Check your account email address ×

FSCE BOAT THREAD!!!

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Riiiight.... What is it Ben? From that angle it does not look like a skater.

23 Daytona currently rigged with 2.4 efi Bridgeports. 

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have a few Bridgeport engines. Say it with me.....Tony Brucatto.

I believe I’m going to sell them. They seem to be pretty high maintenance and the current owner said they were so loud his wife wouldnt ride in the boat lol

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

We had a 23 Daytona with a gas turbine back in the day. Eliminator makes a nice boat.

Tell me more about the hull....I’ve read everything I can and there isn’t a ton out there on the 23. This hull is a 90 or 91

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tell me more about the hull....I’ve read everything I can and there isn’t a ton out there on the 23. This hull is a 90 or 91

The few I have been in were balsa core boats which made them pretty light and ridgid. Not a top end boat like a skater but not prone to swapping ends like a skater. The best advice I can give (which you will ignore like a Pollock) is that tunnels hide problems. Also they don't like mid speeds. They can hump until they get on top of the air around 50 or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

The few I have been in were balsa core boats which made them pretty light and ridgid. Not a top end boat like a skater but not prone to swapping ends like a skater. The best advice I can give (which you will ignore like a Pollock) is that tunnels hide problems. Also they don't like mid speeds. They can hump until they get on top of the air around 50 or so.

They are center pod tunnels so not true tunnels like a skater so not top speed machines. From what I’ve read they are well built and pretty stable up to decent speeds. Guy says this one does 83-84 gps with 2 adults and there is more in the setup.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Oh good God NO!

I’d like to see 100 on a glory run and I think that amount of power would get it there without having to trim it sky high

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

They are center pod tunnels so not true tunnels like a skater so not top speed machines. From what I’ve read they are well built and pretty stable up to decent speeds. Guy says this one does 83-84 gps with 2 adults and there is more in the setup.

I’d like to see 100 on a glory run and I think that amount of power would get it there without having to trim it sky high

Alan Stoker is one of my favorite boat people. He designed and built the SST or Stoker sport tunnel. The SST is one the most successful hulls to ever race the Parker Enduro having one more than just about any hull I can think of. The problem is Alan and his family had argument with Mercury marine in the 70s and have run OMC crap ever since. While the SST hull has won a bunch of races Alan has not. And to be clear Alan is not a good driver he is a great driver. Don't join the OMC cult! It will just drain your wallet and break your heart. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Alan Stoker is one of my favorite boat people. He designed and built the SST or Stoker sport tunnel. The SST is one the most successful hulls to ever race the Parker Enduro having one more than just about any hull I can think of. The problem is Alan and his family had argument with Mercury marine in the 70s and have run OMC crap ever since. While the SST hull has won a bunch of races Alan has not. And to be clear Alan is not a good driver he is a great driver. Don't join the OMC cult! It will just drain your wallet and break your heart. 

This boat comes with a pair of 99 225 promax motors as well .....I had planned to sell those also but i might keep them when i see those alien cowls and how awesome they look. One 2.5 is fresh rebuild and one has 200 hours.

I just dont trust these outboards that I dont know the history on so my thoughts were to sell all four of them as they look like they will bring a pretty penny and start with fresh builds that I am 100% confident in 

7 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

What's 2 outboards like that set you back? $10k?

What you expect to get out of the other 4?

Boats are worse than snowmobiles

I’m hoping to get 16-18k out of the 4 that are coming with it. Maybe more

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Wow, really? Nice!

Vermilion is going to love those nice shiny props..........................:bc:

We’ve been having a blast the few times we’ve got up there this year. I’m going to take this out in Lake Superior to the apostles a few times as well on calm days

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We’ve been having a blast the few times we’ve got up there this year. I’m going to take this out in Lake Superior to the apostles a few times as well on calm days

Sounds like fun. We used to go out to the Apostles in my father in laws 21ft Chieftain. We fished up there a lot in the 80's.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

This boat comes with a pair of 99 225 promax motors as well .....I had planned to sell those also but i might keep them when i see those alien cowls and how awesome they look. One 2.5 is fresh rebuild and one has 200 hours.

I just dont trust these outboards that I dont know the history on so my thoughts were to sell all four of them as they look like they will bring a pretty penny and start with fresh builds that I am 100% confident in 

Promax is a nice motor. Will be much quieter than the offshore legs on the 2,4s. I have run stock 225 promax and 2.4 efi on the same hull and they would be close to each other on that hull with a slight nod towards the promax as they have better torque. Bridgeport engines are like dirt bikes they have a power band. When you are on the pipe they rule but every where else they kind of suck.

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’d be interested in one  of the promaxes

6 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

I’d be interested in one  of the promaxes

You can have first dibs. One has zero hours. They have brand new alien cowls and pans and the lower units appear to be torque masters with bobs cones and lwps. I’ll let you know when they are safely back in mn

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

You can have first dibs. One has zero hours. They have brand new alien cowls and pans and the lower units appear to be torque masters with bobs cones and lwps. I’ll let you know when they are safely back in mn

I would be up for a pro max if you have a spare.

Sea Doo seat finally split at the seams, opened right up.

Took it to a guy who did my other seat and my Nytro seat.

Said "3 hours, call it $100."

Amazing how cheap he works.

On a side not, he has been doing this for years. Never advertised and stays busy as hell. Laments no one want to get into it anymore. Dude makes serious bank.