Check your account email address ×

Study shows immunity will last for decades

BOHICA

29 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Funny, the experts were saying 2 to 3 months. Imagine that. 

I wonder how many that were "reinfected" actually had false positive tests?

Some of this stuff would make a whole lot more sense if the results were incorrect. 

One member positive in a household with everybody living damn near on top of each other?  It seems odd.  If it is true, find out why the rest didn't get Covid.  More antibody testing would sure help nail down the facts and contribute to real scientific numbers. 

There still seems to be a lot of dart throwing in the dark.  It is a crappy way to win the game.

Here's the most important part of the article.

Anyone trying to assign a timeline on immunity is jumping the gun.

The research, published online, has not been peer-reviewed nor published in a scientific journal. But it is the most comprehensive and long-ranging study of immune memory to the coronavirus to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Trust the science. Well except MBTE in gas , ignore that science.

What science are we to trust the science that says you have imunity for yrs or the science that is telling us we can get reinfected after recovering from catching a covid ? 

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

A novel virus that is how old again and you guys want to shit on science because they are trying to figure this thing out.

I don't want to shit on science,  I'd just like them to show some kind of responsibility and not blurt things out just to be first.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't want to shit on science,  I'd just like them to show some kind of responsibility and not blurt things out just to be first.

Monday , phizer 90 % effective 

tue, other company 94.5% effective 

wed phizer 95% effective

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

when you look back from Feb to now there has been way too much of that.   Also a bunch of bad information from the mouths of politicians that most likely came from the scientist guessing.  Science should not be a political football or a way to get famous on TV as a mouth piece.     

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Can you show me a scientific article where they state with certainty what the immunity timeline is? I'm highly doubting it.

You can however certainly find some articles written by idiots in the media that can't help but jump to conclusions and make it sound like we now know what the immunity length of time is. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
52 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Can you show me a scientific article where they state with certainty what the immunity timeline is? I'm highly doubting it.

You can however certainly find some articles written by idiots in the media that can't help but jump to conclusions and make it sound like we now know what the immunity length of time is. 

And where do the idiots in the media get it from? Remember when trump trotted out all those doctors supporting his opinion, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. This was printed only last month, who do we believe? :bc:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/new-evidence-that-coronavirus-antibodies-only-last-a-few-months

18 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

And where do the idiots in the media get it from? Remember when trump trotted out all those doctors supporting his opinion, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. This was printed only last month, who do we believe? :bc:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/new-evidence-that-coronavirus-antibodies-only-last-a-few-months

Those idiots in the media often misrepresent what the Science actually says because like the average person, they don't understand science.

Your article makes my point for me. They always put this shit at the end of the article where the average person won't even see it. Then what happens is people repeat the various headlines, convincing themselves that Science has somehow "changed it's tune" or "can't make up its mind". 

However, some small studies — like a report from Iceland showing people had antibodies past 4 months — indicate antibodies may last a bit longer.

More research, and time, is needed to pinpoint exactly how long antibodies last in people who’ve recovered from an infection.

Another study from Mount Sinai in New York recently found that people with mild and moderate infections produced a robust antibody response that persisted for 3 months, with a modest dip in antibody levels occurring around the 5-month point.

The Mount Sinai researchers suspect neutralizing antibodies that specifically target the viral spike protein could lower people’s risk for reinfection.

More research is needed to determine how various types of antibodies that target different parts of the coronavirus behave over time.

3 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Remember, Nobody is getting sick and nobody is dying.

The death rate in the state is inline with every other fall flu season. Nobody is dying and very few are getting sick

• Thanks 1