Check your account email address ×

The US is building a bike trail that runs coast-to-coast across 12 states

7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You are typical.  Saying you won't own another, yet on a sled website.  I am sure you are asking buddies to borrow theirs when ever it snows, all the while telling them how this is a stupid sport.  :thumbsup:

I’d ask you, but you don’t own a sled 

Our clubs uses portions of the new Empire State trail here in NY, which is the section I maintain, we have nothing but thank you from users like CC skiers and walkers and the bike crowd, but they stay on that trail and off private property, glad we don't have to deal with the same twats you guys do

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

Our clubs uses portions of the new Empire State trail here in NY, which is the section I maintain, we have nothing but thank you from users like CC skiers and walkers and the bike crowd, but they stay on that trail and off private property, glad we don't have to deal with the same twats you guys do

No mean looks from teenage girl x-country skiers? :lol: 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

No issue with the bike people riding trails as long as they help pay to maintain it.  Either come together to do it voluntarily or have to buy a sticker to ride on the trails just like sleds and wheelers.  

What could go wrong?

...I guess it depends on the trail though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

What could go wrong?

...I guess it depends on the trail though.

lets face it DNR/F&G have nothing better to do so they might as well have to enforce sticker rules for bikers,  snowshoers etc just like they do for sleds.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

lets face it DNR/F&G have nothing better to do so they might as well have to enforce sticker rules for bikers,  snowshoers etc just like they do for sleds.  

They shouldn't be out there clogging up the trails if you ask me.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

They shouldn't be out there clogging up the trails if you ask me.  

here in NH with speed limits they like to either sit where speeds of 80+ is safe writing speed tickets or in the parking lot or the gas station writing exhaust and reg tickets.   Maine will set up once in awhile at a corner for unsafe riding which i agree with otherwise jsut at a road crossing for reg check.  

• Like 1