Check your account email address ×

Hell froze over.

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they should be banned,  they really are an eyesore.   allow them 2 weeks before a primary and the election and fine those who have them out any other time.  

More govt. control.  Brilliant!!!!!1111

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they should be banned,  they really are an eyesore.   allow them 2 weeks before a primary and the election and fine those who have them out any other time.  

Need I remind you of the first amendment? 

12 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Only a fucking idiot would have a political sign in today’s climate. Makes perfect sense that most would be trump signs. 

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Yeah might as well say break my windows.

Exactly why you can't trust the polls.  

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

there is nothing wrongs with regulating the appearance of a community.  it is in everyones best interest to not have it be an eyesore.  

Slippery slope when it comes to speech.   Its one thing buying a lot in a home owners association to regulate it but completely another when it comes to whole communities.   

Appearance and speech would need to be separated.  

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Slippery slope when it comes to speech.   Its one thing buying a lot in a home owners association to regulate it but completely another when it comes to whole communities.   

Appearance and speech would need to be separated.  

setting reasonable timeframes for political signs just makes sense.  they look like shit littering every fucking corner

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

setting reasonable timeframes for political signs just makes sense.  they look like shit littering every fucking corner

Not that I don't somewhat agree its just hard to limit speech and a political sign is just that.   Imagine them trying to say you can't fly a Packer or Bear flag during the summer.    Like I said whether or not it makes sense isn't the point and it just would lead to more of the same which I think is a slippery slope I wouldn't want to see happen.   

Edited by Highmark

14 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I saw my first Biden/Harris sign today, probably went past a 100 for Trump..

Only Biden sign i have seen was in auburn at my sister's  house, brother in law  is a life long dem, was going to stick a trump sticker on his car but didn't want him to burn down his neighborhood 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Not that I don't somewhat agree its just hard to limit speech and a political sign is just that.   Imagine them trying to say you can't fly a Packer or Bear flag during the summer.    Like I said whether or not it makes sense isn't the point and it just would lead to more of the same which I think is a slippery slope I wouldn't want to see happen.   

flying a flag is IMO far less of an eyesore than the signs stuck in the ground.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

flying a flag is IMO far less of an eyesore than the signs stuck in the ground.  

So be it but they are both speech and I'd prefer neither infringed as long as they are not vulgar in nature.  :bc:

9 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

there is nothing wrongs with regulating the appearance of a community.  it is in everyones best interest to not have it be an eyesore.  

I assume that would apply to BML signs as well?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Only Biden sign i have seen was in auburn at my sister's  house, brother in law  is a life long dem, was going to stick a trump sticker on his car but didn't want him to burn down his neighborhood 

How well do you like the guy.  I'd think it'd be a good way to move him out of family functions, assuming they even show up.  

Edited by racinfarmer

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

How well do you like the guy.  I'd think it'd be a good way to move him out of family functions, assuming they even show up.  

We go 50 years as my sister is 15 years older than I and we have always been able to discuss politics but after 2016 he sounds like MCboohoo and politics is not brought up any longer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out here they put signs on every major intersection. Old Sheriff Joe was running for office again (lost his primary) and someone went around spray painting swastikas on his signs. 

I'm no fan of sheriff Joe but that's a tactic of the radical left. Really don't want them in AZ. WI had way too many of them. It's so much nicer out here without the stupid political gamesmanship that's become a constant presence in WI. 

Neighbor up the street has had a Biden sign out for two months. He's the type who drives around with "Resist" stickers on his vehicles. Nobody bothers him about it and my suburb is very red.