calls, clean restrooms, decent food, a safe track, and a well run show.  I don't think that is exclusive to any form of racing.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ckf said:

I see that the Chevy teams are still not up to speed at the mile and a half's. The 3 car was the top Chevy in qualifying in 13th.  

The bowtie teams thought they had a huge aero advantage with the Camaros in the wind tunnel testing,  what happened on track with other cars around them at speed is far different . The Chevy teams have been pushing for a front nose change + rear wheel opening changes , francecar has said NO , as multi team cars  have been pulled and tested after races in the wind tunnel.

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Racers and fans want pretty much the same things: good racing, fair rules and calls, clean restrooms, decent food, a safe track, and a well run show.  I don't think that is exclusive to any form of racing.  

As a fan I agree with all of that but NASCAR doesn't seem to grasp any of it other than the safe track, good food and clean restrooms. Attendance is down, ratings are down..why....the racing sucks for the most part, there are wayyy too many rules which in turn make the cars too expensive and old historical tracks have been replaced with 1.5 mile horsehsit  cookie cutters. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As a fan I agree with all of that but NASCAR doesn't seem to grasp any of it other than the safe track, good food and clean restrooms. Attendance is down, ratings are down..why....the racing sucks for the most part, there are wayyy too many rules which in turn make the cars too expensive and old historical tracks have been replaced with 1.5 mile horsehsit  cookie cutters. 

I'd say NASCAR's problems more come from their attempt to make cars as close as possible and their on the track rules.  

What NASCAR is is so far removed from every other form of circle track racing in North America, no one really knows what to think of it other then WWE on wheels.

People can blame Toyota and #3 kicked the bucket, and the broadcast team and whatnot all they want, but those are all just cannon fodder.  

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'd say NASCAR's problems more come from their attempt to make cars as close as possible and their on the track rules.  

What NASCAR is is so far removed from every other form of circle track racing in North America, no one really knows what to think of it other then WWE on wheels.

People can blame Toyota and #3 kicked the bucket, and the broadcast team and whatnot all they want, but those are all just cannon fodder.  

I.definitely agree with those first two reasons.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I.definitely agree with those first two reasons.

I can't imagine there are many people who quit watching NASCAR just because of the broadcast team whichever channel has assembled.