Check your account email address ×

Slow down the shootings please

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Usually, when being asked for one, it is a legitimate request but, it does seem to be the “go to” first question for some old school LEO’s just fishing around.  In this case, I will not provide mine and neither should anybody else.

Oh, I agree.  If they are just asking for some form of identification, there is nothing that says you have to carry one. so they have zero reason.  Just pointing out what a good LE will probably do when stopped while driving as, DL, proof of insurance, and Regs are all required for that.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reality is LE should follow the law when its justifiable to ask for ID.   I do get the why as lots of people with warrants are found this way.   Not a big deal when the warrant is for something small but we want some criminals off the street.   Either case follow the law.....they must have probable cause to ask for an ID.   

41 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My brother was coming down Burnside Ave. in East Hartford last week, and some car came flying out of an apartment complex sideways right in front of him.  He hears this "pop...pop..pop...pop...pop".....looks over, and sees two jungle bunnies shooting at the car.  Just another day.  A day later, some guy showed up dead in a parking lot in the same town.  Fucked up.

20 years of watching First 48 and 90% of those murders involve drug deals or gangs in some manner or another. 

Easy to see what is behind all the Chicago shootings.  

https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/the-5-most-gang-infested-cities-in-america-334328/

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Reality is LE should follow the law when its justifiable to ask for ID.   I do get the why as lots of people with warrants are found this way.   Not a big deal when the warrant is for something small but we want some criminals off the street.   Either case follow the law.....they must have probable cause to ask for an ID.   

I comply with the police because it keeps me from getting a ticket. It’s not out of respect. I almost gag being nice to those arrogant fucks. But it’s one of the games I’m willing play. 

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I comply with the police because it keeps me from getting a ticket. It’s not out of respect. I almost gag being nice to those arrogant fucks. But it’s one of the games I’m willing play. 

Completely depends.   If they show me respect I show them respect.   They want to be a dick then I'll be a dick right back.  I'll take the ticket.  Only have had a couple that I thought were unprofessional and one that I filed a complaint against.  

14 hours ago, Crotch Lickmeoff said:

But I thought america didn't have a gun problem??? And don't give me the fucking bs that " guns don't kill people,  people kill people " . Cause guess what....they wouldn't kill someone with a hockey stick 

guns don't kill people.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Completely depends.   If they show me respect I show them respect.   They want to be a dick then I'll be a dick right back.  I'll take the ticket.  Only have had a couple that I thought were unprofessional and one that I filed a complaint against.  

If it’s something non-traffic related I’ll push back. I had a disagreement with a neighbor a few years back. The neighbor accused one of my dogs of doing something they couldn’t have done. The op came to my door to “question” me. I closed the door in his face. He called me from the car and I hung up on him. Never heard from him again. As for traffic stops, I kill em with kindness and jokes. Bastards. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If it’s something non-traffic related I’ll push back. I had a disagreement with a neighbor a few years back. The neighbor accused one of my dogs of doing something they couldn’t have done. The op came to my door to “question” me. I closed the door in his face. He called me from the car and I hung up on him. Never heard from him again. As for traffic stops, I kill em with kindness and jokes. Bastards. 

Most of the time on traffic stops I do the same.   One time in a rental the cop was being such a dick I didn't care anymore.   Started being a real prick right back and just took the ticket.   Hadn't had one in a while so I didn't give a shit.

I try and 100% show them the level of respect they show me.  Never know in a small town area when you might need that LEO (Sherriff) to respond quickly to your home.   Being a dick just because they are LE makes no sense to me.     

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Most of the time on traffic stops I do the same.   One time in a rental the cop was being such a dick I didn't care anymore.   Started being a real prick right back and just took the ticket.   Hadn't had one in a while so I didn't give a shit.

I try and 100% show them the level of respect they show me.  Never know in a small town area when you might need that LEO (Sherriff) to respond quickly to your home.   Being a dick just because they are LE makes no sense to me.     

Working with irrational people is my specialty. I typically don’t expect to get a lot of respect from personality disordered or disturbed individuals. 

7 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Don’t have that either. 

Can you honestly say all these cop shootings are justified and that theres not widespread corruption in law enforcement? I see and hear it all the time, from youtube vids local cops letting friends off with no dwi or tickets. I don't give 2 shits that they are killing some of these thugs but holy fuck is it necessary to shoot at them while they're running away? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Well if you want to technical, it’s the tissue trauma caused by the bullet. 

Human interaction is needed. Inanimate objects can't do anything. But you know this. You're just tired of catching sunfish. LOL

7 hours ago, Snake said:

I've seen a few of those type videos, one the guy was taking pics outside the police station of the fallen police officers memorial and other things. A sergeant comes out and asks for ID, the guy said he has broken no law and by the penal code requirements for stop and ID in that state you have to be lawfully arrested before you have to provide ID. They take him in the police station the sergeant comes out with the penal code book and reads what the penal code is, but he added words that are not written in the penal code. The guy askes to speak the sergeants chief or captain, they come out and uncuff him and send him on his way because the sergeant was 100% wrong on the penal code and for cuffing the guy for doing nothing wrong other than taking pics on and from public property, no laws broken and by the penal code for stop & ID he did not have to ID to the  sergeant or any other police officers. 

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

Human interaction is needed. Inanimate objects can't do anything. But you know this. You're just tired of catching sunfish. LOL

Anyone that doesn’t see the correlation between direct access to guns and gun related violence is beyond rational thought. More guns equal more gun related violence. Pretty simple concept. 

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Can you honestly say all these cop shootings are justified and that theres not widespread corruption in law enforcement? I see and hear it all the time, from youtube vids local cops letting friends off with no dwi or tickets. I don't give 2 shits that they are killing some of these thugs but holy fuck is it necessary to shoot at them while they're running away? 

Yes you need to turn off the TV. When you compare the one or two incidents that happen annually with the millions of interactions between police and citizens there is no epidemic of police violence against citizens and more specifically against black people. 

I'm talking beyond the big headline stories. The militarization and corruption with law enforcement is a problem. I deal with cops on an almost daily basis for work and they all act jacked up just waiting for a chance to pull a gun. It seems protect and serve has turned into harass and fine. Again, i don't care if they kill some punk that has a gun or knife, but just because someone is running from them doesn't justify opening fire.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Anyone that doesn’t see the correlation between direct access to guns and gun related violence is beyond rational thought. More guns equal more gun related violence. Pretty simple concept. 

even if I agree with your assertion guns and bullet's still don't kill people.

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

What do you define as "direct access?" Who has it?  What can be done to stop their "direct access"?

Cops will do whatever they can to get information.  It's what they are trained to do and they will even lie to get it. 

They can ask for an ID all they want, doesn't mean you need to provide one.  They will just play the "if you have nothing to hide" card.  Me, I'd give them my ID.  Go ahead and run it, you won't even find a speeding ticket, go harass someone else.