Check your account email address ×

Housing bubble?

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Absolutely, I’ll gladly drive a hour on local highways with zero traffic to have more land, less people, less noise, lower cost of living. I wake up sit on my deck I don’t here shit but nature and I hope it stays that way. I guess some people probably hate driving 20mins to get gas and groceries but worth it to me.

No, no ! Cone on man ! It’s horrible. Sucks bad. No one in their right mind would like it where you are. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Did some work for a dude in Westford a few weeks back. House was 2800 sq ft . Very dated , needed damn near everything . Said it was listed at $950,00 . Realtor told him it will sell for $50,000 over asking.

😝 crazy

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

last thing i am doing is spending an hour in a car and living in the sticks.   i like my 10 min drive to work.  might be 10 cars on a busy day at the toll booth heading back and forth.  

Different strokes for different folks. I like a long ride gives me time to wake up in the am, listen to some tunes and the talk shows. It's basically my relaxing time between screaming kids at home and crying people at work lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

last thing i am doing is spending an hour in a car and living in the sticks.   i like my 10 min drive to work.  might be 10 cars on a busy day at the toll booth heading back and forth.  

I sold my 5 acre place in the woods. Sick of the upkeep. It was fine when I was younger. The older i got the more I wanted out. Bought a place that was 4 blocks from work. Super quiet neighborhood with easy upkeep. Spending an hour on the road battling snow and ice got old. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I sold my 5 acre place in the woods. Sick of the upkeep. It was fine when I was younger. The older i got the more I wanted out. Bought a place that was 4 blocks from work. Super quiet neighborhood with easy upkeep. Spending an hour on the road battling snow and ice got old. 

Geez, you sound like you're 85.

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Qualifying for debt is not like that now so far less concern.  

But the houses are not worth what people are paying.  Especially new construction that shit is just sad . Zero value in any of them currently selling for 600k . Total junk .

And again the apprasers are out there just putting down what ever it takes to get the deal closed . 

12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

But the houses are not worth what people are paying.  Especially new construction that shit is just sad . Zero value in any of them currently selling for 600k . Total junk .

And again the apprasers are out there just putting down what ever it takes to get the deal closed . 

market determines value

and appraisers are not just bumping values,  we have more low appraisals than i ever have seen.  2 out of 4 the last few days that came in were light.  1 the seller came down,  another the buyer just paid the difference.  

On 5/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, CFM said:

Old medium sized 140-160k not so nice Chalet down the street listed for 280k. Swarms of out of state plates showed for open house. Was crazy actually. 

I’m in a resort area. Mostly 1/4 acre lots. Some 1/2 acre. The chalets are 3 season. 

Marina’s been sold out for 2 seasons now.

Most likely Scary times ahead.

Moultonboro??? It sounds like those big CHALET type developments there. I can't remember the names. 

I have a major dilemma. Big place, family owned for 106 years, I'm getting older, getting tired of all the maintainance. Do not feel the younger family members can or will maintain it. Hate to sell it, but also wouldn't mind if I got a block-buster offer. 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I have a major dilemma. Big place, family owned for 106 years, I'm getting older, getting tired of all the maintainance. Do not feel the younger family members can or will maintain it. Hate to sell it, but also wouldn't mind if I got a block-buster offer. 

Panama!!!  Sell and sell now.

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'll be moving in rent free.

55 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'll be moving in rent free.

You'll be getting your junk-yard ass kicked rent free. That's the only thing you're getting rent-free around here. 

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You'll be getting your junk-yard ass kicked rent free. That's the only thing you're getting rent-free around here. 

I'll build you a mother-in-law shack in the back by the dog food piles.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'll build you a mother-in-law shack in the back by the dog food piles.

I'm already in an in-law shack, don't bother.  :bigfinger:   

11 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Sell it to family and use the money to live out your dreams in Provincetown 

3 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

You're in a damn old folks home!

I could be!!

And I could be a broke-ass, old, fat, smelly-wearin' moose pajamas, who has to take another piss, which will probably sprinkle on my PJs, which will make them smell even more!!

Yeah, how bou dat???   

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

I could be!!

And I could be a broke-ass, old, fat, smelly-wearin' moose pajamas, who has to take another piss, which will probably sprinkle on my PJs, which will make them smell even more!!

Yeah, how bou dat???   

You could also be set up behind Sandy's Sandwich Shop.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Sell it to family and use the money to live out your dreams in Provincetown 

Wow, you're really knowledgeable about gay matters!!

Obviously, you've toked a meat-stick or two, in your days.    :hay:

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Wow, you're really knowledgeable about gay matters!!

Obviously, you've toked a meat-stick or two, in your days.    :hay:

I see you know the place so how much is your dream condo in Provincetown