Check your account email address ×

*** OFFICIAL FS Ontario Vintage Sled Thread ***

Puzzleboy

• Platinum Contributing Member

I like how all these old sleds say "Ran before stored" or "Just needs carbs cleaned".....lol

That is a nice 6000 for the money though.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:50 AM, bladefever said:

Seen this Buzzard and Puzzler came to mind.  Looking sweet just a can of Sea foam and some fresh gas. And as they say " off to the races "....

FB_IMG_1483370963919.jpg

Crap it's been sold:

5500 Blizzard_1 - Copy.JPG

(Stopped in the village across from the house)

4 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Probably just trailering to his favourite launch spot, ready for another comfortable, and reliable 500 km day.....

500 klicks! I can't imagine 500 feet.

I did over 500 klicks on my Mach 1 in '92 (Baptiste Lake to Petawawa & back in 1 day). I was as stiff as a board the next day. We went for a short ride the next day & that was painful.

37 minutes ago, revrnd said:

500 klicks! I can't imagine 500 feet.

I did over 500 klicks on my Mach 1 in '92 (Baptiste Lake to Petawawa & back in 1 day). I was as stiff as a board the next day. We went for a short ride the next day & that was painful.

Any amount of mileage on any Ski Doo prior to the Rev chassis was junk, so no surprise really. The old PRS chassis must of been the worst snowmobile ever.

I really liked my 03 Mach 670 .  I mean we can bitch about old sleds handling . But that would be like saying a TXL had great suspension . It was what it was at the time .  I'm sure 15 years from now we will be complaining about how today's sleds handle . 

11 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Any amount of mileage on any Ski Doo prior to the Rev chassis was junk, so no surprise really. The old PRS chassis must of been the worst snowmobile ever.

The PRS was fine WHEN the trails were groomed. Try going thru a whooped out TOP E south of Algonquin w/ about 3" of front shock travel. I have no idea how slow the 3 of us were going, 2 others on Pluses. My next sled was the 440 (F chassis) & that thing was a MAJOR improvement.

33 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

I really liked my 03 Mach 670 .  I mean we can bitch about old sleds handling . But that would be like saying a TXL had great suspension . It was what it was at the time .  I'm sure 15 years from now we will be complaining about how today's sleds handle . 

Well the TXL did.....but the 03 Mach 670 wasn't a PRS and worked OK, actually an 03 was a 700 CK III I think......lol......you seem Puzzled....

Edited by Poncho

5 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

And don't tell me the TXL had a great suspension , lies make baby Jesus cry . 

TXL Indy....not TXL leafer.....different bird. That Indy suspension lead the industry for over 20 years.....so yes it had a great suspension....for the record the TXL leafer had the same type III rear as all Indys. 

53 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I disagree. Did thousands of K in kbec with the Lesters and Brand. on PRS snowmachines Only towed 1 poo. Your age and obvious  hate for donkeys is showing. Sure we had to bring a few in sideways though the hotel room door for repairs but not once did we we have to take a bus back to the truck.Can you say the same.I still have a PRS machine around here and given it's age it would still give you a run in the twistes.:pc:

• Like 1

I call bullshit on that. 

I logged more trouble free and comfy miles on 3 ZX chassis sleds than any old Indy could ever wish for. 

And I got to ride a buddy's ZX a few years ago, after years of riding rider forward Doos..... and it was still comfy, and handled great. 

The Pure Polaris 2-stroke oil in Poncho's new ride is clearly affecting his judgement. 

:)

22 hours ago, Poncho said:

Fixed.

22 hours ago, Poncho said:

TXL Indy....not TXL leafer.....different bird. Polaris never bothered to change that aging IFS suspension for 20 years.....so it's no wonder Ski-Doo took back the market....for the record the TXL leafer had the same type III rear as all Indys. 

1 hour ago, Puzzleboy said:

I call bullshit on that. 

I logged more trouble free and comfy miles on 3 ZX chassis sleds than any old Indy could ever wish for. 

And I got to ride a buddy's ZX a few years ago, after years of riding rider forward Doos..... and it was still comfy, and handled great. 

The Pure Polaris 2-stroke oil in Poncho's new ride is clearly affecting his judgement. 

:)

Now that my friends is comedy.......so what are you driving now...Mr Comfy Butt.....ZX???  Funny how you compare an old Indy to a ZX....an old Indy was actually a better ride, but you wouldn't know that because you never ever had one or for that matter drove one....comedy....good stuff