Check your account email address ×

NASCAR rallies around Bubba Wallace following noose incident, drivers push car to front of pack

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

According to the Military Times what was flown over Talladega was a Confederate Flag and most people consider it as such. The bottom  line is that noose or no noose there are plenty of racist Nascar Fans that would prefer  Bubba Wallace disappear from the sport.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2015/06/25/should-the-military-ban-the-confederate-flag/

You simply do not know that.

The military times is wrong.

Edited by Highmark

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

Seriously?  Are you joking , or just arguing with Jim for the sport of it?

I'm sure there are some but its not widespread just like there are a small number of people who likely don't want white men in the NBA.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

I'm sure there are some butbits not widespread just like there are a small number of people who likely don't want white men in the NBA.

It's crazy how some Southerners are still fighting the war. Is it because they lost?

• Gold Member

The rope that was tied on the garage door was it able to slip/constrict like a normal noose that has was used to kill all races through out history?  Or was it a non slip style knot?

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

The rope that was tied on the garage door was it able to slip/constrict like a normal noose that has was used to kill all races through out history?  Or was it a non slip style knot?

I think it was a slip knot like a noose.

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

It's crazy how some Southerners are still fighting the war. Is it because they lost?

Have you ever lived or spent significant time in the south?

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Have you ever lived or spent significant time in the south?

Yes. I lived in Baxley, GA for about 6 months when I was a kid. As an adult Nicole and I have spent quite a bit of time in the mountains of TN and NC.

Just now, ckf said:

Yes. I lived in Baxley, GA for about 6 months when I was a kid. As an adult Nicole and I have spent quite a bit of time in the mountains of TN and NC.

I went to college in Texas for a year and have spent months and months working in Florida and NC.   In college I hung around the rodeo team almost as much as the baseball team and never seen racism against AA's in any way.  I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I would never agree that its systematic or widespread.

I think the whole flag of Dixie is completely misunderstood by northerners.   Today its much more about a pride of where you are from than slavery or the Confederacy.   Its about a way of life of hunting and family and friends.   Yes I get why people dislike it but it seriously for most there doesn't mean what the media and politicians make it out to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I went to college in Texas for a year and have spent months and months working in Florida and NC.   In college I hung around the rodeo team almost as much as the baseball team and never seen racism against AA's in any way.  I'm not saying it doesn't exist but I would never agree that its systematic or widespread.

I think the whole flag of Dixie is completely misunderstood by northerners.   Today its much more about a pride of where you are from than slavery or the Confederacy.   Its about a way of life of hunting and family and friends.   Yes I get why people dislike it but it seriously for most there doesn't mean what the media and politicians make it out to be.

Before all is said and done we are going to politically correct ourselves to death, lol.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

Before all is said and done we are going to politically correct ourselves to death, lol.

Agreed.

Something I found that touches on southern pride which honestly is as much rural even small town pride than just southern.

it is virtually impossible to specifically distinguish “southern pride” from state to state. But every single one has the same kind of pride that comes from respect. A greeting in the south is a “Howdy”, or the time of day like “Mornin’” or “Afternoon” or “Evenin’” followed by a “Ma’am or Sir”. There are no “Yo’s” or “Hey you’s” like up north or out west. When your boss or parent or even just an elder or simply any other person says or asks you a question, the response includes a Ma’am or Sir, like “Yes Ma’am” or” Thank you Ma’am”, not a “Yeah, or a “Whatever”. The same holds true for most rural or agrarian areas of the country too. In New York state where there are dairy farms or orchards and farmland the people are just the same as those in the south. I’ve found the same to be true in California’s Ojai Valley. But in New York City and LA and San Diego a simple greeting to a stranger could get you mugged or even killed. The “southern pride”, which you speak of just happens to be more prevalent in the South, since there are more farmlands where pride and respect still exist. But that is changing fast as the populations from the north and west flock to the south to get away from the unbelieveable crime and corruption and overwhelming taxes in the large cities and sprawling urban areas of the northeast and southwest. All persons that have been raised with respect and the willingness to help other people even if it means some self sacrifice to do so are a rapidly disappearing breed. They are being replaced by those who were raised in a society that values one’s self over all others and their endless struggle to climb ever higher.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agreed.

Something I found that touches on southern pride which honestly is as much rural even small town pride than just southern.

it is virtually impossible to specifically distinguish “southern pride” from state to state. But every single one has the same kind of pride that comes from respect. A greeting in the south is a “Howdy”, or the time of day like “Mornin’” or “Afternoon” or “Evenin’” followed by a “Ma’am or Sir”. There are no “Yo’s” or “Hey you’s” like up north or out west. When your boss or parent or even just an elder or simply any other person says or asks you a question, the response includes a Ma’am or Sir, like “Yes Ma’am” or” Thank you Ma’am”, not a “Yeah, or a “Whatever”. The same holds true for most rural or agrarian areas of the country too. In New York state where there are dairy farms or orchards and farmland the people are just the same as those in the south. I’ve found the same to be true in California’s Ojai Valley. But in New York City and LA and San Diego a simple greeting to a stranger could get you mugged or even killed. The “southern pride”, which you speak of just happens to be more prevalent in the South, since there are more farmlands where pride and respect still exist. But that is changing fast as the populations from the north and west flock to the south to get away from the unbelieveable crime and corruption and overwhelming taxes in the large cities and sprawling urban areas of the northeast and southwest. All persons that have been raised with respect and the willingness to help other people even if it means some self sacrifice to do so are a rapidly disappearing breed. They are being replaced by those who were raised in a society that values one’s self over all others and their endless struggle to climb ever higher.

I call it the "me 1st" generation. All they care about is themselves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

What stunt...blame NASCAR if you are taking issue. 

He's the one that started it & pushed the issue. Fuck he said on Don Lemon the noose was hanging over his car. 

NASCAR has further wrecked the good thing they had ...

• Like 1

I haven't heard if it was a slip knot or not. I guess it depends on who's telling the story. If it was a slip knot, whoever would close the door would probably have to loosen it after closing the door. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

He's the one that started it & pushed the issue. Fuck he said on Don Lemon the noose was hanging over his car. 

NASCAR has further wrecked the good thing they had ...

He didn’t start it according to everything I’ve seen and read. Yes he did run with it. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

He didn’t start it according to everything I’ve seen and read. Yes he did run with it. 

It was a crew member that found and reported it.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hard for me to believe that all of the pre race stuff was not staged. This whole thing reeks of a failed publicity stunt. Bubba was just a stooge to the machine.

The problem is any positive that was possible here is erased when it's found to be a false flag. The damage is way worse that any perceived good

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ckf said:

I think it was a slip knot like a noose.

Nope, just a single loop.

Stranger now is if you google "pic of noose in nascar garage" you will not see a single pic. Somebody is paying to block the search results

Edited by Tinker

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah....no. You’re wrong on both counts. 

No I'm not.

It was part of 2 later versions of the Confederate States.   We don't go around saying the stars portion of the US flag is the US flag.

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

No I'm not.

It was part of 2 later versions of the Confederate States.   We don't go around saying the stars portion of the US flag is the US flag.

Oh for FFS...it’s considered the Confederate Flag by almost everybody no matter how you want to parse it.

NASCAR releases image of noose found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall

Thursday morning NASCAR released an image of the noose that was found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall on Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway.

No43garagestallnoose
Photo Credit: NASCAR

1 minute ago, ckf said:

NASCAR releases image of noose found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall

June 25, 2020 at 11:23 AM

Thursday morning NASCAR released an image of the noose that was found in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall on Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway.

No43garagestallnoose Photo Credit: NASCAR

And it was the same knot that was in every other garage.  It would have taken 5 seconds to look around the corner and notice.   Common sense must have been absent that day.   Or like I told jimmy, you are being programmed to believe everything is racist.   Pretty sad when you have to LOOK to find and report on things like this...almost like a narrative is being pushed.  Is having a pull rope on a garage door "systematic racism"?

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And it was the same knot that was in every other garage.  It would have taken 5 seconds to look around the corner and notice.   Common sense must have been absent that day.   Or like I told jimmy, you are being programmed to believe everything is racist.   Pretty sad when you have to LOOK to find and report on things like this...almost like a narrative is being pushed.  Is having a pull rope on a garage door "systematic racism"?

Not true. It was the only stall that had a noose. The other stalls had a knot without any loops.