Jump to content

Google Pixel 4??


Recommended Posts

It's about time to upgrade the 3 year old Galaxy S8+. I've had Samsung smartphones since I upgraded from my Motorola Droid 2. 

Are the Google phones as good as the Samsung phones?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife uses my original Pixel XL and it's still a fantastic phone. I currently have a Pixel 3 XL and like it a lot but think the original was a better design. My next phone will probably also be a Google device as long as I remain on their Fi cell service. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Pixel 3, wife has a Pixel 3a XL.  My first phone had a bad mic out of the box but no issues after that.  Running the Google phones is much better in my experience than a Samsung with bloatware running over the top of Android.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Pixel 3xl right now but I think next time I will go back to Motorola. The Pixel is the best Android software experience but the phone is nowhere near as tough as my Motorola Turbo 2. I personally don't like the Samsung as they usually just have to much crap and bloatware on them. The new Motorola phone just came out the Edge + and they say a second generation Razr will be along in September. I have Verizon and have got in the habit of buying a new phone on black Friday every year as I usually end up paying half of the normal price of the phone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have a Pixel 3xl right now but I think next time I will go back to Motorola. The Pixel is the best Android software experience but the phone is nowhere near as tough as my Motorola Turbo 2. I personally don't like the Samsung as they usually just have to much crap and bloatware on them. The new Motorola phone just came out the Edge + and they say a second generation Razr will be along in September. I have Verizon and have got in the habit of buying a new phone on black Friday every year as I usually end up paying half of the normal price of the phone.

I have a Motorola z4 plus I think.. something like that,..it's been a really solid phone

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm on my second google phone after 3 samsungs.  I like it will go with it again on the next one as well.  

The camera on the Pixel is really impressive. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

The camera on the Pixel is really impressive. 

That's what first caught my attention.  

I just ordered the 4xl for myself and the 3a xl for Nicole.  We'll see how they work for us soon,  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ckf said:

That's what first caught my attention.  

I just ordered the 4xl for myself and the 3a xl for Nicole.  We'll see how they work for us soon,  lol

Baller.  This poor kid from NH can only afford the 3a XL for himself.  

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Baller.  This poor kid from NH can only afford the 3a XL for himself.  

 

 

My s8 lasted me 3 years. How many phones have you bought in that time?  :news:

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ckf said:

My s8 lasted me 3 years. How many phones have you bought in that time?  :news:

 My last 2 phones were a Pixel XL(that i got for less than $10/mo on a trade in deal from a Note i bought used) which i kept for 3 years and now my 3A XL.  I don't buy much new these days.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

 My last 2 phones were a Pixel XL(that i got for less than $10/mo on a trade in deal from a Note i bought used) which i kept for 3 years and now my 3A XL.  I don't buy much new these days.  

One of the reasons I went with the Pixel was their updating because I don't upgrade very often.

I bought the insurance for the 1st time for Nicole's phone because she has been know to drop her phone and break the screen. The 3a XL will replace her cracked screen A50.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 12:03 PM, ckf said:

That's what first caught my attention.  

I just ordered the 4xl for myself and the 3a xl for Nicole.  We'll see how they work for us soon,  lol

Here are a couple photos from my wife's 3a xl.  I'm sure the 4 has an even better camera.  

90310220_10100427926998338_5491674763828920320_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=yPx5clCJDWgAX8E7jPy&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=58775b99e9f704ab887494558aad0d99&oe=5F04CD7C

91356860_10100434394716978_6330454994537414656_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=r9WVVXVxt-8AX8ThLby&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=3969bdd877fffc8ce079743c829d6955&oe=5F037F34

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ckf said:

One of the reasons I went with the Pixel was their updating because I don't upgrade very often.

I bought the insurance for the 1st time for Nicole's phone because she has been know to drop her phone and break the screen. The 3a XL will replace her cracked screen A50.

i have an old samsung S4 still that i bought from Moe that i used when i dropped the original XL off the motorcycle and it got run over.  I had insurance on that one.  Didn't bother with the 3a as it's so cheap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nrcptr said:

I have a pixel 4, it's an alright phone. Battery can go fast.  I would look at a One Plus 8pro. I  have the 6t, still a great solid phone.

I don't think Xfinity supports those phones.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

water resistant?

 I am on my 2nd Sony Xperia in the past 5-6yrs

current one 3yrs old, still love it but the better half stepped on it in so cracked screen and memory is just about full

 

Carrier no long carries Sony :( so need to get a new phone

 

Got Iphone for work and hate that POS horrid battery life compared to my Sony

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Original Lummox said:

water resistant?

 I am on my 2nd Sony Xperia in the past 5-6yrs

current one 3yrs old, still love it but the better half stepped on it in so cracked screen and memory is just about full

 

Carrier no long carries Sony :( so need to get a new phone

 

Got Iphone for work and hate that POS horrid battery life compared to my Sony

The Pixel 4's are water resistant to one meter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ckf said:

I don't think Xfinity supports those phones.  

Some of the one plus phone are missing certain bands for some US carriers. You would have to do some research.

I bought the first One Plus but the screen had a yellow band and was a total piece of shit. Since then I haven't really even seriously considered another one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so much nicer to not have all of the Samsung software on top of the Google software.  The camera is amazing when compared to the camera in my S8.

The biggest difference that I noticed is how smooth the display is when scrolling through pages. The extra battery useage is worth have the 90hz refresh rate turned on   :thumb:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I turn off the active edge on these things.  Phones are nice, but that feature is a pain if you actually work and carry a phone.  I've adjusted the sensitivity down and still find the thing turning on at random times.  Back to butt dialing?  Who knows, leave it on and you will talk to old contacts when the phone decides.  I deleted quite a few pocket photos too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol

×
×
  • Create New...