Check your account email address ×

Government Run Amok In Farm Country

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

But WETLANDS....  Around our area, that "wetland" definition keeps changing and it's all about government wanting control.

No it’s not about government.

2 minutes ago, team ohio said:

They are getting ready to redefine the flood plains in our area based on global warming predictions

It's interesting.  I'm in PA, but on the NJ border.....so been "observing" the NJ beaches for 40+ years.  Have yet to see any land swallowed by the rising seas.  Sea's that by now surely should have begun to rise and force the beach houses back.  Wonder when it will start?  

Edited by Im4snow
  • Like 2

Just now, Im4snow said:

It's interesting.  I'm in PA, but on the NJ border.....so been "observing" the NJ beaches for 40+ years.  Have yet to see any land swallowed by the rising seas.  Sea's that by now surely should have begun to rise and force the beach houses back.  Wonder when it will start?  

They should have started 5000 years ago when the shoreline was 90 miles out to sea. This last bit of glaciers is gonna be the final straw. Not when there was a mile of ice over most of North America. Shake my fking head daily

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, gravy davey said:

Funny the wetland on my property didn’t matter to the DEQ when the gas company wanted to drill a well. The water is within 30 ft of the wellhead 

Ha...funny how that shit works. What gets me is that the government paperwork said that the 80 acres DID NOT contain any wetlands and then even after losing not once but 3 times the government is able to simply keep taking landowners to court...SMH. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Ha...funny how that shit works. What gets me is that the government paperwork said that the 80 acres DID NOT contain any wetlands and then even after losing not once but 3 times the government is able to simply keep taking landowners to court...SMH. 

If the DNR was still in control it never would have happened.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Obama EPA dramatically changed what was called a waterway.   I believe the Trump admin has reversed this or in the process.   

This was about govt control....if you haven't researched what the obama epa did then you have zero clue.  

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Obama EPA dramatically changed what was called a waterway.   I believe the Trump admin has reversed this or in the process.   

This was about govt control....if you haven't researched what the obama epa did then you have zero clue.  

#bufferstrips

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Wasn't it titled with something to do with "navigable waters of the u.s."?  What they were considering navigable waters at one time seemed like an overflowing mud puddle. 

this is what I was thinking of that was a potential problem for guys a few years back.  Army Corp of Engineers were interpreting the way they felt necessary just to aggrevate citizens and create a money making scheme through fines.  

https://www.nap.usace.army.mil/Portals/39/docs/regulatory/regs/33cfr329.pdf

I am building a house  and the local governments are bad enough . I have 35 high land and 20 wet and 30 that get wet poss 1 time every 5 yrs and they are all over me about building around wet lands 

Screenshot_20200630-134325.jpg

12 hours ago, Highmark said:

This is the new strategy for trying to gain control of land.  Remember, the EPA is not an elected group and that is what needs to change.   We need to remove these non-elected groups with this kind of power.