Check your account email address ×

Holy shit! I agree with Ilhan Omar on something...

Matt

It's unconscionable that Congress approved moving themselves to the front of the line for the vaccines and that young members like Rubio and AOC are taking it (AOC especially to virtue-signal since that's kindof her thing).  "Continuity of government."  As if it'd be a huge catastrophe if congress couldn't meet up...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9076583/Ilhan-Omar-slams-lawmakers-like-AOC-getting-vaccine-65s.html

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s a double edged sword. If Congress didn’t take the vaccine people would say it’s not safe. If they do they’re being greedy. 

BS.  There are enough doctors and nurses taking this publicly to show the public it's safe.  That and there are enough fogey Senators and Reps who are probably qualified to be the leaders/guinea pigs.

17 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s a double edged sword. If Congress didn’t take the vaccine people would say it’s not safe. If they do they’re being greedy. 

America has no idea what “heroes” or leaders are anymore.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Pence was first in line 

All the more reason, 30something low-level congress members don't need it as a "show of safety."  :thumbsdown:

I do find it a bit ironic how many folks who said they wouldn't dare take the "Trump vaccine" who are lining up to take it and not mention anything about how it got here so fast...

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

All the more reason, 30something low-level congress members don't need it as a "show of safety."  :thumbsdown:

The vaccine should only be given to those over 80 who have significant health conditions. Basically everyone else would just be better off getting the Rona 

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I do agree, damned if they do, damned if they don't..

And realistically its a drop in the bucket to how many People are being vaccinated on a daily basis and it's just ramping up..

Plus, give it to them first, we will definitely know if they croak..

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The vaccine should only be given to those over 80 who have significant health conditions. Basically everyone else would just be better off getting the Rona 

I have an uncle on a ventilator in Wisconsin.  62 years old.  Average health but had a "fuck it.  If I get it, I get it" attitude.  Been in the hospital for 8 days and counting.  It's not looking good.

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I have an uncle on a ventilator in Wisconsin.  62 years old.  Average health but had a "fuck it.  If I get it, I get it" attitude.  Been in the hospital for 8 days and counting.  It's not looking good.

That sucks...very sorry to hear that.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That sucks...very sorry to hear that.

Yeah.  Major bummer.  Fronts a bluegrass band and can play the living hell out of the banjo, mandolin, guitar, and has a great voice.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I had posted about a friends mom who had seemingly beaten this. She took a turn for the worse and is on a vent and in a medically induced coma. She was very unhealthy though.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’m sorry to hear that. I had posted about a friends mom who had seemingly beaten this. She took a turn for the worse and is on a vent and in a medically induced coma. She was very unhealthy though.

Same with him.  Was feeling a bit better for a couple days, then wham.  Couldn't breathe and needed an ambulance ride to the hospital.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Same with him.  Was feeling a bit better for a couple days, then wham.  Couldn't breathe and needed an ambulance ride to the hospital.

Yup...really weird. She went from intensive care to a regular room and they wer eyeballing discharge and then she went downhill fast and had to be medivac to a bigger hospital. 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I had a conversation with my niece’s husband during a July 4th family get together. He said the same as your grandfather and took zero precautions. Now he’s got permanent lung damage. He’s been on steroids since he began his recovery from Covid. Steroids are to keep the inflammation in his lungs at bay and also his hands. He’s had joint issues ever since contracting the virus, but his hands seem to be effected the worst. Two weeks after he got it his brother in the Dakotas got it too. It killed him. My niece said it was the most gruesome death she’s ever seen. Both are/were in their “50’s. My grand niece got it and recovered in a week. My nephew got it and it was 3 days and done. 

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I had a conversation with my niece’s husband during a July 4th family get together. He said the same as your grandfather and took zero precautions. Now he’s got permanent lung damage. He’s been on steroids since he began his recovery from Covid. Steroids are to keep the inflammation in his lungs at bay and also his hands. He’s had joint issues ever since contracting the virus, but his hands seem to be effected the worst. Two weeks after he got it his brother in the Dakotas got it too. It killed him. My niece said it was the most gruesome death she’s ever seen. Both are/were in their “50’s. My grand niece got it and recovered in a week. My nephew got it and it was 3 days and done. 

it's a weird one for sure.  My brother had it.  He had a headache for a week, then right at the end lost taste/smell, but no issues breathing.  His wife got it from him and had fever, chills, body aches, and also loss of taste/smell.  Both said it was no big deal.

I still refer to it as the Boomer Doomer.

Edited by Matt

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I do find it a bit ironic how many folks who said they wouldn't dare take the "Trump vaccine" who are lining up to take it and not mention anything about how it got here so fast...

It got here so fast because animal trials were side stepped. That typically adds 2-3 years to the development of a medicine. Researchers genetically modify animals to react the same as humans. That takes time and money. This vaccine trial went virtually straight to humans. This has never been done before. I think anyone who’s a bit skeptical of this vaccine has good reason. It’s been given Fauci’s stamp of approval. The guy that lied to the country about the poor effectiveness of masks. So there’s all that.  

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It got here so fast because animal trials were side stepped. That typically adds 2-3 years to the development of a medicine. Researchers genetically modify animals to react the same as humans. That takes time and money. This vaccine trial went virtually straight to humans. This has never been done before. I think anyone who’s a bit skeptical of this vaccine has good reason. It’s been given Fauci’s stamp of approval. The guy that lied to the country about the poor effectiveness of masks. So there’s all that.  

Who is this?

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Who is this?

I didn’t say that I wasn’t going to get it. But I’ll be out here in the wings for awhile watching. My old place of employment was to start giving the vaccine yesterday. There’s 120some people getting it. If I didn’t have an autoimmune issue I’d probably take my chances. I really don’t want to risk getting the virus if at all possible. 

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I might add that the RNA version freaks the fuck out of me for a number of reasons. I believe that’s the Moderna version. 

Pfizer and Moderna are both messenger RNA vaccines.  My sister is the smartest doctor I know (and I know a fuckton of doctors) and she got it after studying it and reading the literature.  I told her to let me know if she grows a third nipple or something between now and March when I might have a real shot at getting jabbed.