Check your account email address ×

*** OFFICIAL FS Ontario Vintage Sled Thread ***

Puzzleboy

1 hour ago, Garth said:

A lite I think is a little bigger than what I'm looking for. Think something between a 120 and a lite. Def on the radar in the future though as those can make an ok trail sled. Were they not all direct drive with P90 clutches?

I can wrench without issue so not worried  about the older stuff as long as parts can still be had. Grew up in the country on well worn 60's Olympiques, learned alot as a kid keeping them running..

Not all that is why I said chaincase models use P85. Restrict the throttle inside the carb slide. Plastic sleeve inside slide will hit the top. Remove sleeve and cut a little more off each year giving a little more speed as the kids get used to it. How old are the kids?

I started my kids with a Doo 120 with no front suspension, daughter drove it at age 4 with a string on the tether so I could pull the plug. Then bumped up to the Poo 120 with front suspension and they learned to lean and jump (small lumps on the lake). Then modded the 120 with Thinksno's rear shock install, head shave, stiffer valve springs, carb mod, geraing change and governor removal. Whetherill's has/had lots of parts for it. They could climb the hill adults have trouble with up to the cottage and ride in over a foot of snow on the lake. Next was a minty 340 Lite from Irv with a hose clamp behind the throttle on the H bars and a loose throttle cable until I trusted them. Then an 02 Indy 500 from Pete .  Never lost a cent on any of them keeping them in mint shape and never dealt with old crap sled issues. Jr is 6' tall now at 14, that was quick LoL

18 hours ago, bladefever said:

Not all that is why I said chaincase models use P85. Restrict the throttle inside the carb slide. Plastic sleeve inside slide will hit the top. Remove sleeve and cut a little more off each year giving a little more speed as the kids get used to it. How old are the kids?

My mistake P90 with chaincase. Just looked at my wood hauler 96 indy lite gt.

Cat 120 at age 4, ET300 age7, ZR600 now at 13 for my son.

We restored the ET together, was our first shop project together. I am torn  to keep or sell because of that. It's not getting used, taking up shop[ space, he says sell.

pm me if interested for a great kids sled.

1979 Twin special, has tach from factory. 2800 orig km's on the working odometer.

NITH14.jpg

et4.jpg

Edited by lastzrt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bladefever said:

That sweet sound...... of the triple Fugi at full note.......

Yes that's a very clean looking sled. Not many in that condition around these days.

For sure , and looks like just over the border , def worth the drive , and seeing how its an AMAZING winter , there's is no losing riding time , because this winter blows 

'course not.  They either blew up, or handled themselves right into the Birches......

22 hours ago, bladefever said:

That sweet sound...... of the triple Fugi at full note.......

Yes that's a very clean looking sled. Not many in that condition around these days.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:52 AM, Tinker said:

I started my kids with a Doo 120 with no front suspension, daughter drove it at age 4 with a string on the tether so I could pull the plug. Then bumped up to the Poo 120 with front suspension and they learned to lean and jump (small lumps on the lake). Then modded the 120 with Thinksno's rear shock install, head shave, stiffer valve springs, carb mod, geraing change and governor removal. Whetherill's has/had lots of parts for it. They could climb the hill adults have trouble with up to the cottage and ride in over a foot of snow on the lake. Next was a minty 340 Lite from Irv with a hose clamp behind the throttle on the H bars and a loose throttle cable until I trusted them. Then an 02 Indy 500 from Pete .  Never lost a cent on any of them keeping them in mint shape and never dealt with old crap sled issues. Jr is 6' tall now at 14, that was quick LoL

That sled was a labor of love for me, Tinker. I wanted it mechanically and structurally sound as it was going to be my son't first big step up from his Kitty Cat. 

In all honesty, it was tough getting rid of it as I thought my XLT was going to be too big of a jump for him, but in hindsight, I am glad I sold it and it went to a good home. :bc:

Speaking of Vintage sleds. I took these pics of an old Polaris in the back of a pick-up at the Marmora car show last summer or the one before that? Pretty cool, imo. 

HPIM0325 (Large).JPG

HPIM0326 (Large).JPG

HPIM0330 (Large).JPG

HPIM0338 (Large).JPG

HPIM0363 (Large).JPG

HPIM0364 (Large) (2).JPG

HPIM0386 (Large).JPG

HPIM0475 (Medium).JPG

WP_20150723_17_50_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20150723_17_51_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20150723_17_51_24_Pro.jpg

• Like 1