Check your account email address ×

Very serious situation' unfolding in Europe, WHO warns, as cases rise dramatically

Mainecat

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Why is it that everyone seems to forget this little fact?

That is exactly the fact. There is no vaccine, there is no cure, "face coverings" help in reducing the amount of germs you expel and leave behind to infect others. That's all, too bad somebody let their germs out to infect you. ACE hasn't packed up the family and intentionally contracted it yet despite encouraging everyone else to. He's such a Poser. 

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

With increased testing will come increased positive results.   The focus should be on hospitalization and mortality of those without "pre-existing" conditions.   Neither of these are occurring at significant rates.

Testing in Ontario has gone up by 10-12%, the infection rate has tripled. No surprise really with all the additional allowable exposures

4 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

Its a harmless flu to most Tinker.  Has the death rate jumped up 10 to 12%??

I'm pretty sure 100% of the dead people died.

I Dunno about the death rate, I do know if the infection rate was 0, the resulting death rate would be 0. I think I've had it but again I'm not gonna go around potentially infecting anyone

EDIT* I think the hospitalization rate has actually gone down, presumably the virus is losing strength but YTF not continue to protect yourself and others ? That's fucked up

Edited by Tinker

4 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I Dunno about the death rate, I do know if the infection rate was 0, the resulting death rate would be 0. I think I've had it but again I'm not gonna go around potentially infecting anyone

EDIT* I think the hospitalization rate has actually gone down, presumably the virus is losing strength but YTF not continue to protect yourself and others ? That's fucked up

You're right the dead people died, all 9196 of them as of today in a country of over 37 million people.  Are you planning on taking the vaccine if one comes out?

5 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

You're right the dead people died, all 9196 of them as of today in a country of over 37 million people.  Are you planning on taking the vaccine if one comes out?

Yes. I'd take it before wanting my kids to get it to be safe, same as H1N1 or whatever those bad flu's were. I don't get annual Flu shots and have almost never had the flu, I was sick as fuck after a flu shot a few years back, never again.

And why is it only 9196 ??

Edited by Tinker

1 minute ago, Tinker said:

Yes. I'd take it before wanting my kids to get it to be safe, same as H1N1 or whatever those bad flu's were. I don't get annual Flu shots and have almost never had the flu, I was sick as fuck after a flu shot a few years back, never again.

So why on earth would you get one for this?  Only because your're scared your kids may get it?

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

their results are not great.  Non ones results are great and that is OK. 

we didn't stop the world for other viruses there is no reason we are on month 6 of shutdowns for this one even if it more invasive.   2 weeks to flatten the curve is now going to be 8 months till the elections over.  

Not true there results are great!! They have less deaths and overall cases than Michigan which has roughly the same population. 

Just now, jtssrx said:

Not true there results are great!! They have less deaths and overall cases than Michigan which has roughly the same population. 

yeah but Michigan is full of fat fucks and half are a combination of black, poor as dirt, and have no access to healthcare. 

Just now, frenchy said:

yeah but Michigan is full of fat fucks and half are a combination of black, poor as dirt, and have no access to healthcare. 

Even if that was true the simple fact that Sweden does have hundreds of thousands dead with millions who of infections proves lock downs and masks don’t do squat. If you were right they would at least have had millions of Infected  with many Surviving with Asymptomatic infections

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Even if that was true the simple fact that Sweden does have hundreds of thousands dead with millions who of infections proves lock downs and masks don’t do squat. If you were right they would at least have had millions of Infected  with many Surviving with Asymptomatic infections

Crickets 🦗 

2 hours ago, Renegade X said:

So why on earth would you get one for this?  Only because your're scared your kids may get it?

I don't think the Flu is gonna kill me, or family or friends. If there is to be a legitimate treatment for this China Virus I wouldn't get the vaccine. Both are unknowns right now and I don't think this is 1 virus anymore either. A vaccine is not going to prevent you from spreading this shit either. 

My kids are working young adults now and if they want the vaccine I would get it first to prove it's safe .

Edited by Tinker

43 minutes ago, Tinker said:

I don't think the Flu is gonna kill me, or family or friends. If there is to be a legitimate treatment for this China Virus I wouldn't get the vaccine. Both are unknowns right now and I don't think this is 1 virus anymore either. A vaccine is not going to prevent you from spreading this shit either. 

My kids are working young adults now and if they want the vaccine I would get it first to prove it's safe .

Thats good of you.  My kids are young and they nor I will be getting it.   Why did you edit your last post asking why is it only 9196 people?

Masks, washing hands, social distancing works to control the spread. Those are simple facts.

The main issues are IMO.

People are tired of not being able to get together with others, in what was before covid, Most social gatherings involve booze..I may have done some things that could be described as reckless, lecherous, and down right dirty while under the influence of the devils soda.

Many businesses will fold very soon if things don't get normalized, That's really bad...but if we don't control the spread it will happen. If not by decree, by people just not going to these businesses for fear of infection.

Kids need to get back to some type of school, normal or not. Not only for their sake, but for parents getting back to work. Busses are as cramped as they were before, because there was no magic pot of buses and drivers... and keeping kids home and learning remotely has been a failure. This was a perfect time to disassemble the current model of school funding, but government has yet to find the testicles to cut funding to the current model and allow parents to use the allotment for home schooling or pods.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade X said:

Thats good of you.  My kids are young and they nor I will be getting it.   Why did you edit your last post asking why is it only 9196 people?

I typed that edit in.

It's only 9196 because of the restrictions, no one knows the #'s without it but the exponential rate of infection and death like Italy was stopped. 

Our #'s are good, it's not the time to open the gates

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Masks, washing hands, social distancing works to control the spread. Those are simple facts.

The main issues are IMO.

People are tired of not being able to get together with others, in what was before covid, Most social gatherings involve booze..I may have done some things that could be described as reckless, lecherous, and down right dirty while under the influence of the devils soda.

Many businesses will fold very soon if things don't get normalized, That's really bad...but if we don't control the spread it will happen. If not by decree, by people just not going to these businesses for fear of infection.

Kids need to get back to some type of school, normal or not. Not only for their sake, but for parents getting back to work. Busses are as cramped as they were before, because there was no magic pot of buses and drivers... and keeping kids home and learning remotely has been a failure. This was a perfect time to disassemble the current model of school funding, but government has yet to find the testicles to cut funding to the current model and allow parents to use the allotment for home schooling or pods.

Kids here are in school, I see the school bus go down my road almost every day when I'm here. I see some folks wearing masks in stores but probably less then half now..local restaurants wife & I have been too recently had 2 -6 wearing  masks, most don't.

Odd though, a good friend of mine and his wife who have a home on this Lake are adamant about wearing masks, they go no where unless they are wearing them, both got Covid a couple weeks ago, the husband was on a respirato,r not a ventilator,  both are back home and fine now, he said it was very difficult to breath and had a spot on 1 Lung, I know he has heart issues and has 3 stents for many years now, he's probably 62-69 years old. So anyhow lot of good the Masks did for those 2.

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

very hard to infect enough that herd immunity through natural spread will solve this. We prob should introduce the virus like Cuomo did in NY nursing homes to cull the weak and seed the immunity.  

2.5 million Americans would die at a minimum at the current death rate of 3.7%

5 hours ago, Tinker said:

To you Branch Covidians who keep hanging onto the case death rate, you can cut the death rate to zero by simply stopping testing. 

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

There’s an effective cure that has over a 99% success rate