Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29853350/nascar-driver-bubba-wallace-leaving-richard-petty-motorsports-season

NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace will be leaving Richard Petty Motorsports after the 2020 season, he announced on social media Thursday.

"This was not an easy decision as I have nothing but the utmost respect for Richard Petty and his family, but I believe it's time for someone else to take over the reins of the No. 43," Wallace said in a Twitter post.

"Thank you to the King and everyone at Richard Petty Motorsports for giving me the opportunity to start my Cup Series career. I've grown so much as a driver and as a person since joining them. We've got nine more races together, and I hope we can finish the 2020 season on a high note."

RPM said it will announce a new driver "in the near future."

Wallace has yet to win a Cup race during his three seasons driving for Petty. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29853350/nascar-driver-bubba-wallace-leaving-richard-petty-motorsports-season

NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace will be leaving Richard Petty Motorsports after the 2020 season, he announced on social media Thursday.

"This was not an easy decision as I have nothing but the utmost respect for Richard Petty and his family, but I believe it's time for someone else to take over the reins of the No. 43," Wallace said in a Twitter post.

"Thank you to the King and everyone at Richard Petty Motorsports for giving me the opportunity to start my Cup Series career. I've grown so much as a driver and as a person since joining them. We've got nine more races together, and I hope we can finish the 2020 season on a high note."

RPM said it will announce a new driver "in the near future."

Wallace has yet to win a Cup race during his three seasons driving for Petty. 

Sounds like Bubba has a bunch of sponsor dollars in his back pocket...rumors are that he is heading to Ganassi and driving the 42 next year.

in 3 seasons the kids got less than 25 laps led and 10 top 10's.  And because he's black he's the second coming of christ that sponsors and teams are fighting over.  SMH

FTR he may turn out to be much better than Danica but whats going on around him is very much like her arrival to cup. 

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

in 3 seasons the kids got less than 25 laps led and 10 top 10's.  And because he's black he's the second coming of christ that sponsors and teams are fighting over.  SMH

FTR he may turn out to be much better than Danica but whats going on around him is very much like her arrival to cup. 

At least Wallace won in the truck series and to be fair RPM is a low to mid pack team at this point.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

At least Wallace won in the truck series and to be fair RPM is a low to mid pack team at this point.

Danika won an Indy car race, and I believe it was the Inaugural race in Japan to boot..She's a good driver, watched her race in person quite a few times

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Danika won an Indy car race, and I believe it was the Inaugural race in Japan to boot..She's a good driver, watched her race in person quite a few times

I’ve always thought she was a good driver...Marco Andretti has 2 wins in 15 seasons and I rarely hear any criticism of his driving ability.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’ve always thought she was a good driver...Marco Andretti has 2 wins in 15 seasons and I rarely hear any criticism of his driving ability.

I'm a big Marco fan, although he sucks.. haha,..I feel I have to root for him, was such a fan of Mario, Nigel Mansel, Senna, Schumacher..those are the guys that I watched as a kid and got me into racing..Love the open wheel racing,..so precise

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm a big Marco fan, although he sucks.. haha,..I feel I have to root for him, was such a fan of Mario, Nigel Mansel, Senna, Schumacher..those are the guys that I watched as a kid and got me into racing..Love the open wheel racing,..so precise

A lot of pressure comes with that last name but he seems to handle it well and I started watching racing when I was a kid because of open wheel as well...The Indy 500 was the bomb...Foyt, Rutherford, Johncock, Al and Bobby Unser...qualifying, bump day...good stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

compared to a bunch of male drivers who didn't get top flight seats she was shit and her results proved it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Exactly the same open wheel guys I watched growing up (Mario was getting old though). 

3 minutes ago, Legend said:

No big loss to the sport...I was watching a documentary about Patty Moise who was a Busch Series driver back in 80’s and 90’s and Wallace didn’t like it and he told people that he was going to wreck her and sure as shit he did on the first lap of a race.