Check your account email address ×

How should a country respond to being attacked? Keep it proportional?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Considering how many rockets Hamas is launching at Israel what is a proportional response?   They've launched over 1000.

IMHO how it should be handled.

It's a fucked up situation over there and has been for decades, not sure Israel didn't start it by their actions, rocket attacks weren't the appropriate response, it's all they have I guess.  I guess if you start a fight and you have more power, in this case Israel you can do what you want to retaliate.

5 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

It's a fucked up situation over there and has been for decades, not sure Israel didn't start it by their actions, rocket attacks weren't the appropriate response, it's all they have I guess.  I guess if you start a fight and you have more power, in this case Israel you can do what you want to retaliate.

No doubt its a mess.   What actions are you referring too?

Edited by Highmark

48 minutes ago, Highmark said:

No doubt its a mess.   What actions are you referring too?

Apparently they went into a Mosque and are evicting people from their homes, expanding beyond where they are supposed to, that is nothing new.

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Apparently they went into a Mosque and are evicting people from their homes, expanding beyond where they are supposed to, that is nothing new.

Hadn't heard that and not really seeing it in the "news." 

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Hadn't heard that and not really seeing it in the "news." 

The Mosque incident was during some Jewish celebration, and the eviction is of 9 families, the expansion  is just like a daily thing.

27 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The Mosque incident was during some Jewish celebration, and the eviction is of 9 families, the expansion  is just like a daily thing.

Pretty much a proxy conflict now. 

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yep, I put my money on Israel for the eventual win.

If history is telling I would agree.  Israel fights hard and smart. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

If history is telling I would agree.  Israel fights hard and smart. 

Yes they do. They want to win first and worry about collateral damage somewhere down the list.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Yes they do. They want to win first and worry about collateral damage somewhere down the list.

Its tough enough avoiding collateral damage in war then you have Muslim groups/countries that intentionally put their people in harms way by placing military assets in or near things like schools and hospitals.   No other civilized nations do it like that.  

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its tough enough avoiding collateral damage in war then you have Muslim groups/countries that intentionally put their people in harms way by placing military assets in or near things like schools and hospitals.   No other civilized nations do it like that.  

It is tough, difference with them is they don't let it stand in their way like the US would most of the time.

7 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

It is tough, difference with them is they don't let it stand in their way like the US would most of the time.

You sure are doing a lot of dancing around rationalizing with what the Palestinians are doing.

17 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Why would they?   Its not like the 1050+ Hamas rockets have specific Israeli military targets.  In fact its much more common for Muslim countries to intentionally attack civilians....even their own people.   

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Why would they?   Its not like the 1050+ Hamas rockets have specific Israeli military targets.  In fact its much more common for Muslim countries to intentionally attack civilians....even their own people.   

That was my point they don't, they worry about winning first and foremost.

11 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You sure are doing a lot of dancing around rationalizing with what the Palestinians are doing.

No I simply understand that when you get pushed off land that you believe is yours you fight back.  

Just because I'm bigger than you are you okay with me taking your house?

46 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

The what now?

Gary Johnson: What is Aleppo? - YouTube

Well the queensbury rules in the middle east seems to be when it comes to armed opponents who are much weaker than you just bomb them until they are dead or a refugee in some other country.  Lord knows if the Palestinians had the weapons to drive the Jews into the sea they would have already done it. 

27 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I kind of like that about them.   if you harbor/protect the people trying to kill the israelis then you might just die yourself.   We worry about the optics and get more of ours killed.   

8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

No I simply understand that when you get pushed off land that you believe is yours you fight back.  

Just because I'm bigger than you are you okay with me taking your house?

it was the jews land first :news:  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

I kind of like that about them.   if you harbor/protect the people trying to kill the israelis then you might just die yourself.   We worry about the optics and get more of ours killed.   

it was the jews land first :news:  

They don't fuck around, they do what they need to to win.

So then we should give back the land to the Native Americans

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

They don't fuck around, they do what they need to to win.

So then we should give back the land to the Native Americans

if the Palestinians want to try to start a fight they might not want to do so with a country whose existence is because of people attempting to exterminate them.  If they integrate into society they have one of the best standards of living in the world but they would rather be little bitches and try to engage a superior "enemy"  thats fucking stupid and Israel needs to do the world a favor and wipe them out.  

Why would we give the indians any land back.  to the victor goes the spoils including the right to write the history.    

Well none of us have ever been to Israel but for people who have the Israelis who settled in Palestine after being hunted by the Nazis have themselves become the Nazis. Listen to how unapologetic these people are for what they do and what they want to do all while still acting like victims themselves. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well none of us have ever been to Israel but for people who have the Israelis who settled in Palestine after being hunted by the Nazis have themselves become the Nazis. Listen to how unapologetic these people are for what they do and what they want to do all while still acting like victims themselves. 

My mom liked Israel when she went there.    I've got no desire to go there but have no issue from them destroying domestic terrorist anymore than I'd have an issue with them gunning them down here.