Check your account email address ×

Donny wants a yuge relief bill.

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Too little too late. They arent going to do shit until he concedes or gets thrown out. 

I wonder if the average American has even the slightest clue that the reason there hasn't been more help so far is 100% on Pelosi.  Maybe the 5 people who watch CNN and saw Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer call her a cunt...  But I'm sure their cognitive dissonance has washed that away already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I wonder if the average American has even the slightest clue that the reason there hasn't been more help so far is 100% on Pelosi.  Maybe the 5 people who watch CNN and saw Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer call her a cunt...  But I'm sure their cognitive dissonance has washed that away already.

Everything is politics now, Matt. Everything. Its disgusting.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hopefully Nancy gets the fucking boot from the Speaker position. :bc:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

None play well together. Basically two corporations in competition with each other. 

If this whole "ban the electoral college" thing really does get traction, it has to happen in parallel with a "disband the two parties" effort.  The parties should be forcefully broken up and their assets pooled to be evenly distributed (over time) to new parties.  SuperPACs should be banned, as should individual contributions in excess of $50.

If we're going that route with the EC, we need to be more of a parliamentary system.  Otherwise it's just the will of an oppressive majority, which is why the Dems want it so bad.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

If this whole "ban the electoral college" thing really does get traction, it has to happen in parallel with a "disband the two parties" effort.  The parties should be forcefully broken up and their assets pooled to be evenly distributed (over time) to new parties.  SuperPACs should be banned, as should individual contributions in excess of $50.

If we're going that route, we need to be more of a parliamentary system.  Otherwise it's just the will of an oppressive majority, which is why the Dems want it so bad.

I agree with all of that and I also think a ranked voting system has merits.

So essentially we get make a first, second, third, etc. choice for President as well as other elected offices. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Brooke Baldwin had Kristin Gillibrand on yesterday and asked about the relief bill and of course she blamed McConnell but Baldwin was having none of it...she called Pelosi out. It was refreshing to hear.

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Brooke Baldwin had Kristin Gillibrand on yesterday and asked about the relief bill and of course she blamed McConnell but Baldwin was having none of it...she called Pelosi out. It was refreshing to hear.

There’s crazy people on both side of the spectrum. Pelosi on one side and trump on the other. Both are losing power. Which is good. It’s a real head scratcher how both these lunatics not only get into power, but are worshipped. 

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

If we're going that route with the EC, we need to be more of a parliamentary system.  Otherwise it's just the will of an oppressive majority, which is why the Dems want it so bad.

America has become incredibly mobile during the last 10 years and it’s only continued to accelerate. In time we’ll probably see states becoming more purple. That seems to be what the very close vote counts are indicative of. So this thing has the potential to sort itself out. I do think the campaign issue is totally out of hand. Perhaps besides what you suggested for finance reform is to limit all political campaigns to 3-4 months. Of course with the internet, that will be very difficult to enforce. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

None of this.  none of it will happen