Check your account email address ×

The very definition of Spot On

British Writer Pens The Best Description Of Trump I’ve Read

Nate White
“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:
A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief. 

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty. 

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness. 

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man. 

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum. God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

TBH WGAF what the brits think of him.  He is supposed to serve Americans not pompous asses in europe.

I simply think the description was as accurate as anything I’ve ever read

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Bottom line, it's either him or Joe Biden. 

Pick your poison. 

They are both absolute trash but I’d rather listen to Biden than Trump and Trump supporters are the fucking dumbest cunts alive

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I simply think the description was as accurate as anything I’ve ever read

You want some spot on? This was written and posted today by a friend of mine. Dude has always been a gifted writer but holy fuck does he nail this. 

I was a member of the Republican Party for 26 years. During that time I worked on nearly two dozen campaigns at local, state and federal levels. Consulted for state legislators and a governor. Helped develop and write messages for federal office holders in both of the people’s houses. I even worked on two Presidential campaigns. I held a position in a Republican Executive Committee for 4 years and worked with party outreach organizations during that entire time.
I say all of this not as a way to prop up my resume. Instead, it is a precursor to say that the Republican Party no longer has a discernible identity. I don’t know what they stand for outside of pointless one liners and saying no to every idea anyone has that is not their own, all while having not a single idea that is original anymore.
As I watch this convention I realize that the Republican Party is dead. Conservatism is dead. Responsibility is dead. The party has become the worst possible mass of snarling Hobbesian beasts. It isn’t conservative, don’t be fooled by the snake oil populists. It isn’t conservative, don’t be fooled by the orange skinned huckster. It isn’t conservative, don’t be fooled by the carnival barkers that have taken the podium during the last two evenings. Don’t be fooled, those that support this dreck are fool enough for all of us.
Base hypocrisy has run amok in recent times. Today’s Republicans say things like “if the man followed orders or commands to stop what he was doing he would still be alive”. All while refusing to understand that unabashed government abuse of power is the least conservative principle one can hold. The equation of hypocrisy is continued as the same people refuse to wear a mask to potentially save the lives of the elderly, or the vulnerable, or the loved ones of others. A black man can die in the streets at the hands of government because he didn’t follow an order, but the old and sick can die when I refuse to wear a mask...because, freedom.
Hypocrisy as a reflection of ignorance is fine, the world is full of it. Hypocrisy that manifests in felonious morality and atavistic reemergence is dangerous. Creating dystopian norms in the name of America is repugnant to our ethos, our foundations, our very being.
The necessity to vanquish these ideas before they spread any further has never been any clearer. I hope the day when they are gone draws near.

Edited by Anler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

They are both absolute trash but I’d rather listen to Biden than Trump and Trump supporters are the fucking dumbest cunts alive

I somewhat agree, but I'm up quite a few dollar bills so far this year in the market, so I guess I will go with Trump, maybe not even bother to vote. 

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Rather listen to Biden? :lol:  Here's a hint, don't listen to any of em.

Then, kill yerselph!

1 minute ago, hayward said:

Rather listen to Biden? :lol:  Here's a hint, don't listen to any of em.

Then, kill yerselph!

How do you tune out the leader of the free world...I didn’t mean listen to as in follow commands. I meant actually hearing the fucking morons

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Even worse than these losers? They'll be pulling the trigger for Biden.

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

How do you tune out the leader of the free world...I didn’t mean listen to as in follow commands. I meant actually hearing the fucking morons

I turn anyone wanting to blow smoke up my ass off.  I don't have time for it.  Only thing i've enjoyed over the past 3.5 years or so, is sound bites of Trump deliberately pissing someone off.  Can't stand to listen to the guy, but i'll gladly read something he's said or posted that pisses off a snowflake.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Even worse than these losers? They'll be pulling the trigger for Biden.

I think anyone will be hard pressed to find any Trump supporter behave like that after he loses in November.  Someone please bring it to my attention when they find it, and i'll admit I was wrong.

14 minutes ago, hayward said:

I think anyone will be hard pressed to find any Trump supporter behave like that after he loses in November.  Someone please bring it to my attention when they find it, and i'll admit I was wrong.

I've already asked a few of the resident libtards here to show me proof of Republicans crying after losing an election........... nothing but crickets. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

You want some spot on? This was written and posted today by a friend of mine. Dude has always been a gifted writer but holy fuck does he nail this. 

That was fucking garbage.  :lol: 

26 minutes ago, hayward said:

many of them will be here acting just like that

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I’m sure you struggled with it being you didn’t understand 1/3rd of the words he used

Sure Ben.  It sounds no different a 1000 other hand wringing opinion pieces by a traditional hack politician who can’t wrap his brain around why Trump got elected in the first place, and why he’ll be re elected.  Do you actually think repeating “Trump supporters are brain dead cunts” 18x a day has an impact on anyone?  

10 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sure Ben.  It sounds no different a 1000 other hand wringing opinion pieces by a traditional hack politician who can’t wrap his brain around why Trump got elected in the first place, and why he’ll be re elected.  Do you actually think repeating “Trump supporters are brain dead cunts” 18x a day has an impact on anyone?  

I’m not trying to have an impact...I just like to hear myself speak!!!

• Haha 1

Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:
A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace

They don’t even know him these are all perceptions based on biases opinions. They all loved Obama and he’s a big an asshole as Trump.