Check your account email address ×

Analer's new lid!

Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

CKX Titan. Modular Moto style helmet. So far I like it but needs some time in the field for a proper evaluation...

IMG_20161220_140251162.jpg

Nice.  I've been following the thread on dootalk.  Looks like a good helmet.  Interested to see you review.  

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Nice.  I've been following the thread on dootalk.  Looks like a good helmet.  Interested to see you review.  

Yeah I have been looking at them too. The main reason I got it was I wear prescription glasses and these goggles fit over the glasses. The modular part is a major plus, Im really surprised nobody has thought of this before. And it is far more comfortable than the 509 was. But like I said, it needs some field time before I make up my mind.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah I have been looking at them too. The main reason I got it was I wear prescription glasses and these goggles fit over the glasses. The modular part is a major plus, Im really surprised nobody has thought of this before. And it is far more comfortable than the 509 was. But like I said, it needs some field time before I make up my mind.

I'm gonna get a new lid for next year.  I'm not impressed with the 509 Altitude and am looking at the Titan or Fly 2.  I'll still have the BV2S for real cold days.  

Edited by SnowRider

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I'm gonna get a new lid for next year.  I'm not impressed with the 509 Altitude and am looking at the Titan or Fly 2.  I'll still have the BV2S for real cold days.  

Im getting tired of the BV2S. Its heavy has no venting and fogs on me. I have been looking for a lid like this for a long time. I just hope it works out.

Also this helmet is NOT a carbon fiber but is very light.

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

It looks like a bv2....not a modular. :dunno:

The mouth piece drops. They call it a modular. It has goggles with speed straps.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Im getting tired of the BV2S. Its heavy has no venting and fogs on me. I have been looking for a lid like this for a long time. I just hope it works out.

Also this helmet is NOT a carbon fiber but is very light.

The mouth piece drops. They call it a modular. It has goggles with speed straps.

Well its not a modular design. :lol:

Very interested in one though.

30 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Have not received it yet, pick it up next trip north.  Got one for my son as well.

Really like the way the chin strap sets and the goggles clip over the unit.

Yeah I like the way it fits too. Need a good 80mph wind on it tho before I can recommend...

Used mine a few times and love it. You need to change the nose piece to the breath guard and put the forehead curtain on and the vent plugs in. Was good at -20c at 80 mph. Tiny bit of fog in the top corner when I was playing around in the powder and breathing a bit heavy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Used mine a few times and love it. You need to change the nose piece to the breath guard and put the forehead curtain on and the vent plugs in. Was good at -20c at 80 mph. Tiny bit of fog in the top corner when I was playing around in the powder and breathing a bit heavy. 

I already put the breath guard on. I dont think I am going to use that forehead protector, i use a balaclava. And one of the things i hated about the bv2s is no vents. Not sure if i want to plug them all before i try it.

Just now, Anler said:

I already put the breath guard on. I dont think I am going to use that forehead protector, i use a balaclava. And one of the things i hated about the bv2s is no vents. Not sure if i want to plug them all before i try it.

I was wearing a real thin balaclava and found my forehead was the only area that got a small chill. Ill be getting a good klim balaclava for Christmas hopefully. 

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

Vents would be huge bonus on the bv2