Check your account email address ×

Gov. Tony Evers declares public health emergency, issues statewide mask mandate

All I saw were plates on cars from Illinois when Wisconsin rolled back the stay at home orders.  Maybe this will make the out of state people think twice before they come to Wisconsin to escape their own "paradise".

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I don’t disagree....this entire thing is about making the rich richer and destroying the middle class

Well sort of. People are capitalizing on it. But everything any govt is doing is reactionary 

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

Well sort of. People are capitalizing on it. But everything any govt is doing is reactionary 

This appears planned. Look at the massive transfer of wealth that just occurred 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Every single thing financially that’s occurred has been carefully planned 

And yet you still push for the stimulus.  FFS, I have been trying to explain this for years.

Just now, racer254 said:

And yet you still push for the stimulus.  FFS, I have been trying to explain this for years.

Listen you stupid cocksucker.....I have been railing against all forms of stimulus for over a decade. 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Listen you stupid cocksucker.....I have been railing against all forms of stimulus for over a decade. 

Great, welcome to the side of personal responsibility.  You for cutting taxes now as well?

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Great, welcome to the side of personal responsibility.  You for cutting taxes now as well?

Let’s get this through your skull

The rich are getting trillions of dollars and there is no politician out there who opposes it. The fed reserve banking cabal runs this world and Donald Trump has been begging them for QE since day one of his presidency 

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Boom. Heads explode. :lol: 

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, a Republican from Juneau, said Evers may have opened himself to legal challenges. Fitzgerald also said he is gauging the interest of his caucus in reconvening the Legislature and voting down the order.

“Masks are fine, but we don’t need statewide mandates telling us what to do. Many people are wearing masks already,” Fitzgerald said in a statement.

Rick Esenberg, president of the conservative Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty, which has sued Evers several times, said the governor “lacks the legal authority” to issue the order. Esenberg stopped short of promising a lawsuit, saying he was reviewing it.

Republican state Sen. Steve Nass, one of the Legislature’s most conservative members, called for lawmakers to meet in an emergency session to kill the order, which he called “illegal and unnecessary.” Evers said he would welcome the Legislature meeting to address the pandemic, which it hasn’t done since mid-April. But he said it was a “sad commentary” that Nass wanted to reconvene just to kill the mask order.

19 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Welcome to New England two months ago.

really because I haven't worn a mask but a handful of times in the last 4 months.  going into restaurants and getting my haircut was it before the stores put restrictions into place the last 10 days or so.  

18 hours ago, f7ben said:

I don’t disagree....this entire thing is about making the rich richer and destroying the middle class

And destroying the middle class benefits the rich in what way?

Think about this, the rich need the middle class to spend money :news: