Check your account email address ×

*****Official F7BENS NASCAR 2023 Thread*****

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, small-bore said:

I thought Larson had that race in the bag.

He did for sure. Then that long green flag run.......

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Elliot had damage, then blew the motor when the trans popped out of gear.

I had Kurt too.

Not a good pool day.......:lol:

My picks are just brutal this year, even more than previous years.

Same here...Larson didn’t win but he scored a lot of points..Elliot already covered and C. Bell in the 20’s.

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

WTH happened at Stewart Haas?

Right now their best car is Cole Custer in 16th.

Harvick has been off since the start of the year. He's 7th in point as of last week but today is going to hurt.

Custer, Amirola and Briscoe are all down in the 20's.

SHR lost their advantage this year when NASCAR started using templates in an area that they used to measure with a laser. I think they said it was around the rear wheel well. Now they are searching for ballance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

SHR lost their advantage this year when NASCAR started using templates in an area that they used to measure with a laser. I think they said it was around the rear wheel well. Now they are searching for ballance.

Interesting...I was listening to the Nascar station on Sirius a few weeks back and they were talking about how things had been cleaned up and it’s why we are seeing more parity so far this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Interesting...I was listening to the Nascar station on Sirius a few weeks back and they were talking about how things had been cleaned up and it’s why we are seeing more parity so far this season. 

That and the big teams aren’t spending the bucks on R&D on this years cars with a new car coming next year. Next year everything back to normal.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sael said:

That and the big teams aren’t spending the bucks on R&D on this years cars with a new car coming next year. Next year everything back to normal.

Great point.👍🏼

On 3/21/2021 at 7:00 PM, Blackstar said:

Elliot had damage, then blew the motor when the trans popped out of gear.

I had Kurt too.

Not a good pool day.......:lol:

My picks are just brutal this year, even more than previous years.

Umm you are in second place right behind me hunnie🤪🙋🏼‍♀️

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Should be an interesting weekend in Bristol. Larson to the back no matter how he runs in the hears due to an engine change.

Absolutely and they are having some issues with the track...need Smoke down there to straighten shit out and get it prepped the right way. 👊🏻

@racinfarmer So Austin Dillon won the 604 Crate Feature and a lot of the FB jackals are ripping him for racing in that class and not the the Super Late Models...can you explain the differences?

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Absolutely and they are having some issues with the track...need Smoke down there to straighten shit out and get it prepped the right way. 👊🏻

@racinfarmer So Austin Dillon won the 604 Crate Feature and a lot of the FB jackals are ripping him for racing in that class and not the the Super Late Models...can you explain the differences?

604 Lates are one of the many forms of "budget" late models utilizing a crate motor that is "off the shelf" while a super is kinda "wide open" on the engine rules.  

We don't have 604's around here really, but I'm going to guess the intent is to use up used late models with $10k crate motors and like all the budget classes, it is so out of control it isn't a budget class if you want to win.  Used cars, crate motors, used parts have probably turned into new rollers, dyno'ing 3-4-5 crate motors and keeping the best 2, etc.

Supers, I could easily have $100k+ into one starting from scratch if I wanted to go race WoO or LOLMS and stand a chance of being competitive.  Probably $125k+.  

Given his previous dirt experience, he is probably getting ripped for that alone.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SnogirlDi said:

Umm you are in second place right behind me hunnie🤪🙋🏼‍♀️

I don't really count that team. Its not my main focus. Sawmill is the team I put my thought and research in to, planning who I use at different tracks and future tracks, usually spend a half hour to make a decision. Easy Pickin', as its name implies, is the team I pick at random. I often pick those in 5 seconds. The easy picking method is kicking the shit out my calculated picks.......lol

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, small-bore said:

Race was just cancelled. It's on tomorrow at 8 pm.

Yep..sucks for all those trucks trying to race their way in.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Trying to run heat races for the trucks and the track is a muddy mess...red flag and it’s raining again. 

AB02ED91-121A-419C-9DC0-7D7C61A63524.thumb.jpeg.ac48311bc5b402a6c05a89a4940fadc5.jpeg

• Confused 1

The dog, cat, and a couple friends and I discussed NASCAR on dirt for a while in the shop last night.  Beer was involved.

The following is what we came up with:

Issue the first - NASCAR really has to commit to making dirt races a long term thing, not a year or two novelty.  No one is going to work too hard at a dirt specific car and set-up if the race may not happen again in a year or two.

Issue the second - NASCAR needs to knock the windows out of those things and make the driver's learn how to use tear-offs.

Issue the third - NASCAR needs to work with a few dirt car builders on making a dirt track specific car and rules package (see issue the first).  Make it interesting to watch.  Get those pigs hiked up and sideways like a mod or a late model going through the corners.

Issue the fourth - Limit the races to say 100 laps. 

Issue the fifth - remove the pit stops from the dirt races.  Run 30 laps, mandatory pit stop.  Make it "affordable" as it can be, especially for the trucks and Nationwide teams.  What you do during the pit stop is up to you, but the track can be watered and maybe worked a bit.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 2