Check your account email address ×

Gun sales 1998-2020

Just now, Seatofmypants said:

Me too.  I know black guns are so scary and all......but most deer rifles should be feared more.

Exactly....shotguns can be far more damaging than an AR

• Thanks 1

• Advertising Member
Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Great news.  What is also good is that there are many new buyers.  It's not just people who already own guns but those who haven't owned any before.

Honestly the number of checks this year is insane. That means 1 in 10 people in the US had a NICS check....crazy!

13 minutes ago, Seatofmypants said:

Honestly the number of checks this year is insane. That means 1 in 10 people in the US had a NICS check....crazy!

It could be the same people though, just another transaction.  I know a new buyer that bought one but ended up returning it since he couldn't find any 9mm ammunition.  Wish he would have said something, I have a few rounds I would give him for practice.

15 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Great news.  What is also good is that there are many new buyers.  It's not just people who already own guns but those who haven't owned any before.

i'm amazed at the number of people i know who have bough pew pes the last few years.  TBH scares me that some of them carry.   there is a reason i don't,  i'm just stupid and irrational enough I might pull 

1 hour ago, Seatofmypants said:

Me too.  I know black guns are so scary and all......but most deer rifles should be feared more.

A perfect example of that is a Lee Enfield. 

A bolt action, 30 cal gun with a detachable 10 round magazine. They have exploded in price over they years with a sporterized ones going for $350ish and original stock ones $800+. But they used to be $50 and there are millions around. 

In Canada it is illegal to have a .22 semi auto with a magazine capacity more than 5 rounds. 

Tell me Liberal gun grabbers, can your .22 do this? (1/4" ar400 plate)

20201101_112417.jpg

20201101_112444.jpg

16 minutes ago, low-1 said:

This is completely false

I took my pal in October and the instructor said that all semi auto guns are limited to 5 round magazines?

Edited by Tomas.

Correct.  Rimfire has no limit, except Ruger 10/22 because it can also fit a .22 pistol.  I was unaware of the M&P15-22, that must be a new one.  You can legally purchase 200rd drum mags for a lot of .22 rifles.

I honestly don't believe you would be able to even find any 5rd .22 mags.  The smallest I've ever seen is 10.

2 hours ago, Seatofmypants said:

Shew baby these numbers are ramping up.  10 million more guns/NICS checks (can be multiple weapons in some states on one NICS check) in 2020 then in 2019.

NICS_Firearm_Checks_-_Month_Year.pdf 23.06 kB · 6 downloads

That’s cause Obama took all the guns.

Edited by Mainecat

Another quirk of Canada vs US... AK-47s have been prohibited in Canada for a LONG time, and are pretty easily available in the US.  However, I have a Type 81 LMG on it's way to me now, and they are functionally unicorns in the US because of American Chinese import bans.  Same with bulk 7.62x39 ammo.  We have very very few advantages over Americans when it comes to firearms, Chinese imports being one of them.

The news report says our state is up 80% in new license to carry applications from this time last year. Now our LGS is holding the class needed to apply. We were looking at the bumper stickers on the cars in the parking lot and they say things like, I'm with her-feel the burn-Biden for president LoL.

Some police departments have stopped taking applications and are now going to count over this, 2A is a right after all.

The best part is that there's nothing to sell them once they get a permit, no gun's or ammo then they flip out as the media told them guns are everywhere LoL.

S&W is running wide open and running a radio add looking for help and they cannot find any or keep up with the demand. I guess paying people 15$ an hour and unemployment makes them feel like they deserve more for the lack of talent and skills and nevermind cori checks.

My last stylus check just got me a M2 lefty, thanks DC !