Check your account email address ×

Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

Shhhhhhhhhh....... you're not allowed to post actual facts here. 

7 hours ago, Oggy said:

When the procross came out in 2012 what was the percentage of failures? I bet every unit built went back for some kind of warranty work.

Well, the guy blowing belts obviously has an alignment problem.  The dropped cylinder could be anything on a 5 year old sled.....

But hey, feed the animals here. :lmao:

7 hours ago, Pt3189 said:

Rode with a pair of 2013 800 etecs. One dropped a cylinder at 8000 km and the second one blew 2 belts in an afternoon. Both guys were headed to Cochrane on Wednesday. They are in scramble mode. 

• Like 1

Hey Puzzler, Doo talk does not allow anyone to state negative true facts on their site, that,s why you don,t read about all the 850 failures on there.

One dealer has 3 blown 850 engines in his shop. What are the odds of that happening ?

If I owned one of those, I would be pissed, big time.

I do drop in to our local doo dealer, and their shop is full of engine repair work as well.

There is a reason customers are not suppose to go into the shop, and it ain,t for your own safety.

38 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Puzzler, Doo talk does not allow anyone to state negative true facts on their site, that,s why you don,t read about all the 850 failures on there.

One dealer has 3 blown 850 engines in his shop. What are the odds of that happening ?

I do drop in to our local doo dealer, and their shop is full of engine repair work as well.

There is a reason customers are not suppose to go into the shop, and it ain,t for your own safety.

I have heard that many times as well, any negative/problems being talked about and they claim it's bashing and remove the post. 

Well then, why is there an entire thread titled "850 issues" that has the aforementioned pictures of broken cases, water pumps, etc.?  Still an active thread on there.  Or many other threads referencing unrelated issues? 

BRP does not own DooTalk, so can't imagine why DooTalk would give a shit.  It is not slanderous or libelous to report facts. 

Nonsense, Guido. 

15 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I also heard on the Internet that Stephen Harper was going to personally mail me a cheque for $36 after I filled out a survey.  Still waiting....

Or that guys wear helmets when snowblowing....... or that Trump is actually a descendent of a chimp.....

I have heard that many times as well, any negative/problems being talked about and they claim it's bashing and remove the post. 

Not sure what lube jackass is, or who makes it, but that failure is likely not from an oil pump failure.  Not that you can tell from that pic, anyway. 

Again with the dim-witted insults......

4 hours ago, Tinker said:

Meaning it looks like it went without lube jackass

Edited by Puzzleboy

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Not sure what lube jackass is, or who makes it, but that failure is likely not from an oil pump failure.  Not that you can tell from that pic, anyway. 

Again with the dim-witted insults......

Is there another type of insult you can understand?

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, irv said:

Irv, you can say stupid things on DOOTALK about Doo sleds or DT sponsors - (re Tekvests topic)

puzzleboy, on 23 Feb 2017 - 1:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Yeah, spreading out that "load" may cause more damage to several organs. The problem is, you don't understand what kind of forces we're talking about here. The decelleration is immense. Helmets aren't much better with extreme Gs.

Tekvests are great for the guy making money off of them.

A reply to the puzzler on DT

This is the most idiotic thing said on Doo talk in...well since existence, congrats on this, it will not be topped!   

LOL

• Like 1

So the guys are hitting rocks, and breaking their machines.  Is there a story there somewhere?  :lmao: A "rock" that moves one ski back 4" " is substantial.   They hit rocks or culverts..... shame on BRP!  Lol

Don't you think that if BRP (or any manufacturer for that matter) had an inherent design weakness, they would address it?  Why wouldn't they?  You won't stay the market leader for any product, for long if you don't fix design flaws.  The dealers might love it, but can't see why the manufacturer would. 

Guys hitting rocks and breaking bulkheads is not BRP's fault.  If it was, they would warranty it.  Like I said before, I've owned 3 XP/XR chassis now and run the piss out of them.  I even hit a deadhead with one ski in a swampy area a couple weeks ago hard enough that the hood flew off the sled. 

Haven't broken anything yet. 

Amazing how the Iron Dog Ski-Doos are holding up somehow!

Edited by Puzzleboy

Gotta love the TekVest kool-aid drinkers.  Some real Engineering candidates there.  Read the entire thread; no shortage of nonsense on there. 

I also suggested they stop hitting trees and impaling themselves on their handlebars.  :lmao: And nobody can produce test data results....... but lots o' Ricky Racers.

The guy who loves TekVest the most?  The guy selling them.  His campaign of "for those who have to come home after their ride" is genius.  Kudos to him.  Kinda like the old Michelin ads with the infant sitting in a Michelin.

4 hours ago, Thinksno said:

Irv, you can say stupid things on DOOTALK about Doo sleds or DT sponsors - (re Tekvests topic)

LOL

Edited by Puzzleboy

Apparently they can't handle a small cliff (100') either.  This was posted in the same thread. 

Insurance needs to stop paying out on these claims...... it would certainly help put an end to off trail dicks ruining organized snowmobiling.  Lol

100' cliff.jpg

They are suppose to be mountain sleds, so it,s just a matter of time before guys hit stuff. Interesting how the guys complaining about their crumpled up doos are also mentioning that their riding buddies on Polaris sleds are hitting the same stuff, with way less damage.

Looks to me like the doo boys were expecting a tougher built machine, and many are threatening to go back to Polaris, once again.

Mountain sleds are designed to hit rocks with a dead stop, interesting.  How many Gs do you think they're designing to?  :lmao:

So why aren't you posting up pics of damaged Polarii from the Polaris forum?  Oh, right, that wouldn't fit your narrative...... Lol

Poor Fuzzy...... so desperate to be relevant. 

9 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

They are suppose to be mountain sleds, so it,s just a matter of time before guys hit stuff. Interesting how the guys complaining about their crumpled up doos are also mentioning that their riding buddies on Polaris sleds are hitting the same stuff, with way less damage.

Looks to me like the doo boys were expecting a tougher built machine, and many are threatening to go back to Polaris, once again.

6 hours ago, Thinksno said:

LOL

:lol:I was just winding the puzzler up, Bob, and basically just saying the same shit he said about TY. 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

And to top it off, the Polaris sleds are even lighter, but much stronger, than the 850 doos.

Looks like doo struck out with the mountain riders. Lots of guys wanting to go back to Polaris.

And aren't those glued together too. Poor puzzler. :lol:

I guess we'll see that in the numbers, right?

On 2017-02-24 at 5:49 PM, Frostynuts said:

And to top it off, the Polaris sleds are even lighter, but much stronger, than the 850 doos.

Looks like doo struck out with the mountain riders. Lots of guys wanting to go back to Polaris.