Check your account email address ×

America’s shit food supply finally catching up to millennials.

43 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The main offender in the American food supply is hydrogenated vegetable oil. It’s in 90% of the dressings and processed foods. Try to buy something without it.

Millennials tend to be more health-conscious – half of the demographic believes they eat healthier than the average, according to Mintel’s survey. Over 60% of millennials surveyed think their generation is more focused on health than any other generation.

But instead of focusing just on low-fat or low-calorie products, this generation has a holistic view toward health, Bloom said. They tend to favor foods with fewer artificial ingredients and that are less processed. “It's OK for something to have fat. It just needs to be kind of whole ingredients,” she said.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/08/26/millennial-eating-decisions-healthy-convenience-social-elements/2072794001/

:pc:

Edited by racer254

• Gold Member
47 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

The main offender in the American food supply is hydrogenated vegetable oil. It’s in 90% of the dressings and processed foods. Try to buy something without it.

Interesting, but I think the biggest factor is the over eating and drinking Americans do. Look at a serving size of coke it’s 8oz you go to a drive through and get a large what’s it probably 30oz. Then add that to the meal that’s way too much. You ever try to eat a 2k calorie diet it’s not much food at all. My wife eats 1600 a day I see how little food it is. You see it when you travel to other countries too portions are tiny compared to what we get here even the “large” drink there is pretty much a small here.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Eating healthy is like anything else related to health...it takes commitment, self education and determination.  Healthy foods and eating are out there...and mostly in plain sight.  Excuses are easier though...and blaming others is the easiest.  Trust me, I'm absolutely no poster boy for healthy eating but, I know what and how much I do or don't need to take in.  Some just don't care.....these people are becoming a bigger tax on society every day.  

Why allow that shit in the food supply? Profit and the food company’s influence in politics is the reason. When an ingredient as dangerous as HVO is proliferating the food supply it’s going to create tremendous costs for a society. Everyone is going to pay a price for declining health among Americans. 

16 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Interesting, but I think the biggest factor is the over eating and drinking Americans do. Look at a serving size of coke it’s 8oz you go to a drive through and get a large what’s it probably 30oz. Then add that to the meal that’s way too much. You ever try to eat a 2k calorie diet it’s not much food at all. My wife eats 1600 a day I see how little food it is. You see it when you travel to other countries too portions are tiny compared to what we get here even the “large” drink there is pretty much a small here.

Ever see a plant that produces HVO? Looks like an oil refinery. It immediately begins to oxidize and calcifies arterial walls when it’s consumed. Creates massive inflammation of tissues which creates tons of health issues downstream. The restaurant business uses tons of it because its super cheap. It’s in almost every processed food. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ever see a plant that produces HVO? Looks like an oil refinery. It immediately begins to oxidize and calcifies arterial walls when it’s consumed. Creates massive inflammation of tissues which creates tons of health issues downstream. The restaurant business uses tons of it because its super cheap. It’s in almost every processed food. 

So basically everything we eat in America’s is killing us and making us fat. 

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

So basically everything we eat in America’s is killing us and making us fat. 

Yes, and everyone should watch what they eat and try to eat healthy, but now that we have government health care, the cost of HC to the individual is no longer a proponent to eating healthy.   

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Yes, and everyone should watch what they eat and try to eat healthy, but now that we have government health care, the cost of HC to the individual is no longer a proponent to eating healthy.   

Well being a unhealthy millennial I did the right thing for lunch and got a Dave’s double. 

D52C01D5-47E7-4B50-9E3C-1590B7647D40.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Why allow that shit in the food supply? Profit and the food company’s influence in politics is the reason. When an ingredient as dangerous as HVO is proliferating the food supply it’s going to create tremendous costs for a society. Everyone is going to pay a price for declining health poor life choices among Americans. 

Well, profit is needed and to make profit, food needs to be able to be shipped and stored maintaining freshness.  Don't get me wrong, I do my best to try and eat healthy also and don't pretend everything on the shelves has my best health interest in mind.  It's called being informed.  And I agree with the corrected last part.  It sure does appear that blaming e everyone but one's own self is an easy train to jump on.

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

Well being a unhealthy millennial I did the right thing for lunch and got a Dave’s double. 

D52C01D5-47E7-4B50-9E3C-1590B7647D40.jpeg

Man, their baconator triple is the BOMB! ...but, I can only justify a once a month eating of that.  Wait, if I eat one everyday for dinner and blow up my arteries, can I blame you?  Or everyone else?  

• Like 1

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, profit is needed and to make profit, food needs to be able to be shipped and stored maintaining freshness.  Don't get me wrong, I do my best to try and eat healthy also and don't pretend everything on the shelves has my best health interest in mind.  It's called being informed.  And I agree with the corrected last part.  It sure does appear that blaming e everyone but one's own self is an easy train to jump on.

Man, their baconator triple is the BOMB! ...but, I can only justify a once a month eating of that.  Wait, if I eat one everyday for dinner and blow up my arteries, can I blame you?  Or everyone else?  

blame whoever you want it’s the American way. 😉 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

blame whoever you want it’s the American way. 😉 

IT IS!!!!  IT REALLY IS!!!!!  No consequences for actions!!!  No peace, no justice!!!!!  I'm fat and it's your fault!!!!

YAAAAhhhhhhhOOOOOOEOeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Patricks Wee GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

It's hard to convince everyone that they are the victim.

Getting easier every day. Dems have found a solid path to get people to shake that pesky personal responsibility monkey off their back.  Eazy Peazy!

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Hey, i didn,t kill the guy in supersize me, but it did come close. For only a little bit more, supersize !

Partially hydrogenated vegetable oils have been in the American diet since 1900. More than 50 years ago they were found to contain trans fatty acids that were different from natural fatty acids in plant oils and in animal fat. There was growing evidence that the consumption of trans fats have negative health effects, including increasing plasma lipid levels. In 2003, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruled that the amount of trans fat in a food item must be stated on the label after January 1, 2006; food items could be labeled 0% trans if they contain less than 0.5g/serving. Since the initial ruling, it is now known that the fatty acids in partially hydrogenated vegetable oil are 14 cis and trans isomers of octadecenoic and octadecadienoic acids that are formed during hydrogenation. They cause inflammation and calcification of arterial cells: known risk factors for coronary heart disease (CHD). They inhibit cyclooxygenase, an enzyme required for the conversion of arachidonic acid to prostacyclin, necessary for the regulation of blood flow. There have been several reformulations of hydrogenated fat containing varying amounts of trans fatty acids and linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid that is converted to arachidonic acid. Epidemiological data suggest that when trans fat percentages go up and linoleic acid percentages go down, death rates rise; when trans goes down, death rates go down. In spite of the harmful effects of trans fats, the FDA allows it in the food supply as long as the amount in a food item is declared on the label. Trans fat should be banned from the food supply.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, racer254 said:

We have government healthcare...really? Are you calling the ACA “government healthcare” and also blaming it for people not eating healthy as if that’s a recent development...holy fuck you’re cracked.🤣🤣

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We have government healthcare...really? Are you calling the ACA “government healthcare” and also blaming it for people not eating healthy as if that’s a recent development...holy fuck you’re cracked.🤣🤣

The plight of the liberal is paved with unintended consequences

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Mmmmm....I love a buffet!  In fact, I won't eat Chinese food served any other way.  :lol: My wife hates buffets.  She doesn't want to eat food that a bunch of fat fucking ogres have hovered over.  She's a snob.  :lmao: 

I dont think I paid for dinner for my entire 20s . Gone are tge days of tge free bar happy hr buffet . Cattel company chi chi old Mexico back in the day I knew what every bar had on the free buffet line 3very day of tke week . 2 beers and the daily meal lol