Check your account email address ×

Love my union

7 hours ago, Anler said:

Yeah but smarter than your average worker to have any success. Companies will keep valuable workers around and let the dummies go when the job is over. Most unions understand the threat nowadays and don't defend the lazy beat offs. 

You are talking about skilled trade unions. They are very different from a union such as the auto workers.

Just now, ManOnManOral said:

You are talking about skilled trade unions. They are very different from a union such as the auto workers.

Uaw represents a lot of skilled trades as well. The electricians in the GM plant in Ft Wayne made pretty close to what we did in the steel mill. We got bigger bonuses and a huge 401k match and they got a pension 

Just now, f7ben said:

Uaw represents a lot of skilled trades as well. The electricians in the GM plant in Ft Wayne made pretty close to what we did in the steel mill. We got bigger bonuses and a huge 401k match and they got a pension 

I was referring to line work. You know, all the jobs pretty much anyone can learn in a week, but pay well because of the union. The ones that protect lazy people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

I was referring to line work. You know, all the jobs pretty much anyone can learn in a week, but pay well because of the union. The ones that protect lazy people.

I know....those people need jobs too. I want everyone to make a living wage and have a job. It not about what a person is worth....it’s about whether or not we value a strong middle class as a society 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I know....those people need jobs too. I want everyone to make a living wage and have a job. It not about what a person is worth....it’s about whether or not we value a strong middle class as a society 

The real issue is we allow low wage countries to compete freely.how can we make cars here when a line worker costs 70 bucks an hour and a Mexican doing the same work costs 12. 

3 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

The real issue is we allow low wage countries to compete freely.how can we make cars here when a line worker costs 70 bucks an hour and a Mexican doing the same work costs 12. 

And that’s the entire issue....the never ending insatiable lust for corporate profits placed above having a strong labor class.

6 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

How does one put the genie back in the bottle? Reagan fucked us all. 

There is no way forward ....our entire global economic system is driven by a never ending debt cycle. I’m just an idiot but I don’t see it ending well for anyone lower on the food chain than those that own yachts and islands. I’m happy with my station in life ....it’s my grandkids and their children I worry for 

31 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Yes I know I think I said as much. 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There is no way forward ....our entire global economic system is driven by a never ending debt cycle. I’m just an idiot but I don’t see it ending well for anyone lower on the food chain than those that own yachts and islands. I’m happy with my station in life ....it’s my grandkids and their children I worry for 

We get these out of state fucks going after our work. The company they work for hourly rate in 10$ less than ours. Their burden rate is $40 less than ours. The companies are making the coin,while screwing the Billy’s from down south. Save the Union bull shit. Look what these none union big companies are charging per hour and what they are compensated their employees. But but the unions are greedy.......

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

We get these out of state fucks going after our work. The company they work for hourly rate in 10$ less than ours. Their burden rate is $40 less than ours. The companies are making the coin,while screwing the Billy’s from down south. Save the Union bull shit. Look what these none union big companies are charging per hour and what they are compensated their employees. But but the unions are greedy.......

Yup....seen it first hand. My non union employer treated me like gold but they would hire ratty contractors at right to work wages for the employees and the bids were always close. Of course the scabs would do some cowboy shit when no one was looking and the company loved that

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, Snake said:

Well, finally had to have the union 'represent' me at work yesterday.

Something happened Wednesday night (a procedural mistake, immaterial to the point).

Boss gave a whole speech in front of the center about it. Then the steward comes up to me and says I was the guilty party.

"They wanted to give you a written warning, I talked them down to a verbal."

Walk in. Tear both management AND the union rep by showing I followed all procedures and one of the fuckups could not have been mine.

Management says, okay, that's it. No worries.

The fucking union never even asked for my story, never asked for my side. Simply negotiated a punishment and called it good.

Until you live it, don't think unions are the greatest thing ever. They will sell you down the road quick as anyone.

Sounds like you have a shitty shop Stewart. .....those warnings(verbal or written) are pretty much meaningless anyway.  Just scare talk..  I have yet to see anyone terminated from too many warning letters.  Seen a couple guys get a few days off from some offenses but that's about the extreme. 

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Sounds like you have a shitty shop Stewart. .....those warnings(verbal or written) are pretty much meaningless anyway.  Just scare talk..  I have yet to see anyone terminated from too many warning letters.  Seen a couple guys get a few days off from some offenses but that's about the extreme. 

I got my share. Just the idea of it all.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Yup it’s nice where I live 

It like a colder dumber more desolate version of MN without the lakes ....and apparently the inhabitants are all fucking idiots!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

It like a colder dumber more desolate version of MN without the lakes ....and apparently the inhabitants are all fucking idiots!  

But we have lakes.. and the nicest trails in the prairies. And hills.  And desolate is fantastic