Check your account email address ×

2004 ProXR 800 Flannery

• Platinum Contributing Member

I know these sleds seemed to have a lot of issues but IMO when they are right they rip plus they look badass. There is one for sale near me that supposedly has a Doug Flannery built motor with titanium rods..not sure if that means much but it has me thinking...anybody have the scoop on these sleds? How about Flannery? 

Just now, awful knawful said:

Last ditch effort making a Rev from a dated chassis.

Seems that way...my buddy had one back in the day that he extended to a 136”...I wish I had rode it. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know these sleds seemed to have a lot of issues but IMO when they are right they rip plus they look badass. There is one for sale near me that supposedly has a Doug Flannery built motor with titanium rods..not sure if that means much but it has me thinking...anybody have the scoop on these sleds? How about Flannery? 

Depends what type of sleds you are used to riding.  If you like to stand up, snocross type riding and it's the right price, then get it. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Be certain it has the wide PTO bearing, cranks were a problem even in stock engines.

• Thanks 1

Watch for cracks at the front of the tunnel to bulkhead, skidframe rails etc... if it's been ridden hard. The copper was a cool lookin sled but it could not handle jumps like a Rev.

Only know Flannery Motorsports by internet reputation as good, typical trail port and higher compression head, not sure about the Ti rods though but it should have the PTO bearing mod if he was in that far

Edited by Tinker
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Still got mine out in the barn.  Hasn’t been started in a few years. But the motor was torn down the year before and went through, new wide pto bearing, and found the crank was out a couple degrees. Ran well before I put it away. 

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Last ditch effort making a Rev from a dated chassis.

No they were getting rid of the supply of old race sleds because the iqr was coming out. 

I just messaged the seller again and asked about the motor work, crank...ect...he said he has no idea. I should known better as I know who he is and he is less than honest IMO. 🤬

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, CheezusXR8 said:

You ever race Kurt Schultz? He did my motor. 

Haven't lined up with him yet in Bracket. Don't know him real well but have pitted by him a few times now. Polaris good ole boys crew   

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Haven't lined up with him yet in Bracket. Don't know him real well but have pitted by him a few times now. Polaris good ole boys crew   

Yup, he’s a little bit older than me, but a couple of my buddies are starting to race with him. I went out and watched them race at 131 a couple years ago. 

Flannery is really good, my one riding buddy has a 2003 Pro-X, he will beat just about anybody on rough trails, that's mostly on ability but he has a modded motor that rips, big bearing crank heads and porting and pipes.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Yup, he’s a little bit older than me, but a couple of my buddies are starting to race with him. I went out and watched them race at 131 a couple years ago. 

He's done a lot for the MSADRA. I believe has was doing all the Tech for the Pro8 class until they roped Dave Hall in.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was hoping you would chime in! 🤣

You sold that sled correct? 

No it’s out in the shed. Hasn’t been started since I bought the 14 freeride a few years ago. Got an extra Slp ceramic single for it too, just need a y-pipe or weld up the holes in the y-pipe I got. Rear suspension needs gone through and weld some cracks in the pto side shock tower. Torque arm cracked it. Had it welded up but I noticed the guy missed some when I was putting it back together.  She’s rode hard. :lol: 

:bc:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

No it’s out in the shed. Hasn’t been started since I bought the 14 freeride a few years ago. Got an extra Slp ceramic single for it too, just need a y-pipe or weld up the holes in the y-pipe I got. Rear suspension needs gone through and weld some cracks in the pto side shock tower. Torque arm cracked it. Had it welded up but I noticed the guy missed some when I was putting it back together.  She’s rode hard. :lol: 

:bc:

Goddamn she really is an old road whore!!🤣🤣👍🏼

18 hours ago, Matt said:

Those ProXes were bomb-proof.  Mine wasn't an Xr but I modified the hell out of mine.  It ripped and other than the time I lunched a trailing arm hitting a tree, it was unbreakable.

One of the few things you had to watch as well was the tie rods.  After lots of miles, the threads where out on the radius rods.

Edited by racer254