Check your account email address ×

FSCE BOAT THREAD!!!

53 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

bhents not going to keep the thing more than 40-50 hours so he'll dump it off on someone else when the next shiny object comes up.  

It is worse than that.....the boat has two sets of Merc motors that will in stock form push the boat faster than the fishing motor abortions he is making.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

It is worse than that.....the boat has two sets of Merc motors that will in stock form push the boat faster than the fishing motor abortions he is making.

And they are about as reliable as a fucking Arctic cat. I don’t need any Bridgeport motors doing Bridgeport things miles out on big water 

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

And they are about as reliable as a fucking Arctic cat. I don’t need any Bridgeport motors doing Bridgeport things miles out on big water 

Yea I own 3 Bridgeport engines so do share your vast experience with their reliability. Besides I thought you said there were a set of promax 225 engines that were part of the deal?

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Yea I own 3 Bridgeport engines so do share your vast experience with their reliability. Besides I thought you said there were a set of promax 225 engines that were part of the deal?

Yes the pro max motors are spares. The Bridgeports are currently rigged on the boat. All 4 Merc motors are being sold. The Monty motors will be far more reliable than either of the Merc setups

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes the pro max motors are spares. The Bridgeports are currently rigged on the boat. All 4 Merc motors are being sold. The Monty motors will be far more reliable than either of the Merc setups

You don't even understand how stupid this is. 

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

You don't even understand how stupid this is. 

What I understand is every fucking promax  225 I see has been freshened and everyone is always looking for powerheads. I won’t even start on the reputation of the fucking Bridgeport. I’d like to be able to shift my fucking gear case.

I have literally never read a single bad thing about a Monty motor. Not once 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What I understand is every fucking promax  225 I see has been freshened and everyone is always looking for powerheads. I won’t even start on the reputation of the fucking Bridgeport. I’d like to be able to shift my fucking gear case.

I have literally never read a single bad thing about a Monty motor. Not once 

Monty runs a cult Ben. And in this cult Monty is Artic Cat. And that is not picking on Monty he is a good guy but you are skating up hill when you go looking for speed with etec engines.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Monty runs a cult Ben. And in this cult Monty is Artic Cat. And that is not picking on Monty he is a good guy but you are skating up hill when you go looking for speed with etec engines.

They will be carbed 3.3L fishing motors and depending on what options I choose will make 265-300 at the prop. With the piston rod combo I’m buying I could turn them at 8k if I want. They will more than meet my needs I think. I don’t buy into this Merc vs Omc crap. 

Several guys have built variations of this same motor and raved about them. 

I don’t need the boat to run 110+ ....I’ll be happy to find a good all around setup and if it only runs in the 90s with a decent load that’s fine for me. 

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

please for the wife and kids sake get yourself a million plus in life insurance before you start looking to push speed in a boat. 

I think I have close to a million maybe right at a million

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

If I told Ben to go about working on an old tunnel hull the most expensive route with the least amount of return what more could he do than the path he is on.

Well....I’m getting the hull and trailer for free. I’ll have under 10k in my motors. What would you suggest that I do differently 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Well....I’m getting the hull and trailer for free. I’ll have under 10k in my motors. What would you suggest that I do differently 

Get everything home and start working the boat before you go and get more engines.  you have 4 power heads and if I had to guess it would take very little to get them up to snuff. The boat is where I would get started, Electrical, steering, fuel system, trim pumps, Rub rail hardware, tap around with a hammer to see what the hull is like, etc,etc.  I would pull the gearcase on each and look over the seals and change the water pumps. Steering and engine mounts would be next as well as figuring out what exhaust plates and mid section pieces you have. I would give the bridgeports a good looking over, Compression, wiring, install a clear piece of hose between the two heads cross over tube, rotate engine with plugs out, Make sure magnets under flywheel are evenly spaced. Bottom line is I would run the Bridgeports on the hose and if that worked out I would water test them up to about 5k and if that all worked out I would send the injectors out to get flowed before I put the motors under high load. I would go through the promax engines completely with new Gaskets seals and rings as they are cheap and would give you an excellent starting point. the promax engines are better suited for that boat and would go for years to come. They have been making 60 degree v6 mercs for 40 years parts are everywhere and the promax has very few exotic parts compared to the bridgeport........the small block chevy of the outboard world.

2 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Get everything home and start working the boat before you go and get more engines.  you have 4 power heads and if I had to guess it would take very little to get them up to snuff. The boat is where I would get started, Electrical, steering, fuel system, trim pumps, Rub rail hardware, tap around with a hammer to see what the hull is like, etc,etc.  I would pull the gearcase on each and look over the seals and change the water pumps. Steering and engine mounts would be next as well as figuring out what exhaust plates and mid section pieces you have. I would give the bridgeports a good looking over, Compression, wiring, install a clear piece of hose between the two heads cross over tube, rotate engine with plugs out, Make sure magnets under flywheel are evenly spaced. Bottom line is I would run the Bridgeports on the hose and if that worked out I would water test them up to about 5k and if that all worked out I would send the injectors out to get flowed before I put the motors under high load. I would go through the promax engines completely with new Gaskets seals and rings as they are cheap and would give you an excellent starting point. the promax engines are better suited for that boat and would go for years to come. They have been making 60 degree v6 mercs for 40 years parts are everywhere and the promax has very few exotic parts compared to the bridgeport........the small block chevy of the outboard world.

I’ll absolutely be doing all that ....except I’m going to start with two brand new properly built OMC motors and I’m cashing out of the Merc stuff

I have to find some nitro tabs after reading this abortion by Ben. It's giving me chest pains. 

Going all the way to NJ for a 25 year old boat. 

Swapping motors, selling motors, re-building motors..............WHAT COULD GO WRONG!!!!!  

If this homo EVAh gets that boat running on those MonTYS, I will post that Benny is a bad mofo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Benny, today is AUGUST 19th. When do you and your dad leave for NJ?????  

27th of August ....blocks will be headed to Monty before then

If you're capable of driving to NJ and bringing a boat back, re-powering that boat, and running it at triple digits, then you should look into opening a small marina someplace. 

This just strikes me as a project that even a dealership would be challenged to do. 

Like I said, my buddy went from a Mercc 225 to a Yamaha 250, and it cost him a fortune. 

Why don't you VIDEOTAPE EVERYTHING and put it on YOUTUBE? 

You had a YT vid before, do it now. 

24 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

If you're capable of driving to NJ and bringing a boat back, re-powering that boat, and running it at triple digits, then you should look into opening a small marina someplace. 

This just strikes me as a project that even a dealership would be challenged to do. 

Like I said, my buddy went from a Mercc 225 to a Yamaha 250, and it cost him a fortune. 

Why don't you VIDEOTAPE EVERYTHING and put it on YOUTUBE? 

You had a YT vid before, do it now. 

Dude , it’s not a big deal

17E4067F-B67A-423B-93CC-E75357C251B6.jpeg