Check your account email address ×

ECHO, STIHL, OR HUSQVARNA?

51 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Remove gas cap, dump into container, less than 30 seconds.

I had to dump from one saw to another last week. Kind of a PITA. 

I'll get them all gassed-up and oiled some day........ if I EVAH get the motivation again. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

I had to dump from one saw to another last week. Kind of a PITA. 

I'll get them all gassed-up and oiled some day........ if I EVAH get the motivation again. 

Bigger funnel, I use a 1 gallon funnel to dump fuel, do it on all my 2 stroke equipment if I'm not going to use it for some time.

• Like 1

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Bigger funnel, I use a 1 gallon funnel to dump fuel, do it on all my 2 stroke equipment if I'm not going to use it for some time.

I usually just put STA-BIL stabilizer in all my engines, if I'm gonna let them sit for months. Usually works good. 

Just now, Fireball 440 said:

Have you ever tested it after sitting to see if it seperates?

When I first saw it demo'd they did that, I never have tried it however..I use it and I have had gas smell good and work good after sitting 3 years in plastic cans, used it in a Lawnmower with no issues.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I think I have some Star Tron left. Maybe I'll use it up. 

Get some Mechanic in a Bottle or K100.., startron is just kerosene and does nothing but produce a butt load of carbon as it burns in your engine

Edited by Rigid1
Spelling

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Get some Mechanic in a Bottle or K100.., startron is just kerosene and does nothing but product a butt load of carbon as it burns in your engine

I’m sold on mechanics in a bottle.  It’s all I buy now.:bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Get some Mechanic in a Bottle or K100.., startron is just kerosene and does nothing but produce a butt load of carbon as it burns in your engine

logo-new.jpg

Here at SnowTech we are bombarded each year with box after box of new products for our staff to preview, review and analyze. So when a new bottle of something shows up, we are very skeptical, to say the least. Especially when it comes to additives, oils, anything in a bottle. But every now and then we find one that impresses us, and here we have one of those.
This time we have a fuel additive called “Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment”. This stuff is fairly popular in the marine industry, and being labeled as an enzyme it got our attention.
This Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment basically is a fuel stabilizer. Pour it in and the fuel should remain viable for over a year. This makes it an excellent choice for storage or for engines that are not used every month (which is about the shelf life of most fuel these days).
It also is an excellent counteragent for ethanol fuels, helping to keep water from forming a layer or causing problems. Bacteria, fungi, mold, and yeast have just met their match.

An enzyme is a biochemical catalyst. To catalyze something, the enzyme increases the rate of a chemical reaction.

An enzyme is a biochemical catalyst. To catalyze something, the enzyme increases the rate of a chemical reaction.
Finding an enzyme that reacts with fuel is really cool. With all of the various EPA requirements, one never really knows for sure what they’re pouring into their tank. How fresh is the gas, how much ethanol does it contain, how much water is in there, what is the octane. You just don’t know. Fuel these days is a mixture of hydrocarbons (and other stuff) that consists of molecules of various chain lengths. Long-chain hydrocarbons, short-chain hydrocarbons, and all lengths in between.
The short-chain hydrocarbons are what make up the “light ends” in the fuel, the stuff that vaporizes easily and goes BANG. The long-chain hydrocarbons are the heavy stuff that doesn’t like to burn very well. Ideally, we don’t want too many of either of these, instead it would be nice to have more medium length molecules going into our engines for a more complete burn.

What you will most likely notice is how smoothly an engine will run when using this stuff. The hydrocarbon chain bonding is altered by the enzymes, so we get a more homogonous fuel than we would otherwise. Homogonous means the fuel is going to be composed of a more uniform chain length. Fewer heavy chains means cleaner burning fuel, with less carbon and soot. This product will help to clean carbon (yes, even dirty power valves) and the entire fuel system. The engine will run smoother, start easier, and there should be a slight but true gain in power and efficiency. And what is really cool is it will, to a degree, rejuvenate stale fuel.
Add an ounce of Star Tron for every three gallons for the first dose to shock the system, then back off to an ounce per six gallons. That means an 8 ounce bottle is good for 48 gallons of fuel after the initial treatment.
Add a bottle to start with, and then see what your usage is. If you use the engine all the time the fuel should stay fresh, but as soon as you get to the point the sled or whatever is going to be idle for a while, get some more Star Tron in there. Or, if it is at the end of the season, for sure give it a shot. The ratio isn’t all that critical, we’re told that overdosing isn’t harmful, and adding it every time you add fuel is going to help, but again, if you’re going to burn the fuel up quickly there isn’t going to be as great of a benefit in that you don’t need the stabilizer. Of course, you will still realize the running quality benefit and cleaning action, which is a good thing for power valve applications. Or, if you’re being forced to use 10% ethanol fuel, then adding it every time is going to be a good thing.
Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment comes in several bottle shapes and sizes; the smaller 8 ounce bottles are handy and easy to carry. You will see the difference in your spark plugs and amount of carbon on the power valves, and where you will really see it is in low RPM situations like two-stroke trolling motors. Instead of the rough running chuga-chuga that you’ve been used to, you should notice smoother running and easier starting.
Where can you buy it? Most every marine dealer carries it, but it is also found in most Wal-Mart stores, Fleet Farm (Wisconsin based) and can also be ordered on-line (get a case #14308 of six of the 8 ounce bottles). It comes in 8 ounce, 16 ounce, 32 ounce, whatever you want. It is cheaper per ounce in the larger quantities, of course, but you will usually pay about $25 for a 32 ounce bottle (which treats 192 gallons) which comes to about 13 cents per gallon – cheap insurance against fuel related problems.

Edited by XCR1250
  • Like 1

Been using StarTron for many years with no carbon buildup or extra smoking, I don't believe it's made from Kerosene but it's possible it may have some in the formula..SnowTech tested it and the results showed it works great..I've read other test articles (automotive, ATV, Lawn equipment, Marine use, etc.) on it too and they always liked the results.

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:
logo-new.jpg

Here at SnowTech we are bombarded each year with box after box of new products for our staff to preview, review and analyze. So when a new bottle of something shows up, we are very skeptical, to say the least. Especially when it comes to additives, oils, anything in a bottle. But every now and then we find one that impresses us, and here we have one of those.
This time we have a fuel additive called “Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment”. This stuff is fairly popular in the marine industry, and being labeled as an enzyme it got our attention.
This Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment basically is a fuel stabilizer. Pour it in and the fuel should remain viable for over a year. This makes it an excellent choice for storage or for engines that are not used every month (which is about the shelf life of most fuel these days).
It also is an excellent counteragent for ethanol fuels, helping to keep water from forming a layer or causing problems. Bacteria, fungi, mold, and yeast have just met their match.

Finding an enzyme that reacts with fuel is really cool. With all of the various EPA requirements, one never really knows for sure what they’re pouring into their tank. How fresh is the gas, how much ethanol does it contain, how much water is in there, what is the octane. You just don’t know. Fuel these days is a mixture of hydrocarbons (and other stuff) that consists of molecules of various chain lengths. Long-chain hydrocarbons, short-chain hydrocarbons, and all lengths in between.
The short-chain hydrocarbons are what make up the “light ends” in the fuel, the stuff that vaporizes easily and goes BANG. The long-chain hydrocarbons are the heavy stuff that doesn’t like to burn very well. Ideally, we don’t want too many of either of these, instead it would be nice to have more medium length molecules going into our engines for a more complete burn.

What you will most likely notice is how smoothly an engine will run when using this stuff. The hydrocarbon chain bonding is altered by the enzymes, so we get a more homogonous fuel than we would otherwise. Homogonous means the fuel is going to be composed of a more uniform chain length. Fewer heavy chains means cleaner burning fuel, with less carbon and soot. This product will help to clean carbon (yes, even dirty power valves) and the entire fuel system. The engine will run smoother, start easier, and there should be a slight but true gain in power and efficiency. And what is really cool is it will, to a degree, rejuvenate stale fuel.
Add an ounce of Star Tron for every three gallons for the first dose to shock the system, then back off to an ounce per six gallons. That means an 8 ounce bottle is good for 48 gallons of fuel after the initial treatment.
Add a bottle to start with, and then see what your usage is. If you use the engine all the time the fuel should stay fresh, but as soon as you get to the point the sled or whatever is going to be idle for a while, get some more Star Tron in there. Or, if it is at the end of the season, for sure give it a shot. The ratio isn’t all that critical, we’re told that overdosing isn’t harmful, and adding it every time you add fuel is going to help, but again, if you’re going to burn the fuel up quickly there isn’t going to be as great of a benefit in that you don’t need the stabilizer. Of course, you will still realize the running quality benefit and cleaning action, which is a good thing for power valve applications. Or, if you’re being forced to use 10% ethanol fuel, then adding it every time is going to be a good thing.
Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment comes in several bottle shapes and sizes; the smaller 8 ounce bottles are handy and easy to carry. You will see the difference in your spark plugs and amount of carbon on the power valves, and where you will really see it is in low RPM situations like two-stroke trolling motors. Instead of the rough running chuga-chuga that you’ve been used to, you should notice smoother running and easier starting.
Where can you buy it? Most every marine dealer carries it, but it is also found in most Wal-Mart stores, Fleet Farm (Wisconsin based) and can also be ordered on-line (get a case #14308 of six of the 8 ounce bottles). It comes in 8 ounce, 16 ounce, 32 ounce, whatever you want. It is cheaper per ounce in the larger quantities, of course, but you will usually pay about $25 for a 32 ounce bottle (which treats 192 gallons) which comes to about 13 cents per gallon – cheap insurance against fuel related problems.

Cool, your old snowtech article you always post. You do the test I told you to do about 100 times yet?? Cuz you would never put that stuff in an engine again if you did

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Been using StarTron for many years with no carbon buildup or extra smoking, I don't believe it's made from Kerosene but it's possible it may have some in the formula..SnowTech tested it and the results showed it works great..I've read other test articles (automotive, ATV, Lawn equipment, Marine use, etc.) on it too and they always liked the results.

Dude, the msds sheet says it's kerosene.. put water in it, light it on fire..see what happens..ffs.. snowtech says it's great..

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Cool, your old snowtech article you always post. You do the test I told you to do about 100 times yet?? Cuz you would never put that stuff in an engine again if you did

After good results that I've had for over 12 years when using it I'm convinced it's 1 of the best fuel additives you can purchase, I use it in dozens of gas powered devices I own.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

After good results that I've had for over 12 years when using it I'm convinced it's 1 of the best fuel additives you can purchase, I use it in dozens of gas powered devices I own.

Honest question, do you buy it over the counter or has your shop been a distributor for star tron?

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Dude, the msds sheet says it's kerosene.. put water in it, light it on fire..see what happens..ffs.. snowtech says it's great..

Wasn't just SnowTech, many other articles on it thru the years, all were 100% in favor of it, do some research..

After all the years I've used it in 4 Boats, 7 Sleds, chainsaws, Generator, weed wackers, Summer stored plow truck, etc. Not once have I ever had any issues using it.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

Honest question, do you buy it over the counter or has your shop been a distributor for star tron?

Wife works at Walmart, that's where I buy it, I have sold it here too but that was some years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

It's literally the worst..

Put water in it, let us know when the Enzymes eat the water..:lol:Come on, you fell for an infomercial..

There is a reason the DOD is the largest buyer of MIB, the second is VP Fuels..

FUEL ADDITIVES

Star Tron Fuel Treatment Review

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment

Star Tron makes a great fuel additive that is enzyme based. The Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment comes in a concentrated formula. A 32 oz bottle will treat over 500 gallons.

The Star Tron additive helps eliminate problems created by ethanol. It will prevent the fuel separating brought on by the alcohol content in ethanol.

It can help keep fuel fresh for up to 24 months and even has the capability to enhance or rejuvenate old fuel. This is very important, especially with motorcycles, boats, or vehicle which are not driven often.

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment has an amazing ability to clean fuel components and improve emissions. It will dissolve carbon deposits on carburetors, injectors, and valves.

Star Tron is safe to use on all engines. Whether you have a small engine, large engine, or even if it is a 2-stroke or 4-stroke, Star Tron fuel additive is right for you.

5 Best Boat Engine Fuel Additives (Reviews Updated 2020)

April 11, 2020

Table of Contents

Maintenance of a boat engine is an important part of keeping a boat running smoothly. Regular checks and services prevent the engine from seizing up or breaking, resulting in potentially expensive and time consuming repairs. Boat engine fuel additives help to keep an engine healthy and running smoothly by providing certain chemicals which the engine requires.

BEST BOAT ENGINE FUEL ADDITIVES

Here are our Boat Engine Fuel Additives reviews.

1. FUEL OX COMPLETE FUEL TREATMENT AND COMBUSTION CATALYST

Fuel Ox Complete Fuel Treatment And Combustion Catalyst

The Fuel Ox Complete Fuel Treatment and Combustion Catalyst is a high quality boat engine fuel additive designed to improve the health of an engine. This product cuts regenerations and emissions. It provides an earlier ignition and through burn of fuel.

• Lubricates & cleans engine
  • Protects against ethanol
  • Increases fuel economy by 10%
Check Price on Amazon

2. STAR TRON ENZYME FUEL TREATMENT

Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment

The Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment is a protective additive for boat engine fuel. This additive is composed of a formula which promises to stabilize gasoline for up to 2 years. It promotes smooth running of a boats engine.

• Prevents phase separation
  • Promotes easy engine starting
  • Cures & prevents ethanol problems
Check Price on Amazon

3. MERCURY MARINE QUICKLEEN ENGINE AND FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Mercury Marine Quickleen Engine And Fuel System Cleaner

The Mercury Marine Quickleen Engine and Fuel System Cleaner is a deep cleaning boat engine fuel additive. This formula is usable throughout the boating season. 1 Ounce of this additive treats 5 gallons of fuel.

• Aggressive cleaning thoroughly removes carbon deposits
  • Extends spark plug life
  • Prevents engine knocking
Check Price on Amazon

4. YAMAHA OUTBOARD RING FREE PLUS FUEL ADDITIVE

Yamaha Outboard Ring Free Plus Fuel Additive

The Yamaha Outboard Ring Free Plus Fuel Additive is a thoroughly cleaning boat engine fuel additive from a reputable company. This additive provides superior deposit control. It therefore promotes performance of the boats engine.

• Contains metal filmers for extra protection
  • Cleans fuel injectors
  • Supports intake valves
Check Price on Amazon

5. STA-BIL 360 MARINE FUEL STABILIZER

Sta Bil 360 Marine Fuel Stabilizer

The STA-BIL 360 Marine Fuel Stabilizer is a high quality additive for boat engine fuel. This product is available in a variety of sizes. It is also compatible with a range of engine types making it a versatile additive.

• Top water removing properties
  • Prevents corrosion
  • 1 oz teats 10 gallons of fuel

5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Wasn't just SnowTech, many other articles on it thru the years, all were 100% in favor of it, do some research..

After all the years I've used it in 4 Boats, 7 Sleds, chainsaws, Generator, weed wackers, Summer stored plow truck, etc. Not once have I ever had any issues using it.

Ffs, do some research?? I've fucking tested it hundreds of times, made a video, have told you how to fucking test it but you won't..but you read a few fucking articles?? Seriously??

Go put some water in it, that water will be there till the end of time. 

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

It's literally the worst..

Put water in it, let us know when the Enzymes eat the water..:lol:Come on, you fell for an infomercial..

There is a reason the DOD is the largest buyer of MIB, the second is VP Fuels..

Dozens of articles on how well it works, easy to find them, but you believe everyone's lying..seriously if I thought it was junk do you believe I would use it in my 860 hp Hydro, my 314 hp $11,000 engine drag sled, my 225 HP Ranger boat? No I would buy whatever works best no matter the price..this stuff has been amazing, I have had gas which is 3 years old and it still smelled and burned like new..

• Like 1