Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

5 hours ago, ckf said:

No pissing matches in this thread, just good ole fun. I think most in this thread are adult enough to discuss the different drivers without someone heaving a chair, lol.

The two that jump out at me are Clint Bowyer and last weekends winner, Austin Dillion.  Has Bowyer even won a race since getting in Tony's car?  Dillion might have 2 or 3 wins, but they have all been won on strategy. I don't recall the 3 car being the class of the field with AD behind the wheel.  

I agree with both of those. 

I think Kyle Larson is very talented. I dont think he is a great Nascar racer. I think he is a balls to the wall type racer. Which is great and exciting to watch. But in Nascar you have to save your stuff for 2.5 hrs and turn it on the last 30 mins. Its shit racing, IMO. If I want to watch that stuff, Id watch endurance racing. Ricky Stinkhouse is another. Has talent, but not brains. 

IMO to be super successful in Nascar, besides being extremely well funded, you need great communication skills, and be able to do as you are told. 

Kyle Busch should have 12 cup championships by now. He's that fuckin talented. But he's a loose cannon. His late model team has always been top shelf, but there is many many top shelf late model teams. And many of those drivers are better than 75% or higher of the drivers in Nascar. But Kyle many times will whip up on those guys at their home tracks. 

Im not telling you guys not to watch Nascar. 

But if you want to see some fuckin great racing, go to a local track. The guys and girls there race with their hearts. And you will see some drivers that are good enough to be in the cup series. They just never will get that opportunity. 

Living in WI we have alot of top shelf dirt and asphalt racers. But there's plenty in MI, IL, MN, IA, etc. There's alot of good racers from down south that come up to the midwest to race the big $$$ shows. 

There's alot of good personalities too. One of the best characters right now is Stephen Nasse. He's talented. And when things go his way they call him Classy Nasse. When shit goes south they call him Nasty Nasse. He's got alot of fans and alot of people that hate his guts. But he's great for racing. 

4 minutes ago, Legend said:

But if you want to see some fuckin great racing, go to a local track. The guys and girls there race with their hearts. And you will see some drivers that are good enough to be in the cup series. They just never will get that opportunity. 

Living in WI we have alot of top shelf dirt and asphalt racers. But there's plenty in MI, IL, MN, IA, etc. There's alot of good racers from down south that come up to the midwest to race the big $$$ shows. 

There's alot of good personalities too. One of the best characters right now is Stephen Nasse. He's talented. And when things go his way they call him Classy Nasse. When shit goes south they call him Nasty Nasse. He's got alot of fans and alot of people that hate his guts. But he's great for racing. 

Agreed on the local stuff.  The best race of the weekend at NH when we used to go was the modified race. They were faster than the cup cars too.

Also agreed on KB. I think smoke could have had more wins and championships too if he didn't let his emotions take over.

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

Agreed on the local stuff.  The best race of the weekend at NH when we used to go was the modified race. They were faster than the cup cars too.

Also agreed on KB. I think smoke could have had more wins and championships too if he didn't let his emotions take over.

Cup cars are actually heavy slow tanks. Big motors and thats it. ARCA races here at Madison International speedway. They are slower than the entry level full-size V-8 cars. 350-400hp engines, factory frames, 8" tires, weigh 3000 lbs. 

The late models are 3 seconds a lap faster. And that on a 1/2 mile banked oval with lap times around 17 seconds. ARCA isn't even fun to watch. 

A late model would crush a cup car on any track. But cup cars are MUCH safer with all the crush zones and steel bodies. 

I bet those big block, big tire modifieds are fun as shit to watch in person. 

• Like 1

Wanna see a stupid fast car?  Sprint cars, World of Outlaws, 410s, etc. They are 900-1000hp and weigh 1200lbs. They are incredible! Watching those in person is like no other race. 

• Like 3

On 7/15/2020 at 8:27 PM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Haha...yeah he got him good.

I'm sure he gained a lot of fans last Wednesday, now he just needs to learn how to drive. It wouldn't hurt if he'd tone down the religious shit too, dude must have a lot of guilt or something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Legend said:

Plenty of us head south/east/west for the big money shows too.

Just depends on how the sanctioning body rules fall.

58 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Elliot, DiBenedetto, Bowyer

I think the green flag is around 7:30 tonight. Picks will probably need to be in by 7.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, ckf said:

I think the green flag is around 7:30 tonight. Picks will probably need to be in by 7.

Perfect...plenty of time for me to change my picks 8 or 9 times! 🤣

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Perfect...plenty of time for me to change my picks 8 or 9 times! 🤣

:lol:

It's just a crap shoot without seeing any practice or qualifying times. I think I heard that they will not be practicing or qualifying for the remainder of the 2020 season.  It should make for a few interesting laps when they take the green at the Daytona road course for the 1st time. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ckf said:

:lol:

It's just a crap shoot without seeing any practice or qualifying times. I think I heard that they will not be practicing or qualifying for the remainder of the 2020 season.  It should make for a few interesting laps when they take the green at the Daytona road course for the 1st time. 

That should be entertaining!! 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That should be entertaining!! 🤣🤣

Just like the first lap of an F1 race. Turn one will be interesting, lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ckf said:

Harvick, Blaney and Hamlin for me. 

I also picked Blaney, Bowman and Elliott for @steve from amherst in case he doesn't get there before they lock the picks around 7.

Going way out on a limb with those picks eh?

Elliot, Reddick, Truex

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Going way out on a limb with those picks eh?

Elliot, Reddick, Truex

I can't catch a break this year. So....go big or go home.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

damn

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Hard hit for sure. The soft walls have made a big difference.

You could tell that Burton and Jr. knew it was bad and then Preece came on the radio and said “fantastic” and the relief was evident. 

• Like 1

Hard hit for sure.

I see CKF’s cherry picks paid off.

Jimmy took a beatin’.

Chinagirl dropped out of the top ten, now in 15th.

I was happy with my 29th for the Sawmill Team , now up to 41st.

My Luckydog Team got whipped On scoring a whole 19 points. Biggest loser for the week. Note to self: never pick Buescher and Dibennidetto in the same race. 

• Haha 3