Check your account email address ×

850 doo plugs

Just now, Skidooski said:

Cat guys crying about working on Doos  :cry: :lol: 

DUDE!  Those doos are a mother fucker with access.  The designers literally have Barbie doll hands and enjoy disassembly of non-essential items for no apparent reason when trying to perform basic maintenance.  Their secondary clutch system made me laugh and laugh and laugh.  I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to attach it to the skis also.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

DUDE!  Those doos are a mother fucker with access.  The designers literally have Barbie doll hands and enjoy disassembly of non-essential items for no apparent reason when trying to perform basic maintenance.  Their secondary clutch system made me laugh and laugh and laugh.  I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to attach it to the skis also.

First time I tore into an XP I was MF'ing everyone and everything. Now, after tearing into them a few times, it's much easier. Torx bit, rip off all the plastic on top of the motor then do what you need to do. Most of my sleds still have a hood that hinges forward and you can get to everything easily  :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

First time I tore into an XP I was MF'ing everyone and everything. Now, after tearing into them a few times, it's much easier. Torx bit, rip off all the plastic on top of the motor then do what you need to do. Most of my sleds still have a hood that hinges forward and you can get to everything easily  :lol: 

I really appreciate those hoods now! 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidooski said:

At least the 850 plugs are $10 cheaper then the $25 ETEC plugs. Not a hard job once you've done it once before.

Dont you have to index them on the etecs? 

23 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah....I was like, "WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?"  But, it is what it is, after you do it a time or two...it's just normal.  Cat's are just plain easier.  Even the tear down techs at SX hated it when a doo won...which was all the fucking time last year!!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah....I was like, "WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!?"  But, it is what it is, after you do it a time or two...it's just normal.  Cat's are just plain easier.  Even the tear down techs at SX hated it when a doo won...which was all the fucking time last year!!

Snowbunjie frt bar, pull, and then everything becomes accessible :lol:

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Why because I can't see why some one would design a toy that it takes 3 hrs to change a routine maintenance item 4 buck sparkplug? Yep guess I am a moron for buying a toy designed by people who could give 2 fucks about the end user .

Umm welcome to working on any piece of machinery. Engineers design shit without every actually trying to work on it. I see stupidity every day working in the auto industry. Just this morning I got a piece of shit jeep renegade some dumbass engineer thought it be a good idea to press and wrap a fucking chrome sleeve over the actual lug stud. Umm ya couple years of corrosion guess what happens the fucking sleeve spins over the solid part of the lug nut.  Lucky I could slam a smaller socket on the piece of shit to get enough grip to get it off. 3 out of 5 spun. Typical shit fiat/jeep design

here is a junk one I ripped the sleeve off on the left and a normal one on the right

5DE1EF89-93E0-492F-B674-C9D5BC860C06.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

First time I even really looked at the airbox set up on the XP I did just that. Until I cracked open the 300 page manual and went......"Oh, ok"

15 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Umm welcome to working on any piece of machinery. Engineers design shit without every actually trying to work on it. I see stupidity every day working in the auto industry. Just this morning I got a piece of shit jeep renegade some dumbass engineer thought it be a good idea to press and wrap a fucking chrome sleeve over the actual lug stud. Umm ya couple years of corrosion guess what happens the fucking sleeve spins over the solid part of the lug nut.  Lucky I could slam a smaller socket on the piece of shit to get enough grip to get it off. 3 out of 5 spun. Typical shit fiat/jeep design

here is a junk one I ripped the sleeve off on the left and a normal one on the right

5DE1EF89-93E0-492F-B674-C9D5BC860C06.jpeg

Fordfuckong stupid  has-been doing that one to lugs for yrs fucking stupid 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Cat guys crying about working on Doos  :cry: :lol: 

Yeah really makes a guy appreciate a sled built around racing and not built around linx accessory and inept fucks whos first response is always well my dealer said 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Ya I don’t usually do mechanic shit I do body work so this is the first time I’d seen it. The parts guy said they probably sell 100 of them a week. I just wonder what the hell there on when they think this stuff up. I’m sure it’s a cost cutting deal or maybe a way to make a bunch of money because they know it is a guarantee fail down the road.

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yup,  Fords are terrible for that.   they couldn't rotate the tires on my mustang this summer because the last time the tire shop twisted the fuck out of the lugnuts with too many ugga duggas and they had no replacements in stock.  

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Yeah really makes a guy appreciate a sled built around racing and not built around linx accessory and inept fucks whos first response is always well my dealer said 

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

:dunno: