Check your account email address ×

Ctec2 Sucks

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ahhh....but you could resleeve, right?  
This was an expensive fucking ride.  :smack:

this didn't happen all in one shot, testament to a suzuki bottom end.  no re-sleeve, jug is getting repaired by a guy that knows his shit and then nikasil coated.  skirt/piston dropped chunks into case and went a few rounds for quite a while, so... complete rebuild with case, crank, etc. and $$$$ is adding up rather quickly.  but, it makes the same or more power than the new Polaris 650 so I'm saving about $11K and I'll still have a chassis that can take some abuse. 

:good:     

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this didn't happen all in one shot, testament to a suzuki bottom end.  no re-sleeve, jug is getting repaired by a guy that knows his shit and then nikasil coated.  skirt/piston dropped chunks into case and went a few rounds for quite a while, so... complete rebuild with case, crank, etc. and $$$$ is adding up rather quickly.  but, it makes the same or more power than the new Polaris 650 so I'm saving about $11K and I'll still have a chassis that can take some abuse. 

:good:     

Eeeesh!  Yeah, had my cylinder redone and replated an Millenium in WI.  Did an amazing job!  Got lucky on bottom end, just a few little pieces that didn’t do any damage.  Most of it was tossed out so my crank passed with flying colors....still, I hated cracking the case but, I don’t do anything half-ass and when the engine is already out, well...might as well go through everything.  :bc:

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what happened to the Cat 800 in 'dealer prep'?  usually they run slower after the dealers touch them?  did they swap in a TCat engine?

C0E0A169-6B5D-4AE7-AB42-89C242D51187.jpeg

Standard arctic cat dealer prep kit?

Screenshot_20201213-120135_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Eeeesh!  Yeah, had my cylinder redone and replated an Millenium in WI.  Did an amazing job!  Got lucky on bottom end, just a few little pieces that didn’t do any damage.  Most of it was tossed out so my crank passed with flying colors....still, I hated cracking the case but, I don’t do anything half-ass and when the engine is already out, well...might as well go through everything.  :bc:

I was hoping to simply find a hole burned in the PTO side piston - no such luck.

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I was hoping to simply find a hole burned in the PTO side piston - no such luck.

It’s amazing the lies we try and tell ourselves to make us feel better when, deep inside, we know we’re fucked.  We know damn well when we lost a cylinder and we know what damage happens.  :lol:

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It’s amazing the lies we try and tell ourselves to make us feel better when, deep inside, we know we’re fucked.  We know damn well when we lost a cylinder and we know what damage happens.  :lol:

Imagine that same scenario in your head for an entire season just after buying that brand new $14K 840 hypersled with 'unmatched durability' who's engine has been assembled with bubble gum and shoe goo.  not to mention the best relays and electrical components a company can source from china for the lowest possible price.

Wolves and Polar Bears... oh my

right @Bontz ?  :mc:

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Imagine that same scenario in your head for an entire season just after buying that brand new $14K 840 hypersled with 'unmatched durability' who's engine has been assembled with bubble gum and shoe goo.  not to mention the best relays and electrical components a company can source from china for the lowest possible price.

41D763C3-DF70-41C1-8086-6701245B28C6.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

First off .... my current EIGHT FIDDY HYPERSLED was more than $14K.  Secondly .... there's bubble gum in there?!??!?!  NICE!!!

What should anyone expect from the Cat 800 with 152 hp stock out of the box.....dumping tons of oil for the first 300 miles..... So bad you can hardly see the sled on the dyno.....

Did they even run it long enough to get the rev-limiter off ??? 

Just now, taperk600 said:

What should anyone expect from the Cat 800 with 152 hp stock out of the box.....dumping tons of oil for the first 300 miles..... So bad you can hardly see the sled on the dyno.....

Same old shit here with this crap.

Welcome to FS, Taperk!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Good to see ya Tom! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Same old shit here with this crap.

Welcome to FS, Taperk!

How are you Zam !

5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Good to see ya Tom! 

Hey Chris........ not on "over there" much anymore..... but read the shit going on...you "letter"... etc.... Looks like they want the site to die.

Glad I was able follow the clues to get here.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

well look what the Cat dragged in... :goodpost:

Did they run your 2021 Tom or was there no 'mod' class this year?  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

You talking about sex ? Been there ! :lol:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well look what the Cat dragged in... :goodpost:

Did they run your 2021 Tom or was there no 'mod' class this year?  

Nope, did not run my sled this year. Actually my sled isn't even all together yet.....

Not sure what was there for performance shop sleds.... or much of this year's whole program. From what I gather it was kept to a "select few" who were told when, where, etc...........

27 minutes ago, taperk600 said:

Nope, did not run my sled this year. Actually my sled isn't even all together yet.....

Not sure what was there for performance shop sleds.... or much of this year's whole program. From what I gather it was kept to a "select few" who were told when, where, etc...........

gotcha'

so what's the new Kitty getting done this time?

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

gotcha'

so what's the new Kitty getting done this time?

We are back and forth with what to do this year. Just didn't get the time we would have liked on last year's set up. So may just continue that route......

to be continued................... 

On 12/13/2020 at 8:33 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

not to make excuses but the 6000 RXC for cross country racing runs 23/40 gearing, where the 6000 LTD or normal consumer model runs 22/48 so @mnstang is correct that in a bit more distance it might have been a different story.  that being said, RXC with no e-start weighs less than the normal consumer model.  

irony is last year Cat ran the 8000 SnoPro with 1" lugs and 21/38 gearing and it beat the Poo 840

I'm not a fan of making excuses because something *doesn't have e start.  It *shouldn't have e start.  It's not my fault all those other sleds are made for fat lazy bastards than can't pull a cord. Also the r xc is a consumer model.