Check your account email address ×

Florida and several other states approved $15/hr wage.

Florida will be fine with $15/hr. Heavy tourism and retirees can support it. And retirees don't move there because it's cheap they go for the weather. Retirees on limited fixed income go to places like south carolina, arkansas and such. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Florida will be fine with $15/hr. Heavy tourism and retirees can support it. And retirees don't move there because it's cheap they go for the weather. Retirees on limited fixed income go to places like south carolina, arkansas and such. 

They love the hi humidity.

7 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

They love the hi humidity.

It’s miserable in the summer down there for me. Try to do anything outside and you just roast. I don’t know how anyone could love that.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Edmo said:

It’s miserable in the summer down there for me. Try to do anything outside and you just roast. I don’t know how anyone could love that.

Susks, when I was 17 I worked on an air force base repouring expansion joints on the runways . In June. Left shortly after that job was done.

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yup, that was my point, hiding in a pool or in the air-conditioning by 10:30 am.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

That’s good news. 

Till you have to go thrugh the drive thrugh or pick up your dry cleaning or pay for your orange juice . 15 bucks plus comp and ss and unemployment.  Yeah with no insurance no burger flipper is worth 19 so even more self order kiosks and more automation and less starting opertunitys for guys who want to learn a trade.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yeah summer with the heat and bugs is fucking horrible. 

49 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Till you have to go thrugh the drive thrugh or pick up your dry cleaning or pay for your orange juice . 15 bucks plus comp and ss and unemployment.  Yeah with no insurance no burger flipper is worth 19 so even more self order kiosks and more automation and less starting opertunitys for guys who want to learn a trade.  

So the price of your cup of coffee is going to go up $0.25? Oh noes!

Let it up to the local communities.   Massive difference even inside a county what works and doesn't.

Easy to pass when so many are already above that threshold.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes_fl.htm#00-0000

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Why don’t we pay them zero!!! 

Why not follow Scandinavian countries model.   Let the market decide. 

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Why not follow Scandinavian countries model.   Let the market decide. 

Because your idiot central government mandated a minimum national wage decades ago and never indexed it to inflation.

Just now, f7ben said:

Because your idiot central government mandated a minimum national wage decades ago and never indexed it to inflation.

So it basically acts like there isn't one.  

"Your."  :lol:   

I love when retarded republicans bleat on about letting the market decide while simultaneously defending the fed for literally destroying the last vestiges if any free market we had left 

Edited by f7ben
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Florida will be a good experiment with this, lots of minimum wage jobs.  Will be curious to see how it works out.

absolutely.   It's a state where that $15 can actually be a "living wage" .  2 people working for 15/hr are making $60k a year which in big parts of the state is enough to be able to buy/rent a decent place.   But can the businesses absorb that increase and keep the same number of workers employed.  

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I love when retarded republicans bleat on about letting the market decide while simultaneously defending the fed for literally destroying the last vestiges if any free market we had left 

if you only knew as much as the Cult economic experts here you would understand :news: 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

absolutely.   It's a state where that $15 can actually be a "living wage" .  2 people working for 15/hr are making $60k a year which in big parts of the state is enough to be able to buy/rent a decent place.   But can the businesses absorb that increase and keep the same number of workers employed.  

If people could see how much public housing costs us they would support the raised MW.