Check your account email address ×

Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

21 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

The one about mountain sleds?  Yep, saw it. 

Like I said, if there is a design issue (or an issue with his sled in particular), pretty sure BRP will cover the belts and correct it. 

Perhaps you should review that Google search again..

On March 15, 2017 at 2:35 PM, Puzzleboy said:

My buddy has a new XCR.  I really like the sled.  Good power, great balance, decent suspension, brakes are probably the best I've ever used.  And I've had the chance to put some hard miles on it. 

But I don't care how old the ProRide is..... it still doesn't ride like an R-Motion.  And not just comfort, but bump absorption unsettling the machine at asshat speeds is not comparable, IMO.  JMO. 

Personally, I believe Polaris invented the ProRide because they lost the market.  I believe their office guys demanded something "revolutionary".  Doo took the market back in 2003 with arguably the biggest major sled configuration change in decades.  They reinvented themselves.  I believe Polaris will have to do something similar to get back to the Indy heyday.  But the Rush is not it.  Interesting piece of engineering, but a game changer it's not.  Especially when an R-Motion, which is attached to a normal tunnel, still works better.  Even the snowmobile press agrees. Maybe they have something in the works, who knows.  True engineering is good for all of us. 

I suppose I am mostly a Doo guy, but that new XCR is still a great snowmobile.  And riding it is a hoot. I love bashing as much as Kev, Reev, and the lot..... but I'll certainly give credit where it's due.  Polaris was caught sleeping in 2003, but they're certainly listening to their riders now. 

So I assume you didn't dail in the suspension to your weight?....you basically jumped on his sled and beat the shit out of it then came up with this excellent review, your buddy must be a great guy...or sucker...

Let's just pretend you are like 100lbs heavier than your buddy, or maybe 104 lbs, just guessing.......Maybe next time, which I doubt there will be, you can dail it in correctly before stating the R Motion is superior for which it is not.....

The Puzzle Vortex is an amazing thing.....

Wasn't talking about spring preload, and it never bottomed it out once.  Was talking about ride, comfort, etc..  And it had tonnes of preload So preload was not an issue.  :)  But I think the owner was quite thankful, as I offered up my sled with it's handguards to try to warm up the owner's hands.  In fact, I think it was offered up for the entire ride. 

Great sled,  but an R-Motion skid it is not.  For me, I found that it wasn't as comfortable or as planted at aggressive speeds. Even the press claims the same..... but hey, what do they know?  They just ride all the sleds back to back in the same terrain. I don't always agree with them, either.

And I STILL claimed it was just my opinion, in my opinion.  Do you Poo guys go into suicide lemming mode every time a magazine or show points out your favourite brand's shortcomings?  That's what a review is.  And I still claimed it was a great sled overall, yet I drink the yellow Kool-Aid.  With the best brakes I ever tried.  Doo gets knocked all the time (and disproportionately so on FS) ...... blowups, graphics, handling, clutching, weight, weak bulkheads, whatever.  I don't take it personally in the slightest, as I don't build them.  I just ride them.  If a sled has a legit issue, have at 'er.  All my Doos have had shortcomings; none were perfect.  Just decent all around, in my opinion.  My current sled could use more top end speed, less weight, and likely a host of other things.  But it does the job.  My 800s have always been good since 2001, and would love more top end speed.  I've never claimed "this sled has too much power, or is too fast".  But 90-95% of my riding is trail. 

If a particular brand doesn't fix their issues promptly with good customer satisfaction, they won't be a market contender for long. Any brand.  If Doo has an issue this year with 850s, I hope they get addressed.  Otherwise the market is ripe for the taking by someone else. 

You Poo faithful are touchy today..... maybe you can powder each others bums tonight.  Soothe that butthurt......

I know, second place sucks.... Doo was there for years. They engineered their way out of it. Polaris or anybody else is free to do the same. 

Now if we can just get our weak bulkheads fixed..... :)

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

So I assume you didn't dail in the suspension to your weight?....you basically jumped on his sled and beat the shit out of it then came up with this excellent review, your buddy must be a great guy...or sucker...

Let's just pretend you are like 100lbs heavier than your buddy, or maybe 104 lbs, just guessing.......Maybe next time, which I doubt there will be, you can dail it in correctly before stating the R Motion is superior for which it is not.....

Edited by Puzzleboy

15 hours ago, Poncho said:

sounds like i know who owned the xcr pussle got to ride 

You'd better let Tinker's dealer know. 

It's not a fix, it's a reinforcement available for guys who ride off trail, mountain, etc.  If it was a fix, they'd be retrofitting all sleds via an SB.  It's a brace that bolts to the existing bulkhead.  No different than a skidplate.  If some guys need it, great. 

Nobody has broken a bulkhead trail riding, unless they hit a tree or a boulder off trail.  :)

More and more 850 issues reporter.  Doo has update the bulkheads for 18 and there is a fix for the 17s. 

On March 16, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Wasn't talking about spring preload, and it never bottomed it out once.  Was talking about ride, comfort, etc..  And it had tonnes of preload So preload was not an issue.  :)  But I think the owner was quite thankful, as I offered up my sled with it's handguards to try to warm up the owner's hands.  In fact, I think it was offered up for the entire ride. 

Great sled,  but an R-Motion skid it is not.  For me, I found that it wasn't as comfortable or as planted at aggressive speeds. Even the press claims the same..... but hey, what do they know?  They just ride all the sleds back to back in the same terrain. I don't always agree with them, either.

And I STILL claimed it was just my opinion, in my opinion.  Do you Poo guys go into suicide lemming mode every time a magazine or show points out your favourite brand's shortcomings?  That's what a review is.  And I still claimed it was a great sled overall, yet I drink the yellow Kool-Aid.  With the best brakes I ever tried.  Doo gets knocked all the time (and disproportionately so on FS) ...... blowups, graphics, handling, clutching, weight, weak bulkheads, whatever.  I don't take it personally in the slightest, as I don't build them.  I just ride them.  If a sled has a legit issue, have at 'er.  All my Doos have had shortcomings; none were perfect.  Just decent all around, in my opinion.  My current sled could use more top end speed, less weight, and likely a host of other things.  But it does the job.  My 800s have always been good since 2001, and would love more top end speed.  I've never claimed "this sled has too much power, or is too fast".  But 90-95% of my riding is trail. 

If a particular brand doesn't fix their issues promptly with good customer satisfaction, they won't be a market contender for long. Any brand.  If Doo has an issue this year with 850s, I hope they get addressed.  Otherwise the market is ripe for the taking by someone else. 

You Poo faithful are touchy today..... maybe you can powder each others bums tonight.  Soothe that butthurt......

I know, second place sucks.... Doo was there for years. They engineered their way out of it. Polaris or anybody else is free to do the same. 

Now if we can just get our weak bulkheads fixed..... :)

By your reply we can all read....."I don't take it personally in the slightest"....lol.....major butt hurt....lol

• Like 1

Ummmmh..... no.  Was in response to the massive butthurt; the realization that a new Polaris might not be perfect, for every rider.  Unbelievable, I know.....

Like I said, I don't design or build 'em..... I just ride 'em.  No need for any butthurt where the machinery is concerned.  Just objectivity. 

So, how far did you get on the 5 gallons?  Hopefully that graduated dipstick was useful for signalling an Uber driver to get home...... :)

12 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Ummmmh..... no.  Was in response to the massive butthurt; the realization that a new Polaris might not be perfect, for every rider.  Unbelievable, I know.....

Like I said, I don't design or build 'em..... I just ride 'em.  No need for any butthurt where the machinery is concerned.  Just objectivity. 

So, how far did you get on the 5 gallons?  Hopefully that graduated dipstick was useful for signalling an Uber driver to get home...... :)

I will let you know on the return trip, so far 100 miles and I have about 1/4 tank left.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

What I can't figure is that member was praising the 850 when he got his hands on it , was thought it would be out last year . How did the 850 he tested before be so good to being so bad now . 

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

A 165" track..... no further explanation necessary. 

Since all manufacturer offer a 165+ length,  they should all be having these major belt issues??

Not the case.

• Like 1