11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

fil.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

:news:

Was all ok then eh MC?

https://dailycaller.com/2017/07/13/the-democrats-obstructionism-needs-to-stop/

Senate Democrats are obstructing and delaying President Trump’s nominees on an unprecedented scale, merely to score political points with their increasingly liberal base.

Last month, President Trump claimed that the confirmation process for his cabinet had been “record-setting long — and I mean record-setting long — with some of the finest people in our country being delayed and delayed and delayed.”  Trump’s cabinet nominees were pending with the Senate for 25 days, on average, compared to zero to two days, on average, for the last three presidents.  Fourteen of them went through the cloture process, compared to just seven of President Obama’s cabinet nominees during his entire tenure.  Even the Washington Post recognized that Trump has “faced unusually sustained opposition for a new president” and gave his claim a rare Geppetto Checkmark, reserved for claims that are “surprisingly correct.”

As President, Trump’s greatest accomplishment to date has been keeping his promise to voters to nominate a Supreme Court justice in the mold of Justice Scalia by nominating Neil Gorsuch with unprecedented transparency.  Despite Gorsuch’s qualifications and reputation, Democrats obstructed his nomination for mere political purposes.  They baselessly attacked his character and misrepresented his extensive judicial record to play politics. 

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was forced to invoke the so-called nuclear option for now-Justice Gorsuch to receive an up-or-down vote from the Senate.  Since his confirmation, Justice Gorsuch has proven to be exactly the kind of justice a true review of his record predicted, one with immense respect for the rule of law and the text of statutes and regulations.

The success of the Gorsuch nomination and confirmation has not stopped Democrats from trying to replay and expand their obstruction of nearly every subsequent judicial and agency nominee President Trump has named. 

Here’s how it goes: President Trump nominates an exceptionally well-qualified and well-respected person to a position in his administration or the federal judiciary.  Senate Democrats delay the nomination as much as possible.  Democrats and the left attack the person’s character, portray mainstream conservative views as radical and un-American, and misrepresent his or her record in an attempt to score political points.  Senate Republicans, recognizing the nominee’s stellar qualifications, support the nominee and finally confirm him or her after Senate Democrats have exhausted all of their procedural delay tactics.  Once confirmed, the nominee proves to be an excellent public servant who upholds the Constitution.

As proof of these tactics, the White House provided some disturbing statistics on Monday to illustrate how Senate Democrats are following through with their promise to “obstruct the will of the American people and the President’s agenda” by delaying and opposing qualified nominees.  Only 48 of 197 agency nominees, and only 2 of 23 judicial nominees, have thus far been confirmed.  Only 10 percent of President Trump’s nominees have been confirmed by voice vote, compared to more than 90 percent of President Obama’s nominees at this point in his first term.  Senate Republicans have had to invoke cloture, with its accompanying delays, 30 times compared to 8 times for President Obama’s nominees.

No Democratic senator has returned a blue slip, a Senate tradition allowing senators to give approval for a judicial nominee from their state to move forward, for any of President Trump’s judicial nominees.  Michigan Supreme Court Justice Joan Larsen was nominated to the Sixth Circuit back on May 8.  Michigan voters re-elected Justice Larsen with 57 percent of the vote in 2016, and she is widely respected.  Yet Michigan has two Democrat senators, and her nomination may be delayed so that they can toe the party line laid down by Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

Only three of Trump’s nominee’s to the U.S. Department of Justice have been confirmed.  Rachel Brand was confirmed as Associate Attorney General after three and a half months, despite concerted efforts to find “dirt” on her. In the end, all the Democrats could find to disparage her was that she was a conservative woman.  If Senate Republicans delayed the nomination of a universally praised woman nominated by a Democrat President to a high position for so long, hang-wringing and allegations of misogyny would have been all over the mainstream news and on social media. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It’s like working with 3 year olds.

Yes your absolutely correct talking to a liberal is like dealing with a 3 year old. Lets start with basic comprehension you measure out at grade 2.9 so your just below average. Good job 

59 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s like working with 3 year olds.

How about you start being honest. EVERY politician in this country knows how to play the game to their advantage. Maybe you need to poke yourself in both eyes with that finger you so readily point at others...........

8 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

How about you start being honest. EVERY politician in this country knows how to play the game to their advantage. Maybe you need to poke yourself in both eyes with that finger you so readily point at others...........

He has no idea what you mean.

27 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He has no idea what you mean.

as I stated before…imagine sitting around your companies meeting and always saying no to every idea ever.

There you have the Republican Party.

2 great examples above who are clueless Republican idiots. Illegal aliens are smarter.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

as I stated before…imagine sitting around your companies meeting and always saying no to every idea ever.

2 great examples above who are clueless Republican idiots. Illegal aliens are smarter.

People who constantly bring up dumb ideas  do not sit on corporate boards for long.  They usually end up in the Dem party somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah. Your idea of working with someone (bipartisan) is stating your ideas, letting the other party know that if you don't agree with said ideas "too bad" then stating the other party isn't willing to come together in a bipartisan manner. And I'm the clueless one?

52 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Yeah. Your idea of working with someone (bipartisan) is stating your ideas, letting the other party know that if you don't agree with said ideas "too bad" then stating the other party isn't willing to come together in a bipartisan manner. And I'm the clueless one?

Do you even see a pattern here with the republicans? The thread topic went over your head.

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Do you even see a pattern here with the republicans? The thread topic went over your head.

Best troll on the site.

I got to give you credit. You really have to be thought of as an idiot in order to get people to believe your horse shit.

You throw out word salad to stir the masses. I usually own you in one way or another, then you start a new thread. Basically you are following Rider's act of moving the needle....

The perfect troll.... :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

So fill us all in on what the democrats went along with for the last 4 yrs and did not stomp there feet and refuse to negotiate? Waiting on that list . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Do you see a pattern with the democrats ? Or is it diff when they do the exact same thing every fucking time ? 

Just go eat some lead your family has suffered enough 

On 5/26/2021 at 6:16 PM, Mainecat said:

Take a look at how the democrats deal with Supreme Count picks.. :lol:

Find me 10 democrats who voted yes for a Trump nominee for any position. Good example of how dumb republicans are; give dems the people they want, but the dems... well you know.

Party of no. Are you really that naive old man?

Jeez, they event went on snd on about his handshake style for weeks , and then the ‘two scoops of ice cream for weeks”

Fucking clowns 🤡 Seriously. 

On 5/26/2021 at 7:47 PM, Snake said:

Best troll on the site.

I got to give you credit. You really have to be thought of as an idiot in order to get people to believe your horse shit.

You throw out word salad to stir the masses. I usually own you in one way or another, then you start a new thread. Basically you are following Rider's act of moving the needle....

The perfect troll.... :lol:

is my thread not true ole wise one? It’s a yes no simple question.

57 minutes ago, Snake said:

Take a look at how the democrats deal with Supreme Count picks.. :lol:

Find me 10 democrats who voted yes for a Trump nominee for any position. Good example of how dumb republicans are; give dems the people they want, but the dems... well you know.

Party of no. Are you really that naive old man?

Apples oranges box boy