Denmark is getting hammered by Covid

BOHICA

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Totally untrue

Denmark: 3,315 cases million

Norway: 2,196/million

Finland: 1,536/million

Sweden: 8,555/million. 287% higher than Denmark, 390% higher than Norway and 557% higher than Finland

Now run your math for cases for yesterday’s infections....  not talking overall.  The article in the OP pretty much covers what is happening now

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Good to know.  

Glad to here you're past it.

Thanks.

Not sure what to think as I had mild symptoms and was honestly never very sick.  She did say I could get it again in a couple of months as soon as the antibodies are out of my bloodstream.

Just now, Anler said:

Its a boomer killer

Really taking out more of the invisible generation than the boomers.  Boomers aren't in the homes yet.   TBH i am shocked it hasn't run rampant through where my parents live (Villages)  the way they spread STD's there. Oldest boomers like my dad are just turning 74 but the biggest group are mid to late 60's that haven't been dying at tremendous rates.  

Working in the third hospital this week. No patients in the hallways? ER’s empty?Budgets blown and income down by as much as 40%. This is a strange pandemic ? Why aren’t these hospitals full of people with the Kung Flu? It went from a shortage of ppe,too a shortage of sick people.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Working in the third hospital this week. No patients in the hallways? ER’s empty?Budgets blown and income down by as much as 40%. This is a strange pandemic ? Why aren’t these hospitals full of people with the Kung Flu? It went from a shortage of ppe,too a shortage of sick people.

I guess I should be complaining how trump "downplayed" this whole thing.  Ever notice how most people complaining about his actions have never had it yet?

42 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My wife works in a bunch of different ER's all over WI. What you said is the same for WI. 

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Totally untrue

Sweden: 8,555/million. 287% higher than Denmark, 390% higher than Norway and 557% higher than Finland

Imagine the death toll in the US if Sweden’s approach was used? Holy fuck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Read the article dufus

Sweden’s death toll is 6x that of Denmark. 6000 to 600. This isn’t even an argument. Had the US adopted the Swedish approach it would’ve been an unmitigated nightmare. 

Edited by spin_dry

Just now, spin_dry said:

Sweden’s death toll is 6x that of Denmark. 60000 to 600. This isn’t even an argument. Had the US adopted the Swedish approach it would’ve been an unmitigated nightmare. 

never mind the fact Sweden is far and away healthier and the entire population has access to healthcare. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legend said:

Most people that use the ER are on Badgercare, so yeah I hope the taxpayers get a refund too.

I heard that elective surgeries were for the most part cancelled. It took me 4 weeks from my initial consult to the actual hip replacement surgery to occur. No different than non-covid times. In fact it was probably quicker. The clinic was doing a brisk business while I was there, getting me in and out in 21 hours. 

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Sweden’s death toll is 6x that of Denmark. 6000 to 600. This isn’t even an argument. Had the US adopted the Swedish approach it would’ve been an unmitigated nightmare. 

Covid isn’t over.  It is just ramping up in countries like Denmark...

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, frenchy said:

it's not over in Sweden either, just at a different point in time. 

No it’s not over but Sweden is trending in a way better direction then it’s Nordic neighbors.

where Sweden did fail it is very similar to the way cuomo failed and that is shielding old people.  No place in the world failed in covid as bad as NY with Cuomo and deblasio 

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

Totally untrue

And how does it look in the last month oops 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

1/4 of New York.  But again it is just getting going in those countries that don’t have slighly any hear immunity

Yup. Sweden has a lower death rate than both New York and Quebec 

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Sweden medical professionals said they are doing great.  Most likely have greater immunity then the rest of europe. They are having a lot less cases percentage wise then compared to its Nordic neighbors that locked down

Like scientists said, Sweden’s approach has them way ahead most of the world. The Karen’s around here still cry their eyes out over new cases while Sweden has smooth sailing