Check your account email address ×

15% global tax pitched by Biden

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, jtssrx said:

While I strongly disagree with this its important to understand what this is.   Its not a 15% tax on top of current fed, state and local its just an agreement between nations to not let corp taxes in their own country drop below 15%.  Its really just propaganda as it doesn't take into account so many other things such as regulations and subsidies.  

I do think a global tax on top of your own taxes is coming.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

While I strongly disagree with this its important to understand what this is.   Its not a 15% tax on top of current fed, state and local its just an agreement between nations to not let corp taxes in their own country drop below 15%.  Its really just propaganda as it doesn't take into account so many other things such as regulations and subsidies.  

I do think a global tax on top of your own taxes is coming.   

This is a slippery slope as the US really has nothing to gain by accepting any "global" agreement regarding taxes IMO.

• Like 1

The corporate tax rate in the G7 countries is probably all over 15% anyways.  That won't keep other countries from doing whatever they want with the corporate tax rate.

It just boggles my mind how liberals cried about the corporate inversions that companies were doing to move their HQ to a lower tax country.  Then when Trump lowered the rate to be competitive on the world scale and remove their incentive the liberals complained corporations weren't paying their fair share, whatever that means.

Tax reform, and specifically the corporate income tax reduction, was Trump's best achievement while in office.  Restructuring the corporate tax code so companies actually pay the rate is the next step.