Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 2strokemerc said:

You'd think that would be a safety issue. I know if I was driving around with temps of 153 I'd be going from the car to an ambulance.

They must have those cool boxes maxed out!

Wonder how they managed in the old days...just light another cigarette and chug a Dr.Pepper? :lol:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

They must have those cool boxes maxed out!

Wonder how they managed in the old days...just light another cigarette and chug a Dr.Pepper? :lol:

Keep sucking on the bottle.  

Cup Qualifying tonight at 7:00....Harvick  and Larson leading the Xfinity race.

Junior doing well in the booth and the combo of him,  Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte  and Rick Allen is refreshing.:thumbsup:

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cup Qualifying tonight at 7:00....Harvick  and Larson leading the Xfinity race.

Junior doing well in the booth and the combo of him,  Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte  and Rick Allen is refreshing.:thumbsup:

Yes it is

Paul Menard  on the pole for tomorrow...they said today he would be fast.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 7:42 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Drum Raceway was first built in 1970 as a snowmobile race track. Jim Washer and his family ran the track from beginning to end. In 1971 they opened their doors to stock cars.

Cool.

Used to be a race track a half mile down the road from where I live now. It closed in the fall of 1963 due to noise complaints (the town refused to renew their business license).

Elliot, Blaney, Kurt Busch

• Like 3

Just now, ckf said:

Suarez, Byron and Menard unless I pull a Smails :)

BTW, They moved the start up to 2:32 ET due to the chance of rain this afternoon.

Byron eh.....like you I have a Chevy, Ford and Toyota....hope it pays off.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Byron eh.....like you I have a Chevy, Ford and Toyota....hope it pays off.

I'm trying to save some drivers for the second half of the season. I do think the Chevy teams are starting to get a handle on the new Camaro. I doubt it will happen today, but I think Byron has the talent and team to win before the year is out.

Four drivers had their qualifying times disallowed for failing postqualifying technical inspection at Chicagoland Speedway -- #78-Truex, Jr. will start 36th, #11-Hamlin 37th, #48-Johnson 38th and #37-Buescher 39th. In addition, #17-Stenhouse, Jr. had a pinched brake line after qualifying and will have to drop to the rear at the start of the race for unapproved adjustments.

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

Four drivers had their qualifying times disallowed for failing postqualifying technical inspection at Chicagoland Speedway -- #78-Truex, Jr. will start 36th, #11-Hamlin 37th, #48-Johnson 38th and #37-Buescher 39th. In addition, #17-Stenhouse, Jr. had a pinched brake line after qualifying and will have to drop to the rear at the start of the race for unapproved adjustments.

Thanks for the heads up....time to pull a me and dump Hamlin.:thumbsup:

I going to give a Byron a go as well....haven't used him yet and he qualified well.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks for the heads up....time to pull a me and dump Hamlin.:thumbsup:

I going to give a Byron a go as well....haven't used him yet and he qualified well.

Don't blame me if he doesn't run well. I haven't been having very good luck with my picks over the past several weeks.

Just now, ckf said:

Don't blame me if he doesn't run well. I haven't been having very good luck with my picks over the past several weeks.

Haha...no worries there...my picks have sucked as well. :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

Pfffffft!!!!!

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Sprint car driver/Champion Jason Johnson headed to his final resting spot in Eunice, Louisiana. He was born and raised a Cajun so they are bringing him home in his hauler. RIP Jason!

36327427_10155885974984118_1852971465566060544_n.jpg

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Drum Raceway was first built in 1970 as a snowmobile race track. Jim Washer and his family ran the track from beginning to end. In 1971 they opened their doors to stock cars.

Cool.

Used to be a race track a half mile down the road from where I live now. It closed in the fall of 1963 due to noise complaints (the town refused to renew their business license).

Elliot, Blaney, Kurt Busch

Michigan has a long history with Motorsports , Here  is a closed dragstrip  because of a on track racing death, then lawsuit. Great location because of the major expressway traffic and ongoing noise. Other stuff to check out on this site also.  http://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/dragway.aspx?id=1343&Type=6      :read:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Teammates running hard for the stage win....awesome!:thumbsup:

SHR is on fire this year. Harvick has always run well, but now all four teams are clicking.

I noticed @steve from amherst hadn't made any picks this week when I was poking around just before the picks were locked. I think I picked the 9, 10, 21 for him. Hope it works out better than my picks are doing.

• Like 1