Check your account email address ×

Helmet communicators

Kivalo

• Gold Member

Anyone use these? I have zero interest in making or receiving phone calls or using ok google. All I wanna do is get blue tooth speakers that sound good so I can jam out to some tunes.

Just now, Anler said:

Read the title of the OP. Then read it again. 

Anyone use these? I have zero interest in making or receiving phone calls or using ok google. All I wanna do is get blue tooth speakers that sound good so I can jam out to some tunes.

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have the cardo packtalk bold and really like it

Can you ignore phone calls with a voice promt?

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Why not just use air pods ? You can ignore the calls 

I dislike in-ear headphones for long periods. 

4 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Uclear.  

Are you saying my post is unclear or is uclear a thing?

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I've been looking at reviews for this model on line and it gets great reviews.

It works great. I have it set up on 2 of my helmets and I got one for my son too. 

It's a thing. They make several models but since you don't really care about the communications aspect just get the basic model that offers excellent audio performance and the batteries have excellent life on a single charge.  If at some point you decide to use the communication capability you can connect with one other unit.

https://www.ucleardigital.com/shop/helmet-communications/bluetooth/motorcycle/amp-go-2/

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, jdsky said:

It's a thing. They make several models but since you don't really care about the communications aspect just get the basic model that offers excellent audio performance and the batteries have excellent life on a single charge.  If at some point you decide to use the communication capability you can connect with one other unit.

https://www.ucleardigital.com/shop/helmet-communications/bluetooth/motorcycle/amp-go-2/

How does the music sound over the speakers?

Sound quality is excellent compared to any comparably priced ear buds that I would never go back to  because they just make my ears sore after several hours.  I have had mine for six seasons and they still hold a charge for at least two full days of riding and without ever turning the system off.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Sound quality is excellent compared to any comparably priced ear buds that I would never go back to  because they just make my ears sore after several hours.  I have had mine for six seasons and they still hold a charge for at least two full days of riding and without ever turning the system off.

Thanks

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, jdsky said:

Been using my uclear for tunes for the last4 years and the battery also still goes two full days easy on a charge.  Sounds great.  Wouldn't be without it!!!

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

I like the sound of my sled not someone yakking in my ears.

The dont buy helmet comms, faggot. 

17 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Been using my uclear for tunes for the last4 years and the battery also still goes two full days easy on a charge.  Sounds great.  Wouldn't be without it!!!

You like the sound of your uclear?

My family has been using communicators for 10+ years now, started out with those clunky old Platinum 900 communicators forever ago. Upgraded to Uclear a while back, but they started breaking after about 5 years so we switched to Cardo Packtalk Bold this season.

If you ever plan on using them as communicators I highly recommend going for the Packtalks. No background noise issues, very clear communication, extremely easy to use and set up. The communication function on the Uclears was always a bit of a pain in the ass. If you're just going to listen to music the Uclears will do just as good a job though, and they do have better battery life than the Packtalks.