Check your account email address ×

After 6 attempts I was finally able to buy a sled in 2020

Lost out on the first 6 attempts to buy a sled for my wife this year. Sleds are going so fast, had one guy sell one out from under me after he set time and place. Jumped on this one the hour it was listed and 45 minutes later we owned it.

Paid $3900 for this 2007 600 SDI. Wife loves it took her on a 20 mile ride right from home. 

Can't believe how frustrating buying a sled is this year. I've basically been trying to throw money at people.

IMG_20210103_151258_8.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Lost out on the first 6 attempts to buy a sled for my wife this year. Sleds are going so fast, had one guy sell one out from under me after he set time and place. Jumped on this one the hour it was listed and 45 minutes later we owned it.

Paid $3900 for this 2007 600 SDI. Wife loves it took her on a 20 mile ride right from home. 

Can't believe how frustrating buying a sled is this year. I've basically been trying to throw money at people.

Was it a fact of not throwing enough?

Congrats on the new (to her) sled .... and even better, being able to get out and take it for a spin.  I couldn't make a trip work this past week/weekend and kinda depending on Ma Nature to come through for an annual trip in a couple weeks.

10 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Congrats!  Yeah...amazing how those Revs hold their value.  Damn good sleds. :bc:

39 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Just realized where you were.snow looks thin.  Is the ground freezing up nice at least?

C01355FB-D1E3-4C84-9707-ECFC7EC5FBF3.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Was it a fact of not throwing enough?

No it is crazy stupid right now.  I have buds who had been talking to guys arranged to come over . They get there and a guy is loading up the way overpriced  sled.  

People are nuts what they are giving for even oldjunk . 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Congrats!  Yeah...amazing how those Revs hold their value.  Damn good sleds. :bc:

My bud just kicked out 1900 for a 94 440 cat with just over 4k mi for his kid lmfao 

And there really is not even any snow 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

My bud just kicked out 1900 for a 94 440 cat with just over 4k mi for his kid lmfao 

It’s fucking crazy.  I’ve been doing my usual Craigslist perusing and there just isn’t shit for sale right now.  Kinda surprising with another slow year shaping up.

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Ya we barely have enough here as well. 

20201227_132454.jpg

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

I paid $3900 for a 2007 sled with 5000 miles. I threw more than enough.

damn i paid 2300 for my last SDI with 3k on it.   amazing the market.  I figure i paid $1000 too much for this side by side given the market even with it being winter but fuck it.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave said:

Ya we barely have enough here as well. 

20201227_132454.jpg

Swamps are not fully frozen to top it off . 

This was my morning yesterday.  Polaris updated there app and went back to its old trails . A Tucker driver was following the app down a old trail that is  a dead end now so never bothered to argo down the weeds . Ironically enough this was right in fr of polaris lol 

20210102_084949.jpg

20210102_094813.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s fucking crazy.  I’ve been doing my usual Craigslist perusing and there just isn’t shit for sale right now.  Kinda surprising with another slow year shaping up.

Most guys I know sold there stuff and went to dealer butt cheeks pulled wide open . 

The OTD numbers are a little off putting to say the least 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Swamps are not fully frozen to top it off . 

This was my morning yesterday.  Polaris updated there app and went back to its old trails . A Tucker driver was following the app down a old trail that is  a dead end now so never bothered to argo down the weeds . Ironically enough this was right in fr of polaris lol 

20210102_084949.jpg

20210102_094813.jpg

Yikes were frozen pretty good up here now.

Just now, Dave said:

Yikes were frozen pretty good up here now.

Shit is frozen where we ran the argo and packed the cat tails in the fall . But this was not run with argo nor any early sleds so snow in cat tails insulates the ground . 

• Like 1

Guys in Alberta care selling 90's two up touring sleds for $3000-$4000 cad. And when someone comments saying it is over priced to help someone who has no clue out, they get dog piled by people saying it is a totally fair and acceptable price.

Market is insane. I am glad I bought my sleds two years ago but it is tempting to see what I can get for my 08 d7 switchback and 07 crossfire 600. Both of which are in really good shape lol. 

Edited by Tomas.

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Guys in Alberta care selling 90's two up touring sleds for $3000-$4000 cad. And when someone comments saying it is over priced to help someone who has no clue out, they get dog piled by people saying it is a totally fair and acceptable price.

Market is insane. I am glad I bought my sleds two years ago but it is tempting to see what I can get for my 08 d7 switchback and 07 crossfire 600. Both of which are in really good shape lol. 

In comparison,  In March 2020 I bought my 2011 GSX 1200 for $3700.  January 2021 I bought a 2007 600 SDI for $3900.  It just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Most guys I know sold there stuff and went to dealer butt cheeks pulled wide open . 

The OTD numbers are a little off putting to say the least 

Yeah, I sold my 17 in Sept but had my phone blowing up on my 19 about a month ago.  I thought it was kinda weird all this sudden interest in non converted SX sled.  Turns out, just a short supply of sleds made it look real attractive.