Check your account email address ×

When will ski doo quit making such slow boring sleds?

Rod

Just now, Dave said:

Most people do....Cats are the least reliable by far though.

Can take a hit or jump better than all hands down . Best fr end in the trail burner market.  I have never had a major component on a cat bust in the first few yrs but lots of little anoying shit 

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Can take a hit or jump better than all hands down . Best fr end in the trail burner market.  I have never had a major component on a cat bust in the first few yrs but lots of little anoying shit 

Lots of busted ones here...same old same old

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah I’ve never had a reed valve doo twin last that long 

I've never owned one that didn't. 4 Series III sleds that went more than 5k miles when sold. Matter of fact, my 05 MachZ never left me stranded.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

I've never owned one that didn't. 4 Series III sleds that went more than 5k miles when sold. Matter of fact, my 05 MachZ never left me stranded.

Ya I put over 10000 miles on my 05 mach z in 2 seasons....lots did have issues with them though.

18 minutes ago, Dave said:

Most people do....Cats are the least reliable by far though.

And yet my engine isn't sitting on the floor in the garage.

I don't care if Cat makes the worst. I got over 4k miles on my Sidewinder and I have not missed a ride, cut a ride short or otherwise had my sled cause me anxiety.

I got a 5 year warrantee and have yet to use it.

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I think next to the fusion 900 motor the old pre etc 800 doo has to be the worst pos put in a sled in the last 30 yrs then the po 800 

Dave at Jackman Power Sports used to keep top ends on a shelf above the parts counter for easy, fast customer service. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dave at Jackman Power Sports used to keep top ends on a shelf above the parts counter for easy, fast customer service. :lol:

Hell you were lucky if it was only a top end most of the doo ended there life with a good size hole in the crank . And the poo almost always ended up spitting out a chunk of piston skirt out of the case  . 

The new poo is better but I have 3 buds who have gotten new motors under warranty on sleds less than 4 yrs old . To get fair 3 are rmk 

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Pulled them down like a pack of Marlboro's at the local Valero.  :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

And yet my engine isn't sitting on the floor in the garage.

I don't care if Cat makes the worst. I got over 4k miles on my Sidewinder and I have not missed a ride, cut a ride short or otherwise had my sled cause me anxiety.

I got a 5 year warrantee and have yet to use it.

It's a 18 year old sled.....

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Hell you were lucky if it was only a top end most of the doo ended there life with a good size hole in the crank . And the poo almost always ended up spitting out a chunk of piston skirt out of the case  . 

The new poo is better but I have 3 buds who have gotten new motors under warranty on sleds less than 4 yrs old . To get fair 3 are rmk 

To be fair, my mill says YAMAHA.

Just now, Snake said:

To be fair, my mill says YAMAHA.

Are they building that in st cloud or still buying from Yamaha? I have. It followed up on cat manufacturing in some time but I know the plan wast to build in new st cloud plant 

13 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I think next to the fusion 900 motor the old pre etc 800 doo has to be the worst pos put in a sled in the last 30 yrs then there 2012 po 800 

Poos 800 motor was bad too.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

It should be faster with extra cc and hp.....but racing a 129" against a 137" Doo is not apples to apples.

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

Poos 800 motor was bad too.

Yep strong 3rd place would prob be first but more suckers bought doo 800s than poo 800s so doo has the numbers to win 

Oh and doo did nothing to attempt to fix a well knowen issue at least poo worked on it 

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Skeeter21i said:

It should be faster with extra cc's and hp.....but racing a 129" against a 137" Doo is not apples to apples.

You are right the doo should ez get the jump out of the hole and stay there to at least 660 with the extra track .