Check your account email address ×

He’s not playing unless demands are met

What do you think about this? Forcing the school to make changes? I hope they tell him bye bye...

Texas junior linebacker DeMarvion Overshown announced Thursday he will not take part in team activities “until real action is taken and changes are made.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2020/07/02/texas-lb-demarvion-overshown-to-sit-out-until-changes-are-made/%3foutputType=amp

Edited by Edmo

• Platinum Contributing Member
43 minutes ago, Edmo said:

What do you think about this? Forcing the school to make changes? I hope they tell him bye bye...

Texas junior linebacker DeMarvion Overshown announced Thursday he will not take part in team activities “until real action is taken and changes are made.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2020/07/02/texas-lb-demarvion-overshown-to-sit-out-until-changes-are-made/%3foutputType=amp

Something similar happened at OK State and I think Coach Gundy caved.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Something similar happened at OK State and I think Coach Gundy caved.

As the coach, I’d be more than willing to sit down and figure out a way to help make the system work better for him and other people of color. But some of his demands are a little out there. 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

As the coach, I’d be more than willing to sit down and figure out a way to help make the system work better for him and other people of color. But some of his demands are a little out there. 

Right and the OK State issue was that Coach Gundy was seen earring and OAN t shirt on social media and  considering the player complaining is their top flight tailback Gundy groveled.🤣

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Blacks are going to ruin college football now also it appears ... :flush:

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right and the OK State issue was that Coach Gundy was seen earring and OAN t shirt on social media and  considering the player complaining is their top flight tailback Gundy groveled.🤣

Heard about that - but not even sure what Oan is? Seemed like it was petty to me?

12 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Heard about that - but not even sure what Oan is? Seemed like it was petty to me?

Far right news channel and yeah seems a little petty to me as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

OAN is just a basic conservative leaning news-site like countless others...

This old saying is absolutely coming to fruition right before our eyes:

'1st they came for so-called natzees and I did nothing, then they came for the raciss and I did nothing, then they came for the statues and then the flags etc etc. I did nothing. Then they came for anyone speaking out about anything, then they came for those simply defending their own lives-still I did nothing. Then they came for the normie-con hiding in a corner, afraid of being called raciss...

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

OAN is just a basic conservative leaning news-site like countless others...

This old saying is absolutely coming to fruition right before our eyes:

'1st they came for so-called natzees and I did nothing, then they came for the raciss and I did nothing, then they came for the statues and then the flags etc etc. I did nothing. Then they came for anyone speaking out about anything, then they came for those simply defending their own lives-still I did nothing. Then they came for the normie-con hiding in a corner, afraid of being called raciss...

That old saying is well said...

I hope they tell him to fuck off. 

I been tellin' you guyz for 3 years on this site, that BLACK AMERICA is our biggest threat.

DO YA' BELIEVE ME NOW????

Fuck him.  I bet there are 20 guys standing behind him who would love a shot.  WTF is with these student athletes who think they dictate the rules?  Society has raised a generation of pansies and whiners.

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Fuck him.  I bet there are 20 guys standing behind him who would love a shot.  WTF is with these student athletes who think they dictate the rules?  Society has raised a generation of pansies and whiners.

To be fair  they make these schools ALOT of money but this kid at Texas played for two years under the current circumstances and didn’t complain...apparently he and others now feel emboldened but beyond this race issue The NCAA and big time college football and basketball has always been dirty and corrupt.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

To be fair  they make these schools ALOT of money but this kid at Texas played for two years under the current circumstances and didn’t complain...apparently he and others now feel emboldened but beyond this race issue The NCAA and big time college football and basketball has always been dirty and corrupt.

Yeah, I get it, college sports is big money, I just can't care one way or another.  Play.  Don't play.  I just don't think these guys are in any position to be making demands or bringing politics into game, in an already over politicked time.  He'll probably get his way too.

47 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah, I get it, college sports is big money, I just can't care one way or another.  Play.  Don't play.  I just don't think these guys are in any position to be making demands or bringing politics into game, in an already over politicked time.  He'll probably get his way too.

Hey I’m with you on this one and I’m curious to see what the school does.

• Like 1

Me personally, I've had way more than my fill of black America. Thanks to the INTERNET, people like Colin Flaherty, and others, I have seen all I need to see. 

1 hour ago, old indy said:

They could tell him, you accepted a football scholarship, should you choose not to play you will forfeit that scholarship.  good day.

if they had any balls this is what schools would do to players holding out.  

On 7/3/2020 at 12:26 PM, awful knawful said:

Perfect answer to his demands.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, Angry ginger said:

if they had any balls this is what schools would do to players holding out.  

Its time to teach these entitled asshats a lesson. hes not the god he thinks he is.  

Maybe he should have choose a school more to his liking in the first place.   Seems to me he took advantage of the scholarship to attend classes, training table, athletic dorms, multi-million dollar workout facilities, top tier coaches and trainers.  Now this bothers him?  

Edited by Highmark

I say fuck the NFL. Lets see how they feel about having to get real jobs instead of millions of dollars a year to play a game and act like a primadonna.