Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
21 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Unless the 2 to the left are 7 feet tall that's 6 feet using huzys ruler. 

I was thinking that as well.

Hamlin says mid-week races under consideration

In this week's edition of the Dale Jr. Download, guest star Denny Hamlin revealed the existence of a secret driver's council and the possibility that mid-week Cup races could happen in the foreseeable future.

The Driver's Council has been around in an official capacity since 2016, but Hamlin told Dale Earnhardt Jr. that it has now been broken into various groups.

And Hamlin says that he is part of a "different, secret council now. ... I meet with all the industry leaders, the track presidents, the team presidents, NASCAR. I feel like they give us a great platform to go in there and speak our minds and tell them about the schedule."

One of the items under discussion? A mid-week race.

The question has been raised, "can we get some mid-week races going on? How can we do that? Let's start it now, so I think there are some big things on the horizon. ... I see it within the next couple of years: You're gonna see something Wednesday, Thursday."

UPDATE: Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series Sonoma 350 earned a 1.4 rating and 2.3 million viewers on FS1, down 30% in ratings and 28% in viewership from last year (2.0, 3.2M) and down 42% and 40% respectively from 2016 (2.4, 3.9M).

Martin Truex Jr.'s win ranks as the lowest rated edition of the race since at least 1998 and the least-watched since at least 2002.

Ratings and viewership were the second-lowest of the season, ahead of only Kansas on FS1 last month (1.2, 2.0M).

Not helping matters this week was direct competition from the FIFA World Cup on FOX and Telemundo. Sunday's race overlapped with the Poland-Colombia match on FOX (4.4M) and Telemundo (3.5M).

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

Hamlin says mid-week races under consideration

In this week's edition of the Dale Jr. Download, guest star Denny Hamlin revealed the existence of a secret driver's council and the possibility that mid-week Cup races could happen in the foreseeable future.

The Driver's Council has been around in an official capacity since 2016, but Hamlin told Dale Earnhardt Jr. that it has now been broken into various groups.

And Hamlin says that he is part of a "different, secret council now. ... I meet with all the industry leaders, the track presidents, the team presidents, NASCAR. I feel like they give us a great platform to go in there and speak our minds and tell them about the schedule."

One of the items under discussion? A mid-week race.

The question has been raised, "can we get some mid-week races going on? How can we do that? Let's start it now, so I think there are some big things on the horizon. ... I see it within the next couple of years: You're gonna see something Wednesday, Thursday."

Would be tough to go to these unless you were local or retired.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

UPDATE: Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series Sonoma 350 earned a 1.4 rating and 2.3 million viewers on FS1, down 30% in ratings and 28% in viewership from last year (2.0, 3.2M) and down 42% and 40% respectively from 2016 (2.4, 3.9M).

Martin Truex Jr.'s win ranks as the lowest rated edition of the race since at least 1998 and the least-watched since at least 2002.

Ratings and viewership were the second-lowest of the season, ahead of only Kansas on FS1 last month (1.2, 2.0M).

Not helping matters this week was direct competition from the FIFA World Cup on FOX and Telemundo. Sunday's race overlapped with the Poland-Colombia match on FOX (4.4M) and Telemundo (3.5M).

It was a boring race.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAVE said:

It was a boring race.

The road races used to be so awesome...they are getting just like the rest of the races.

22 minutes ago, DAVE said:

It was a boring race.

people take time off to do all sorts of things.  They wfill NFL stadiums on MOnday and Thursday nights and these days the crowd for a nascar race might not even be that big.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

people take time off to do all sorts of things.  They wfill NFL stadiums on MOnday and Thursday nights and these days the crowd for a nascar race might not even be that big.  

No shit....but Nascar isnt popular rite now...so cant see it helping with attendance.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hell yeah!

IMG_4073.JPG.56dafe7505a15617499a44a40894b53c.JPG

francecar  would do themselves and the fans a big favor and find another , Mr. Excitement. Unfiltered and plenty rough around the edge. imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

No shit....but Nascar isnt popular rite now...so cant see it helping with attendance.

All sports venues are taking huge hits in attendance , have you checked out the stats for major league  baseball and professional golf ?  Agree that francecar is in the shitter with fan base they once had.

3 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

francecar  would do themselves and the fans a big favor and find another , Mr. Excitement. Unfiltered and plenty rough around the edge. imo

Absolutely agree with that...sadly I just think those days have passed and corporate sponsors are looking for polished, pretty, politically correct faces. 

• Like 2

Just now, hwytohell said:

All sports venues are taking huge hits in attendance , have you checked out the stats for major league  baseball and professional golf ?  Agree that francecar is in the shitter with fan base they once had.

No i havent

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absolutely agree with that...sadly I just think those days have passed and corporate sponsors are looking for polished, pretty, politically correct faces. 

Return to grass roots...take some tech out of the sport so any joe could for the most afford to race....i know that will never happen though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Return to grass roots...take some tech out of the sport so any joe could for the most afford to race....i know that will never happen though.

Exactly...it’s become a series where only handful of high dollar multi car teams have a shot at winning or even finishing well. Of course there are exceptions like Daytona and Dega where if a low budget guy can stay clean until the end he might luck  his way into the top 10 when the leaders wreck.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly...it’s become a series where only handful of high dollar multi car teams have a shot at winning or even finishing well. Of course there are exceptions like Daytona and Dega where if a low budget guy can stay clean until the end he might luck  his way into the top 10 when the leaders wreck.

That is what was happening with the pro ranks in NHRA drag racing . This year at major events they have stopped with the $ 10 k per day track prep , now many low buck racers  can make the 16 car field that will pay some money and get a little TV time . Why people have asked about this change ??  Thank Connie Kalitta.   At the owners meetings he said the low buck teams have the setups to run at shitty tracks for some cash on weekends, The major pro teams would not even think of running on without major pre paid bank deposit first.

Edited by hwytohell

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well at least the truck race is this evening...those Xfinity drivers are going to be miserable tomorrow...eeesshh.

Hot out isn't it? I hate this humidity. And it's going to get worst tomorrow and Sunday. They need more tech in those francecars, a/c.

2 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

Hot out isn't it? I hate this humidity. And it's going to get worst tomorrow and Sunday. They need more tech in those francecars, a/c.

Yeah this heat and humidity sucks and they just issued a heat warning for us for tomorrow. I think the drivers have those cool boxes that blow cold air into the top of their helmets but if that fails holy fuck.😱🤪😨

10 hours ago, DAVE said:

Pretty much.  Bring back some semblance of what you see at your local short track.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Temps upwards of 153 degrees in the Xfinity Cars during final practice which just ended.

You'd think that would be a safety issue. I know if I was driving around with temps of 153 I'd be going from the car to an ambulance.