Check your account email address ×

Canadian national anthem to become gender neutral.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

is this for real?  What was gender specific in it?  Sweet fancy moses already!

Man you gotta start reading better..was right at the start even..lol.

Dying Liberal MP Mauril Belanger's private member's bill to make the national anthem more gender neutral cleared its final hurdle in the House of Commons today, passing by a vote of 225 to 74.

Bill C-210, which would change the second line of the anthem from "in all thy sons command" to "in all of us command," will now go to the Senate. Bélanger was in the House for the vote.

Edited by Capt.Storm

5 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

they pass that bill yet they vote down a bill that would link organ donors with people that need organs.

go liberals.

So it's not a good thing then..I been waiting for clarification now for freakin hours..

7 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

BTW..how do the people hook up then if  there is no link?

Man you Canadians are vague.

There are lists but not a national registry. 

This government cant make difficult decisions so they make knee jerk rainbow decisions.

3 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

There are lists but not a national registry. 

This government cant make difficult decisions so they make knee jerk rainbow decisions.

Well I could use a set of lungs so try and hook me hook up there will ya?

25 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

they pass that bill yet they vote down a bill that would link organ donors with people that need organs.

go liberals.

Won't say that ISIS is committing genocide :guzzle: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, xcr700 said:

Why change it? Pretty soon we will all be sharing one bathroom.  Fuckin hosers 

Why not?  Times change and what's wrong with being more inclusive.....including women with a simple change to the lyrics.  Seems like a no brainer 

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Why not?  Times change and what's wrong with being more inclusive.....including women with a simple change to the lyrics.  Seems like a no brainer 

Where do you stop ? Change the national anthem ,then change the flag ,then change name of the country.  Once one thing is done,I'm sure it'll be nothing but changes . Nothing wrong with the way it is,just leave the original alone.  

I don't know old English but I don't think "in all of us command" makes grammatical sense.  "In all of our command" makes more sense. 

People will still sing it the old way too.  Some people may not even stand apparently too.

3 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Where do you stop ? Change the national anthem ,then change the flag ,then change name of the country.  Once one thing is done,I'm sure it'll be nothing but changes . Nothing wrong with the way it is,just leave the original alone.  

:nuts: similar mentality that gay marriage will lead to the rape of children and marrying your pets.. :lol: Has that happened?  Why would the flag change?  

Admit it - you're opposed because the libs proposed it and you're a crotchety conservative who fears change :bc: 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are women offended by the current anthem?

Just another useless proposal by LefTards.

Just now, SnowRider said:

:nuts: similar mentality that gay marriage will lead to the rape of children and marrying your pets.. :lol: Has that happened?  Why would the flag change?  

Admit it - you're opposed because the libs proposed it and you're a crotchety conservative who fears change :bc: 

:snack:

19 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

What are the negatives to the proposed change? 

It simply doesn't need change. Been this way since it was written. Change for the sake of change is stupid. Change for the better is worthwhile but this doesn't make it better. 

• Like 1